Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 19:12   #2311
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Hmm seems to me that Aramex courier is one weak link in Amazon's delivery process. My order took 13 days and again - Aramex.
Old 28th October 2014, 19:32   #2312
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, one of my orders has been shipped through Aramex and this is the first time they are serving me. Reading posts doesnt inspire confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
How did you get two years warranty?
One year warranty default and extended for another year through their Nokia care protect. Have had this on all the Lumias at home and works like a charm. You can buy it at nokia care for 1490 but I got it for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
But the replacement did arrive in a reasonably timely manner. One must note that most HD companies do not replace warranty claims with "new" drives, but rather with refurbished ones.

I had huge concerns about such refurb ones, but that replacement one has been chugging away just as well, with no cause for concern. So I'm now reassured that their QA for refurb drives is as good as new ones.
I had a six month battle against seagate when they provided me refurbished drives and those failed within a month or two. Supposedly it was a defect with that series for which they introduced a new version. But they used to give refurbished drives of the earlier version only. Their RMA partner Accel was the most in-cooperative and I ended up going all the way to Seagate's Singapore customer care and fought for months together after which I got a brand new drive of the later version.

Last edited by audioholic : 28th October 2014 at 19:37.
Old 28th October 2014, 19:49   #2313
BHPian

I ordered Transcend DrivePro200 from amazon.in on 20th Oct. Status shows will be shipped by 27-28. Luckily I selected COD. So not much worried.
While ordering it was showing delivery in 3-4 days.
Contacted the seller who says due to Diwali courier guys are on leave.
Old 28th October 2014, 19:53   #2314
BHPian

Because of heavy booking for festivals at Ecommerce sites the delivery has been slow,
It took a week for delivery by bluedart from Warangal to Bangalore (Ebay)
also got mail from Ebay of delays on shipments and this is accross all courier service providers.
Old 28th October 2014, 20:51   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a Belkin surge protector from Snapdeal late Sunday night for office use. Standard delivery was guaranteed before 2nd November, was delivered around 3 pm today and put in use within the next 20 odd minutes.

The best part buying stuff online for office these days is that all products are accompanied with a proper tax invoice and the same is sent via email too. These are complete with the seller's TIN no. and my accountant is now a happy man as his life at the time of audit becomes a little bit easier.

Flipkart has sent me a mail asking for 500 bucks for subscription to a premium service of some sort. Guess it is their take on Amazon's prime but unlike prime there is no 30 day free and fully refundable trial. Will subscribe to find out what they have come up with when I order some stuff the next time around.
Old 28th October 2014, 23:43   #2316
BHPian

We found this home delivery service called Cost Club. Their website is http://www.cost-club.com/. Their USP is charging wholesale prices and home delivery and they apparently have operations in Delhi and Mumbai besides Kolkata.

We ordered a bunch of stuff from them on Sunday night -- mostly packaged groceries such as biscuits, tea, etc. The idea was to check whether it was a reliable service and how soon delivery took place.

The stuff was delivered today. A polite gentleman telephoned for some help with directions at about 1900 and delivered the goods by 1930. He seemed to be either the owner himself or some manager and was accompanied by a helper who brought the stuff. On reaching our home he patiently took out each item to compare it with the order. Payment was COD.

On later inspection I found they have charged 5-15% less than the MRP on every single item ordered. Overall great experience and parents are very pleased. I strongly recommend them. It fills a niche gap between Flipkart/Amazon which are marketplaces predominantly (and which do not stock FMCGs, groceries) and malls / supermarkets (where phone shopping is rarely possible)
Old 29th October 2014, 07:04   #2317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
It fills a niche gap between Flipkart/Amazon which are marketplaces predominantly (and which do not stock FMCGs, groceries) and malls / supermarkets (where phone shopping is rarely possible)
Here in Bangalore, we have companies like bigbasket.com and zopnow.com doing this. I'm not sure of discounts/below-MRP these people offer, but their delivery schedules are good (worst is next day, with T+4 hours options available).
Old 29th October 2014, 08:02   #2318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
We found this home delivery service called Cost Club. Their website is http://www.cost-club.com/. Their USP is charging wholesale prices and home delivery and they apparently have operations in Delhi and Mumbai besides Kolkata.
The logo of Cost Club is so similar to Costco Wholesale,USA.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-logo.jpg  

Old 29th October 2014, 09:06   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Here in Bangalore, we have companies like bigbasket.com and zopnow.com doing this. I'm not sure of discounts/below-MRP these people offer, but their delivery schedules are good (worst is next day, with T+4 hours options available).
Heavy user of Bigbasket.com - but if prices were concerned I am not sure if anyone can beat the hypermarkets like More Megastore or Reliance even for that matter. I almost use Bigbasket every week, have used towness.com as well - but the major grouse remains the prices. Both will almost always charge the MRP. Quality though is fantastic with both.
Old 29th October 2014, 09:40   #2320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Heavy user of Bigbasket.com - but if prices were concerned I am not sure if anyone can beat the hypermarkets like More Megastore or Reliance even for that matter. I almost use Bigbasket every week, have used towness.com as well - but the major grouse remains the prices. Both will almost always charge the MRP. Quality though is fantastic with both.
With Bigbasket.com do you really get fresh vegies and fruits ? What if they send you stale old stuff like our local stores "usually" do?
Old 29th October 2014, 10:07   #2321
Senior - BHPian

JFYI - My cousin shops veggies from jagsfresh.com and is quite happy with price/quality both!
Old 29th October 2014, 10:11   #2322
Senior - BHPian

Ordered for a DSLR on amazon on 14th and it was delivered on 27th.

Shipment originated in Bangalore , and was delivered to my office address in Bangalore by Fedex. Fedex had the package on 17th but they delivered on 27th.

Choosing the 2 day delivery option may have been better.
Old 29th October 2014, 10:14   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
With Bigbasket.com do you really get fresh vegies and fruits ? What if they send you stale old stuff like our local stores "usually" do?
Veggies and fruits are better at Towness.com rather than Bigbasket - however if you find any issue whatsoever with them you call the CC at Bigbasket and they would refund you the money - No questions asked. As far as the local stores go - I use them only when I really have no option as (1) I have no idea how to choose veggies (2) I cannot bargain in the local language and I know for a fact that prices are different for the two
Old 29th October 2014, 10:48   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Damn, one of my orders has been shipped through Aramex and this is the first time they are serving me. Reading posts doesnt inspire confidence

One year warranty default and extended for another year through their Nokia care protect. Have had this on all the Lumias at home and works like a charm. You can buy it at nokia care for 1490 but I got it for free.
Ohh, wish I'd known this before. That's what you get when you compare prices online only and not offline. Got it (Lumia 730) for 15k from Amazon with no extended warranty. Do you think you can get extended warranty from Nokia care after buying online? Though I don't think it makes much sense if you have to pay 1.5k for it.

Last edited by Raccoon : 29th October 2014 at 10:50.
Old 29th October 2014, 11:00   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Heavy user of Bigbasket.com - but if prices were concerned I am not sure if anyone can beat the hypermarkets like More Megastore or Reliance even for that matter.
Price is not the only concern, of course.

For me, the nearest hypermarkets are either HyperCity at Brookefield or Total at Mahadevpura (we are yet to try the Star Bazaar at Kundalahalli). Either case, something that takes my wife 30 minutes in front of the computer takes anywhere upto 3 hours at these places. With the hassle of traffic, parking, honking, paying, queuing etc., I still prefer bigbasket or others even if it costs a couple of hundred rupees extra on a 3K order.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks