Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 17:20   #2356
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I think BlueDart is to be blamed
Here is the status of my order

Hopefully it will be delivered today. I think in order to get the best experience from Flipkart, you should buy from WS Retail and hope that the logistic provider is ekart.
What! Delivery within 3 days? Lucky you! For me, there's no sign. The delivery dates are being moved time and again. Was compensated for the delay with 200 bucks added to the FK wallet yesterday.

A colleague ordered a ZenFone5 on the same day as I did and he is awaiting delivery too, even though his courier partner is eKart. Apparently, there's a certain consignment which is stuck at Bangalore (includes mine and his) and the courier partners aren't releasing/ prioritizing them due to non-payment of dues by Flipkart (?)

P.S. Not sure if, I believe this but, seemingly he has a relative working for eKart who gave him this "insight".

Quote:
BTW, what were the 2 offers that you got?
As for the offer, that included a screen guard and a micro->standard sim converter (freebies). This offer was stripped off from the latest one.

Cheers,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 30th October 2014, 17:48   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
What! Delivery within 3 days? Lucky you! For me, there's no sign. The delivery dates are being moved time and again. Was compensated for the delay with 200 bucks added to the FK wallet yesterday.

A colleague ordered a ZenFone5 on the same day as I did and he is awaiting delivery too, even though his courier partner is eKart. Apparently, there's a certain consignment which is stuck at Bangalore (includes mine and his) and the courier partners aren't releasing/ prioritizing them due to non-payment of dues by Flipkart (?)

P.S. Not sure if, I believe this but, seemingly he has a relative working for eKart who gave him this "insight".
To be honest, your friend's "insight" doesn't make sense. Why would the courier partners hold up one specific consignment while releasing all the other ones including future consignments?
Good to see Flipkart compensating for the delay. Atleast they care a little bit about their customers.

Quote:
As for the offer, that included a screen guard and a micro->standard sim converter (freebies). This offer was stripped off from the latest one.
Yes, they have removed the offer from the last couple of sales. That micro sim adapter is really handy as the Redmi has a peculiar mini SIM slot.

Last edited by Marauder : 30th October 2014 at 17:50.
Old 30th October 2014, 18:30   #2358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
So, I ordered some wall stickers for my kid's room from EBay.
Saw that the seller rating was very good and deciced to pay upfront instead of COD.

Those stickers aren't so good actually. I tried them and didnt like the product quality at all. The size was not correctly mentioned, the vinyl quality was just average. In comparison, I ordered from a different seller for a higher price which I have installed it and is staying on the wall from more than a year. I have got a lot of compliments from guests who first ask if someone painted the wall

By the way, does ARAMEX courier transport by road irrespective of the consignment? A seller shipped an order day before yesterday, and it left their lucknow facility the previous night. But it hasnt turned up in bangalore yet. People may think I am insane in expecting a two day transit, but just asking since my experience with other couriers is that they transport smaller goods by air and this would usually give a 12hr window in reaching the destination hub from source. Now dont pelt stones at me for expecting something to happen in 12hrs as most of you are talking about days. Just being optimistic

Last edited by audioholic : 30th October 2014 at 18:36.
Old 30th October 2014, 19:18   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I am having a strange problem with Amazon now . I bought a product through them on 20th October and it was dispatched through Gati on 22nd. But after that there is no update on where my product is. The docket number updated for tracking is also invalid. I spoke to CC couple of times and they confirmed that they will escalate and sort it soon. the product was suppose to be delivered on 28th as per their update in my account. Still waiting for their response, the status of my product is dispatched and didn't move further since last 1 week .
Same here. Horrible is that they are not even ready to cancel the order and refund the money back. They ask me to refuse the package during delivery and once it reaches back to the seller they would initiate the refund. Funny thing is the package is not trackable in Gati Website.
Old 30th October 2014, 19:20   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Those stickers aren't so good actually. I tried them and didnt like the product quality at all. The size was not correctly mentioned, the vinyl quality was just average. In comparison, I ordered from a different seller for a higher price which I have installed it and is staying on the wall from more than a year. I have got a lot of compliments from guests who first ask if someone painted the wall
c
I was also planning to get a sticker from ebay later due to lack of feedback decided not to risk on unknown product.

