Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:02   #2701
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks guys for the tips. Got a Capdase car charger CA00-PG01 from Amazon.in for Rs 545/-. Delivered within 2 days of order, the charger does its job but fits slightly loose in the slot. Also trying to remove the charging cable pulls the charger out of the slot.
Interesting. Mine was slightly different but has the same slippery behavior!

Here's what it looks like. bit too tall for my taste. What you have is better.
The Online Shopping Thread-20140628-04.20.14.jpg
Old 7th January 2015, 11:01   #2702
Senior - BHPian

I am noticing a very strange behavior with Flipkart. I am residing in Lucknow, UP and a very frequent online buyer. when ever I am ordering over and above 5000, either there is some courier issue or delivery to the given pincode not possible. Is it a part of their strategy? I need to know whether others have noticed it or not.
Old 7th January 2015, 11:38   #2703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I am residing in Lucknow, UP [...] when ever I am ordering over and above 5000, either there is some courier issue or delivery to the given pincode not possible.
This article is about Amazon, but it also says that they are following Flipkart in this matter.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/43269889.cms
Old 7th January 2015, 12:08   #2704
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This article is about Amazon, but it also says that they are following Flipkart in this matter.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/43269889.cms
The reason given is misleading.
Yes, for Cash On delivery, this issue is real. However, where articles are pre-paid, fake addressed are seldom given.
The real issue is due to the sales tax dept, which needs a certain form (39 maybe) even for personal items bought above a certain price threshold.

This problem is unique to UP.
I guess once GST happens, and state sales taxes go away for most items, deliveries will restart.
Old 7th January 2015, 12:27   #2705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

I guess once GST happens, and state sales taxes go away for most items, deliveries will restart.
I think the issue is there in Kerala also. There were posts in this forum regarding this a while ago.
Old 7th January 2015, 13:28   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The reason given is misleading.
Yes, for Cash On delivery, this issue is real. However, where articles are pre-paid, fake addressed are seldom given.
The real issue is due to the sales tax dept, which needs a certain form (39 maybe) even for personal items bought above a certain price threshold.

1. Yes, the "order for fun" part is specific to COD.

2. Sales tax/commercial taxes/octroi related issues are known to exist when shipping to Kerala, West Bengal, Maharashtra and Gujarat (and maybe more). It is not a UP-specific issue.
Old 7th January 2015, 14:40   #2707
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly off the main topic but anyone looking for cake delivery in metropolitan Mumbai please consider www.ovenfresh.in. They have an online shop with some truly yummy-looking options that you can custom-inscribe and get delivered same day anywhere in the city. Inclusive of delivery charges, the cost of a 1 kg cake is around 1400-1600/- which I think is reasonable.

Good for last-minute panic situations (forgot a birthday or anniversary? No problem!) The store is in Shivaji Park so obviously delivery locations closer will be serviced faster (I managed to get a birthday cake to Prabhadevi in 30 mins this morning ). Alas- will not be able to sample the wares since I am in Pune this week but am told it was delicious!

Posting this here because my first stop was Flipkart and then Amazon but it looks like neither of them offers cakes in their catalogue.

Edit: forgot to mention the online shop is enabled for payment through credit, debit and internet banking.

Last edited by noopster : 7th January 2015 at 14:41.
Old 7th January 2015, 14:54   #2708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Slightly off the main topic but anyone looking for cake delivery in metropolitan Mumbai please consider www.ovenfresh.in. They have an online shop with some truly yummy-looking options that you can custom-inscribe and get delivered same day anywhere in the city. Inclusive of delivery charges, the cost of a 1 kg cake is around 1400-1600/- which I think is reasonable.

Good for last-minute panic situations (forgot a birthday or anniversary? No problem!) The store is in Shivaji Park so obviously delivery locations closer will be serviced faster (I managed to get a birthday cake to Prabhadevi in 30 mins this morning ). Alas- will not be able to sample the wares since I am in Pune this week but am told it was delicious!

Posting this here because my first stop was Flipkart and then Amazon but it looks like neither of them offers cakes in their catalogue.

Edit: forgot to mention the online shop is enabled for payment through credit, debit and internet banking.
You can also try Ferns & Petals (URL: http://www.fnp.com/). I've been a customer for years and they have a multitude of options around flowers, cakes and occasion-based gifts, and they claim to deliver in 350 cities. Best to surprise someone in the house, or someone far away. Works like a charm every time I've used it, they even have midnight delivery as an option if that's your thing!
Old 7th January 2015, 18:00   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Slightly off the main topic but anyone looking for cake delivery in metropolitan Mumbai please consider www.ovenfresh.in.
For Mumbai, now Monginis also takes order online.

http://www.monginis.net/categorysearch/cake/mumbai/
Old 12th January 2015, 08:24   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Did any one notice Flipkart has started selling Automotive and car car products. Was pleasantly surprised to see a new section under the Other stores for Automotive and car care products. A quick comparison revealed that the prices are more than other websites. Infact the seller quoted for a few Meguiars products have their own website and sell it for 200 bucks cheaper than Flipkart.

Mods: If this needs a separate thread of discussion, pls do the needful
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-flipkart.jpg  

Last edited by ghodlur : 12th January 2015 at 08:26.
Old 19th January 2015, 18:29   #2711
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I ordered a Micro SD Card Yesterday night (Sunday) at 8PM from Amazon and it was delivered today morning at 9.30am.

Although it was shipped from Bangalore only,that was a completely unexpected delivery speed . If I had known they will deliver in 12 hrs, I would not have paid Rs49 extra to ensure a 2 day delivery.
Nice to know. My father ordered http://www.amazon.in/Yamaha-YAS-103-...dp/B00MFB5S5E/ - it took 2 weeks to reach and the seller cited holiday season as a reason.

They are competing against flipkart in India and they need to do the basics right if they are to overtake Flipkart and Snapdeal - simply investing in online marketing programs wont do.

Snap deal seems to have the best prices of the 3 in general.
Old 19th January 2015, 21:50   #2712
Senior - BHPian

Outstanding experience with Flipkart today.

I had ordered a Carnauba Car Wash today at around 9:20AM choosing next day delivery because I've a FK First account.

And what happened?

It was delivered at 7PM! That's barely 10 hours after I ordered! Outstanding!
Old 19th January 2015, 23:40   #2713
Senior - BHPian

Also, for people shopping on Myntra, try using coupon code MYHUL30 for orders above Rs. 1499. Depending on the product, you may get a 30% discount.

I got these with an MRP of 4595 and at a discounted price of 3676 for Rs. 2849 after the coupon code.

The coupon is valid till March 31st 2015.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:24   #2714
J.Ravi

Last evening [19 Jan 2015], I received the Butterfly 3-burner auto ignition glass top gas stove ordered with Snapdeal on 11 Jan 2015. Notwithstanding the delay, the product was well-packed and received without any damages. This product was not available with Flipkart or Amazon or other e-tailers. In other shops, it was costlier with unwanted freebies even during Pongal festival. I paid ₹ 4,642 COD as against the MRP ₹ 7,374. The seller had 5-star rating based in Delhi. So, the product travelled from Chennai [maker] to Delhi [dealer], and then, to Bangalore [user]!

The Online Shopping Thread-butterfly.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-butterfly1.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-butterfly2.jpg

Old 20th January 2015, 09:45   #2715
Senior - BHPian

ShopClues taken to court by Tommy Hilfiger and Luxottica over selling fake sunglasses. FYI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks