Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2014, 20:29   #2686
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Something happens to all of them when you mention sale!

I have bought around 30-35 times from them, but never had any issues.
I am not going to use that website. And no, not all websites offer deals that can only be seen on the website. Amazon, FK, Fab Furnish are all very good websites. Everyone screws up sometimes - but it's how they try to correct a situation is what counts.

On the sale front - the Jopasu Car Duster I bought from Snapdeal seems to giving up quite early. I doubt it is original at all. I have the old one (bought from Ebay - no Sale) and that seems to be doing a better job. Snapdeal in another website I do try to avoid.
Old 28th December 2014, 13:26   #2687
BHPian

Delayed delivery by Snapdeal

I had a bad experience with Snapdeal recently due to delayed shipment. I had ordered a backup battery for my camera which I planned to carry for an important vacation. I ordered it on 12th Dec delivery promised on 18th Dec (from item location Mumbai to my place in Pune!). However it was delivered 4 days late (on 22nd Dec). So I couldn't take it to the vacation. I had to make a last minute expensive arrangement from local market.

To summarize, this purchase proved useless for me. I would rather return it unpacked back to Snapdeal and get refund.

The courier company was Delhivery. This is my second bad experience with Delhivery .

Lessons learned:
1. Never rely on the delivery dates while shopping online especially when it is seriously important for you. Always keep a handful buffer time.
2. Opt for COD to avoid issues due to delays in delivery.
3. Avoid Snapdeal.
Old 28th December 2014, 21:21   #2688
BHPian

Is anybody using PayUmoney for transactions? Had used it with a private website and got special discounts. Today ordered Skil ratchet screwdrivers from Snapdeal. Price was ₹298+40 for shipping. Opted for PayUmoney and they offered 25% discount for the transaction. Total cost ₹253 😀
Old 28th December 2014, 21:52   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Is anybody using PayUmoney for transactions? Had used it with a private website and got special discounts. Today ordered Skil ratchet screwdrivers from Snapdeal. Price was ₹298+40 for shipping. Opted for PayUmoney and they offered 25% discount for the transaction. Total cost ₹253 😀
OK for such small value transactions. have heard of complaints on another forum. So, preferably avoid, esp for big ticket transactions.
Old 28th December 2014, 21:57   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
OK for such small value transactions. have heard of complaints on another forum. So, preferably avoid, esp for big ticket transactions.
Believe it is just a payment gateway, what kind of complaints can arise. I did a search too, but its not related to any transactions but only on setting up it as a payment gateway.
Old 28th December 2014, 22:08   #2691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Regarding PayU, I had paid 11000+9500 to them handling transactions for IIT-Bombay for a certain workshop. Well due to some reasons we had to take a refund from them. They did process it smoothly and at one instance the merchant(IIT) hadnt initiated the refund request but told us that they did. So I contacted them to clarify the same. Their phone number was not available so I directly mailed the head. He got back within a short while and clarified the whole issue. Definitely not professional but at the same time not a scam either.
Old 28th December 2014, 22:22   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Believe it is just a payment gateway, what kind of complaints can arise. I did a search too, but its not related to any transactions but only on setting up it as a payment gateway.
My bad. I was talking about paytm. It is a mobile recharge site which gives you fabulous offers (25% off, 2000rs off etc as charge-back / cashback into the paytm account) which appears very tempting, but with lots of complaints.

Last edited by null : 28th December 2014 at 22:24. Reason: typo
Old 1st January 2015, 21:03   #2693
BHPian

Hi all.a very happy new year
Just wanted to understand, how do websites like paytm, freecharge, oxigen, payu, mobikwik etc make money. all such sites offer a good cashback on various recharges for next recharge. Also we get good cashback by the use of their wallet services using partner sites.
Is there such a commission on recharge that they still end up making profits?
Dear mods, please move this thread to any other relevant forum if inappropriate here. Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 22:23   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Hi all.a very happy new year
Just wanted to understand, how do websites like paytm, freecharge, oxigen, payu, mobikwik etc make money.
They get commission from the service provider which they share. They also make money out of the ads on their site. Most of the offers happen from the fundings they get from investors. It's a game to hook you up on customer loyalty for future market.
Old 1st January 2015, 22:45   #2695
BHPian

Guys i am planning to order a SJ4000 online. Any reviews on gearbest.com or the seller puhui digital on aliexpress.com ?

Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:44   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I use Capdase Revo G dual USB charger that has a head that can swivel so that your gear may not touch that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Its a bit loose but charges just fine.
Thanks guys for the tips. Got a Capdase car charger CA00-PG01 from Amazon.in for Rs 545/-. Delivered within 2 days of order, the charger does its job but fits slightly loose in the slot. Also trying to remove the charging cable pulls the charger out of the slot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-ca00pg01-capdase.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2015, 12:55   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Two recent experiences I had:

Amazon:
Ordered a tempered screen guard (amazon fulfilled item) from Amazon and the seller promptly shipped it on the very next day itself. However, the courier company (ARAMEX) sat on it and there was no update even of the promised delivery day. Called up Amazon and they asked me to wait for 2 more days and if the item was not delivered even then, they will refund rs 100 as a token and he said he will escalate the matter with the courier company. After this call, I could see the item started movement again and was out for delivery on 2nd day after the promised delivery date, but it did not get delivered. Called up the customer care of amazon again and they said that the courier company have updated the status as 'Entry restricted for courier at the delivery address' or something like that. Told them it is false since I stay in an apartment and the security is authorized to collect courier consignments and asked them to deliver the item on the very next day. Next day, the item was delivered. Total time taken was 9 days (their promised delivery day + 3 days) for the courier to reach Bangalore from Gurgaon, but no refund of 100 rs in my account till date.

FlipKart:
(This happened few months back but mentioning now since it shows how Fliipkart deals with same issue)
Ordered an item from FK with next day delivery guarantee but they could not deliver it. By the promised delivery time, I got an SMS and e-mail apologizing for the delay and as a compensation for the delay, they refund the shipping charge of 180 rs into my flipkart wallet (even though the item I brought was having free shipping).

Now the latest from Flipkart:

I ordered an item on 10.30 pm one day and the item was delivered by 9.45 am next day - not even 12 hours. Recently, flipkart have successfully delivered all the items I have ordered before the timeline (including those items which do not have next day delivery guarantee).

--Anoop
Old 2nd January 2015, 20:49   #2698
Senior - BHPian

I had ordered some earbuds (the ones that you fit on earphones) from AliExpress, cost me 108 for 7 pairs. I had ordered it in fag end of November and it was delivered today.

First item I have got delivered from AliExpress after the Jacket order was closed a few months ago.
Old 2nd January 2015, 21:21   #2699
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dealing with online fraud - My experience with timtara.com

Quote:
CRV2010 : I am facing the same situation with a reputed company called Bata.
Purchased from Bata.in
I needed a different size, so I contact their customer service.

Sent back the item that I had received

They called back saying that the package that I had sent had old magazines in it. Since the package that I returned did not have the footwear, they say they cannot process any exchange / refund.

Looks like nothing much has changed ..
Old 2nd January 2015, 21:54   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

However, the courier company (ARAMEX) sat on it and there was no update even of the promised delivery day. Called up the customer care of amazon again and they said that the courier company have updated the status as 'Entry restricted for courier at the delivery address'

--Anoop
Entry restricted for courier at the delivery address' - This is the standard message of ARAMEX. No fault of Amazon, but it's the Worst Courier Company called ARAMEX. In our Apartments, We neither have a Security nor the Gates are ever closed. Still for all the packages from ARAMEX, I get the same Message. When I inquired with the Courier Guys, they say that this was the First time coming to Deliver and they never tried earlier.

Hope, We have a choice of Courier on Amazon Website. I've complained many times to Amazon to stop the services of ARAMEX. Please do the same from your side also.

Most Viewed