can you please post pic of the wall OR the price of the sticker and ebay link for similar product

Thank You
Old 30th October 2014, 19:29   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I am having a strange problem with Amazon now . I bought a product through them on 20th October and it was dispatched through Gati on 22nd. But after that there is no update on where my product is..
Similar problem for me too. The product to be delivered on 21st hasn't updated after 17th in the tracking as it is still in transit. The good part is that I received a mail from amazon yesterday that they're crediting some gift cash in my account for future use and also that I can cancel the order for full refund if the wait is too long.
Old 30th October 2014, 20:35   #2362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I was also planning to get a sticker from ebay later due to lack of feedback decided not to risk on unknown product.

can you please post pic of the wall OR the price of the sticker and ebay link for similar product

Thank You

Here are the pictures. Pardon the quality since the main light has conked off and I had to use the Chandelier and the light exactly above the sticker to illuminate the area.

The Online Shopping Thread-view1.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-view2.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-close1.jpg

The seller I brought from was based in Tamil Nadu whom I cant find anymore. However, I see similar listings http://www.ebay.in/itm/wall-stickers...item2c7c968518

When I brought them, these kind of stickers were sold at 599 while a cheaper variety was sold at 199-249. Not sure how it is now.

One tip for buying these stickers is buy a single coloured or dual colour sticker rather than those full colour designs. The full colour designs look very artificial compared to the single or two coloured stickers which look like painting on a wall. Also, buy the ones whose actual printing layout is shown in the listing. They were packed in a cylindrical container that meant no damages during transit. The cheaper one I had brought was just folded and sent in a A4 envelope. Totally worth it. PLanning to change the design since its more than a year it has been there.

Application requires patience, and if you have a paint thats not washable, you should be careful while removing them. The recent washable paints dont throw any problems.

BTW, the corner stand you see is also from Ebay. It was brought from a Jaipur seller and I had to assemble the pieces. Was shipped by DTDC surface which took more than a week, acceptable since it was heavy.

Last edited by audioholic : 30th October 2014 at 20:37.
Old 30th October 2014, 21:19   #2363
BHPian

Here is my latest grouse with Amazon. The order date was 21st Oct, was dispatched on the same date. I can understand the Diwali holidays but this is far too much. On top of this, the status shows an absolute blatant lie that 'CUSTOMER REQUEST ANOTHER DATE DELIVERY' which is just pathetic. The courier is the 'reputed' Gati. Looks like we have another contender for the top slot other than Aramex.

Couple of my orders were also cancelled stating some crappy reason - they have given me a 200 coupon but it is just not done. I have hardly had any bad experience with Amazon and this festive season this is the 3rd bad instance.

Upon talking to the CC, they have 'escalated' this to their higher ups . However I am not sure whom to hold accountable the seller or Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-gati.jpg  

Old 31st October 2014, 02:18   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Here are the pictures. Pardon the quality since the main light has conked off and I had to use the Chandelier and the light exactly above the sticker to illuminate the area.
That indirect lighting actually looks too good !!!

Quote:
When I brought them, these kind of stickers were sold at 599 while a cheaper variety was sold at 199-249. Not sure how it is now.
Quote:
Also, buy the ones whose actual printing layout is shown in the listing. They were packed in a cylindrical container that meant no damages during transit.
Flipkart sells at around 299 onwards. I had bought a set for my kid's room earlier this year. Was sent in similar cylinder packaging. Excellent quality if I may say.
This is my first attempt with EBay though.

Quote:
One tip for buying these stickers is buy a single coloured or dual colour sticker rather than those full colour designs. The full colour designs look very artificial compared to the single or two coloured stickers which look like painting on a wall.
The single coloured ones look elegant and classy !!

Btw, I got the Blue Dart AWB number for the 2 consignments from EBay.
As said earlier, Blue Dart is EBay's Power Logistics (some management guru named it i guess) provider. So will wait till Saturday. Hopeless they have become too.
Old 31st October 2014, 07:50   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
What is the best site to purchase Nikon lenses. Looking for 18-140mm. Snapdeal once sold it for 20k and i am still waiting for them to sell it in that price range.
Bumping my own ask. Which site to purchase the aforementioned lens.
Old 31st October 2014, 08:08   #2366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

The single coloured ones look elegant and classy !!

Btw, I got the Blue Dart AWB number for the 2 consignments from EBay.
As said earlier, Blue Dart is EBay's Power Logistics (some management guru named it i guess) provider. So will wait till Saturday. Hopeless they have become too.
If you have got the AWB number and they picked it up, I think delivery will be within a day or two as per my experience. Last week, FK delayed shipping the item for four days and it didn't turn up on blue dart website. Later once it turned up, it was delivered the next evening.
Old 31st October 2014, 09:44   #2367
BHPian

Aramex has to be the worst courier company on this planet. Its been almost 9-10 days since my packet was picked up by them, and it has not been delivered as of yet.

As per the site the packet has been in Delhi/Gurgaon since 27th Oct morning, but there is absolutely no action. The status says that my shipment has been put on hold. I don't know the reason for it.

Aramex Tracker ->
Gurgaon, India10/30/2014 2:24:00 PM On Hold
Delhi Hub, India10/27/2014 7:50:00 AM Departed Operations facility – In Transit Gurgaon, India10/27/2014 6:20:00 AM Received at Operations Facility
Bombay HUB, India10/25/2014 8:21:00 AM Departed Operations facility – In Transit Bhiwandi Branch, India10/23/2014 9:48:00 PM Departed Operations facility – In Transit Bhiwandi Branch, India10/23/2014 8:52:00 PM Received at Origin Facility
Bhiwandi Branch, India10/23/2014 8:51:00 PM Received at Origin Facility
Bhiwandi Branch, India10/23/2014 8:51:00 PM Record Created

I tried escalating to Amazon, but their customer care seems to be clueless and helpless. :(
Old 31st October 2014, 10:07   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Here is my latest grouse with Amazon. The order date was 21st Oct, was dispatched on the same date. I can understand the Diwali holidays but this is far too much. On top of this, the status shows an absolute blatant lie that 'CUSTOMER REQUEST ANOTHER DATE DELIVERY' which is just pathetic. The courier is the 'reputed' Gati. Looks like we have another contender for the top slot other than Aramex.
Looks Like this is a new trick by many of the couriers. I had the similar experience with both Bluedart and FedEx. The status updates showed messages like "Customer unavailable, premises locked", "Customer PIN code incorrect", etc. Both these were blatant lies as the premise has a 24 hour security who collects all couriers, and in the second case the PIN was indeed correct in their original package. The delivery boys update with these kind of status updates just to justify delays due to their own issues. I had escalated them as it happened more than once with both these 'reputed' couriers, but no repsonse from any of them.

Last edited by aravindr : 31st October 2014 at 10:09.
Old 31st October 2014, 10:23   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Same here. Horrible is that they are not even ready to cancel the order and refund the money back. They ask me to refuse the package during delivery and once it reaches back to the seller they would initiate the refund. Funny thing is the package is not trackable in Gati Website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Similar problem for me too. The product to be delivered on 21st hasn't updated after 17th in the tracking as it is still in transit. The good part is that I received a mail from amazon yesterday that they're crediting some gift cash in my account for future use and also that I can cancel the order for full refund if the wait is too long.
After lot of noise i made, they tracked my product to be in Bangalore Hoskote warehouse from where the Gati missed to pick it up for shipment. I had made the full payment during the purchase since the COD option was not available for it.Finally they gave one option, if i cant wait more i can cancel my order and they will refund my money. I can make a new order for the same product opting 1 day delivery and they will refund the difference amount as the purchase i made was from a deal and saved quite a sum. So i will wait till Sunday and cancel my order if no progress.
Old 31st October 2014, 12:24   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! After getting below experience, I mailed to Jeff Bezos office and guess what I got a call from his office from US . They were in apologetic mood and informed me that sure they will take corrective action and this kind of feedback is very helpful for us.

Really, this guy Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos takes things very seriously and even for this product they called me and enquired
1. Whether anyone gave you call?
2. Did anyone informed you status etc. etc.

Now, they will take the class of concerned. I was very disappointed by their "blame" on me as per them I am rescheduling the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I am having bad experience with www.amazon.in. Last 7 days they are rescheduling delivery of my ordered product and blaming me. Above all my house is not closed even for single minute in last 10 days.

---

Most Viewed