Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2014, 14:24   #2176
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
There you go.. I forgot to mention, my friend had opted for COD, whereas I paid upfront. Lesson learnt!
Mine is also CoD. :P

Seems we can contact Delhivery on 0124 - 4718900.

Ph : 01244718900

Anyway, lets wait and see. Next time on I'll budget in a 15 day wait period if I'm ordering from Snapdeal.com

Flipkart is pretty quick & even responsive. On 7th October I'd ordered a Xiaomi Mi3 on Flipkart, it was delivered on 12th. 5 days despite BBD rush seems pretty cool to me .

On the same day (10th Oct), I had ordered Belkin Car Inverter from Amazon for Rs.1,804/- & its delivered today.
Packaging & Box was damaged abit, but product seems perfectly fine.
Old 18th October 2014, 17:30   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Flipkart is pretty quick & even responsive. On 7th October I'd ordered a Xiaomi Mi3 on Flipkart, it was delivered on 12th. 5 days despite BBD rush seems pretty cool to me .
Tried ordering a Moto G 16GB 1st gen for someone from Flipkart. The product page shows it will be delivered in 7 business days. However, the status later changes. The delivery data magically changes to 4th Nov in the cart. Finally, did not take a final call.
Old 18th October 2014, 17:36   #2178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Tried ordering a Moto G 16GB 1st gen for someone from Flipkart. The product page shows it will be delivered in 7 business days. However, the status later changes. The delivery data magically changes to 4th Nov in the cart. Finally, did not take a final call.
Same was the case with me, I was ordering a micro SD card for my MOTO E, on the pages it was showing delivered in 2 days. On the payment page it was showing 28th OCT. That is 10 days. I didn't place the order as I needed the card quick.
Old 18th October 2014, 17:38   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I got a call from so called www.Jumbuon9.com (The caller told so).
He told me that my is selected for a Samsung S5 phone which I can buy for 11000/- COD with 6 months warranty.

He assured me that it is original S5 made in Korea.
He noted my name and address and told me that I will get a verification call by evening for confirmation of name and address.
When I asked him the website name again, as I did hear it properly first time, he told me that the site is under construction an will be launched on occasion of Diwali.

Just now I got verification call an the person Umer Shaikh assured to dispatch the mobile by today and I will get it within 5-6 days.

Is it a scam?
If I get that parcel, I will first ask the courier guy to open and show me the contents. If I am satisfied, I will pay the money.
Old 18th October 2014, 18:12   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
He told me that my is selected for a Samsung S5 phone which I can buy for 11000/- COD with 6 months warranty.
Is it a scam?
If I get that parcel, I will first ask the courier guy to open and show me the contents. If I am satisfied, I will pay the money.
Looks like a kind of new scam. You are most likely to get a cheap Chinese made imitation of S5 if at all. Stay clear of such deals. These phones sometimes work flawlessly and at other times will not work at all or will have very limited set of features.

For COD, you cannot usually open the parcel before making the payment. You first need to make the payment and then open and then if not satisfied follow the return policy of the seller. AVOID.
Old 18th October 2014, 19:09   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He assured me that it is original S5 made in Korea.
There is no such thing like free lunch. Galaxy S5 price can never be 11K at any cost. I know better . It is pure scam. So, just avoid it and don't accept such package.
Old 18th October 2014, 20:28   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a quite common scam. You will get a phone and it will look nearly identical to S5.

But it will be a 8k phone with Mediatek chipset not an S5.

Example of scam:

http://thedroidguy.com/2013/07/bewar...kKZQyfHxYJX.97
Old 19th October 2014, 08:33   #2183
Senior - BHPian

I am replying from my phone so cannot quote the required posts above.

IIRC, when on the arrival of Moto G in June from FK COD, my sister (I was out of town) asked the Courier Guy to open the package and show the contents. He showed and then payment was made.

Coming back to our discussion. On arrival of the 'so called' S5 phone I will ask the Courier guy to open the package and let me first check the box contents. If its really Samsung Galaxy S5 and not any sumsung or samsang or alike then only I will take delivery and pay Rs.11000/-
If he does not allow me to check box contents [or seal of the box (the seal of Samsung and not Jumbuon9) for that matter] I will not accept the package.

Thank you all for your advice.
Old 19th October 2014, 09:47   #2184
J.Ravi

I ordered a Color Plus pant yesterday at 11:11 am with Myntra and got it delivered at 9:30 am today!

Old 19th October 2014, 11:45   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today morning I got a call from so called www.Jumbuon9.com (The caller told so).
Whois records say that such a domain has not even been registered. Scam.

http://whois.domaintools.com/jumbuon9.com
Old 19th October 2014, 17:27   #2186
BHPian

Good evening all.

I'm curious to know what kind of foreign exchange rates your credit cards use when you make USD payments. I dont normally check rates for small (<USD 50) purchases but recently I made a USD 256 purchase on my Standard Chartered card and was billed Rs 16,525 -- that's @64.55 when the market rate is 61.45. Since I have a bunch of other USD purchases coming up I want to know if there's any particular card / strategy to minimise these losses.
Old 19th October 2014, 18:02   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Used my Citi bank cc to buy from aliexpress - 14.73$ and I am charged 923 Rs in cc statement.

Last edited by harry10 : 19th October 2014 at 18:03.
Old 19th October 2014, 20:22   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
I'm curious to know what kind of foreign exchange rates your credit cards use when you make USD payments. I dont normally check rates for small (<USD 50) purchases but recently I made a USD 256 purchase on my Standard Chartered card and was billed Rs 16,525 -- that's @64.55 when the market rate is 61.45. Since I have a bunch of other USD purchases coming up I want to know if there's any particular card / strategy to minimise these losses.
Pretty much all of them charge 3.5% (which includes SCB - they have it listed here: https://www.sc.com/in/credit-cards/t...d-charges.html).

You need to check the exchange rate of the day when your order was charged to your card, not when you made the purchase. Further, the rate at which the bank sells foreign currency would be slightly higher than the exchange rate reported at xe.com or Google Finance or other online sources. Lastly, there is service tax @12.36% charged on top of this markup.

As a strategy - "is anyone coming from the US in the next 2-3 months?" in your Facebook timeline is hard to beat. :-)

Last edited by binand : 19th October 2014 at 20:23.
Old 19th October 2014, 20:46   #2189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...On arrival of the 'so called' S5 phone I will ask the Courier guy to open the package and let me first check the box contents. If its really Samsung Galaxy S5 and not any sumsung or samsang or alike then only I will take delivery and pay Rs.11000/-...
Do you really want to do this? Question - what is the benefit for these guys to give it at 11K??

If these guys could do it legally, why NOT sellers in eBay or other places?
Old 19th October 2014, 22:20   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Fake or Real Samsung S5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
you really want to do this? Question - what is the benefit for these guys to give it at 11K??

If these guys could do it legally, why NOT sellers in eBay or other places?
Might be it is a Grey Market Model which was brought to India hiding from Customs.

I just want to check the reality behind this. Also if the Courier guy does not allow me to open the box and check the contents, I am not going to accept the "parcel".

Sorry if OT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks