Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 10:56   #2716
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
ShopClues taken to court by Tommy Hilfiger and Luxottica over selling fake sunglasses. FYI.
Also read in today's TOI that some person got fake Nike shoes from Snapdeal which were listed for 9.5k. The item was shipped from Surat. And on complaining Snapdeal's response to initiate a refund without addressing the actual problem.
Old 20th January 2015, 12:37   #2717
BHPian

For reasons I cannot explain, I've never trusted Snapdeal.

I've always seen it as a mirror image of eBay, with the added option of Cash on Delivery.

Each and every item that I've ordered from Snapdeal has ended up as a delayed delivery.

And, each time they've given me some crappy excuse for the late delivery.

"Sorry saar,the item is not in stock, Oh the courier wala had to go home saar, bike naat working saar, I will come tomorrow saar, too much rain saar"

And it's not just the delivery guys who suck, but the sellers themselves take far too long to ship than compared with Flipkart/Amazon. In a time when Flipkart and Amazon can do In-A-Day Guarantee, what's stopping most retaliers on Snapdeal to do the same? It's not like they give everything at 100% discount, so the delivery can wait!

So I'll stick to Flipkart & Amazon for any online shopping.

Last edited by sourav9385 : 20th January 2015 at 12:40.
Old 20th January 2015, 13:22   #2718
BHPian

@Sourav9385 - Me too. But in my Case, I've not ordered a Single item from them. Once, I ordered an item and immediately cancelled, because there was an additional discount which was not reflected. So, promptly cancelled. Snapdeal is in limelight because of it's advertising. I don't know how long they will last. But, I guess, the Online Community will never venture into Snapdeal, unless there's a huge difference of the same product among other e-tailers.

A query for bhpians?

Has anyone shopped on Groupon ? They don't disclose the Seller details, there's no COD, even for items below 50K (I'm referring to the ongoing iPhone Sale). Can we rely on this Website ? The Delivery stated is 10 days.
Old 20th January 2015, 13:32   #2719
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a 8GB PNY Mini M1 Attache Pen Drive to play in the car.
Got it at a good price of Rs. 204/- against the MRP of Rs. 450/- from Amazon.

Extremely small and decent transfer rates as well.
The delivery was quick as usual and the retailer was Cloudtail.

Happy with the purchase and have ordered another Pen drive from the same company for my in laws on COD option.

Amazon is way better than Flipkart/ebay and Snapdeal combined together.
Old 20th January 2015, 13:40   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
...Has anyone shopped on Groupon ? They don't disclose the Seller details, there's no COD, even for items below 50K (I'm referring to the ongoing iPhone Sale). Can we rely on this Website ? The Delivery stated is 10 days.
I use Groupon a lot, but only for getting deals for Restaurants and eating out.
Had a miserable experience purchasing an item from Groupon, that took nearly 10 days to be delivered to Chennai.

I'm used to the Flipkart First, and Amazon In-A-Day guarantee. So imagine how frustrating it will be to order stuff online that takes 10 freaking days to reach you.

It will hardly be the case where something on sale on Groupon will not be available for sale on leading sites like Amazon/Flipkart.
Groupon has extremely slow shipping.
Plus, like you said, they don't disclose any seller details. So purchase at your own risk. I would recommend not to, however.

COD used to be available on Groupon, but the last time I used COD was back in 2013. Of late, COD seems to be unavailable.

Last edited by sourav9385 : 20th January 2015 at 13:48.
Old 20th January 2015, 14:19   #2721
Team-BHP Support

10% HDFC discount plus decent buy back on Flipkart for Moto handsets for today. http://www.flipkart.com/motorola/motox2
Old 21st January 2015, 10:46   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
@Sourav9385 - Me too. But in my Case, I've not ordered a Single item from them. Once, I ordered an item and immediately cancelled, because there was an additional discount which was not reflected. So, promptly cancelled. Snapdeal is in limelight because of it's advertising. I don't know how long they will last. But, I guess, the Online Community will never venture into Snapdeal, unless there's a huge difference of the same product among other e-tailers.

A query for bhpians?

Has anyone shopped on Groupon ? They don't disclose the Seller details, there's no COD, even for items below 50K (I'm referring to the ongoing iPhone Sale). Can we rely on this Website ? The Delivery stated is 10 days.
I ordered from Groupon couple of time and got items on time as per specification in pictures. so go ahead
Old 21st January 2015, 11:26   #2723
Senior - BHPian

About Snapdeal, I did some good amount of purchasing from Snapdeal (and a little bit from Myntra) in December during GOSF.
Trust me, the offers were too good to resist.

So, we ordered 4 shirts and one saree. Some shirts were from the known brands like Allen Solly and Van Heusen. The discounts were quite high in most cases (e.g. 1600 MRP, 500 sale price).

So, we started receiving the order in installments - one shirt at a time. The last one we received was around 19 December (order date was 12 December).

Now, the funny part with online shopping is the size may not fit. Luckily they offer free reverse pickup and refund or exchange.
Decided to try this out.
The Myntra shirt was not slimfit, but advertised as slimfit. Also the size was 39 as apposed to 38. Asked for reverse pickup and refund.
One Snapdeal shirt was bigger than expected. Asked for reverse pickup and exchange with smaller size.

Long story short, the reverse pickup guys came, picked up the package, got the paper work done themselves (we did not have to print anything) and left.
Myntra gave us the money back as a credit to the card which was used (Rs. 5 was less, but that is OK).
Snapdeal took 2-3 weeks for the new shirt to be sent over from the seller in Ahmedabad.
But the shirt finally arrived.
So, a Rs. 2899 MRP shirt was delivered, returned and delivered again (in a different size) from Ahmedabad to Pune where I paid Rs. 760 with free shipping.

Now, all the shirts are of good quality. There are no fakes. I am not sure what margins are there in the retail industry, but I would probably not want to shop at a mall anymore if I know the size which fits (for a particular brand). I would keep looking for deals on Snapdeal instead.

My experience with both Snapdeal and Myntra has been very positive (more than what I expected).

Last edited by S_U_N : 21st January 2015 at 11:30.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:11   #2724
BHPian

Quote:

I have used Groupon for restaurant and hotel stay discounts as well as ordering small gifts for friends and family. The collapsible laptop table with cooling fan that i'm currently using while typing this is also from there.

Overall I've had a decent experience. Their delivery is little slower than Amazon or Flipkart but during festival seasons, I've not yet had any gift item delivered late.
The returns process needs you to send pic of defective item, print out the return voucher and pack the item back again. The entire return process took about a week from the time I raised a returns request till someone came to pick up the package.
I must mention though that I've ordered ~8-10 items (apart from hotel vouchers) from groupon over the last 2yrs and received a defective piece and had to go through the returns process only once. From Flipkart and Amazon I've yet to go through this process as all deliveries have been fine so far.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:17   #2725
BHPian

My first ever online shopping experience in India

Ordered an IPhone 5S from Amazon. Was with me for 2-3 days. Did not like the battery backup that it provided versus other phones available in market, as I had to use it for offical reasons. Provided the same feedback to Amazon. Amazon just said. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the product. Kindly return the product back in the same package, our delivery guy will come and get the product back from you. Thank you.

Honestly was surprised to hear this response from Amazon. I thought Amazon would say, "you should have made an informed decision before buying the product", " now that you have opened the product we cannot accept it as per our return policy" ...

But nothing like that happened. Smooth delivery, smooth return.

Made sure what ever product I need to buy online, I will use Amazon.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:36   #2726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
My first ever online shopping experience in India

Ordered an IPhone 5S from Amazon. Was with me for 2-3 days. Did not like the battery backup that it provided versus other phones available in market, as I had to use it for offical reasons. Provided the same feedback to Amazon. Amazon just said. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the product. Kindly return the product back in the same package, our delivery guy will come and get the product back from you. Thank you.

Honestly was surprised to hear this response from Amazon. I thought Amazon would say, "you should have made an informed decision before buying the product", " now that you have opened the product we cannot accept it as per our return policy" ...

But nothing like that happened. Smooth delivery, smooth return.

Made sure what ever product I need to buy online, I will use Amazon.
nice to hear that. but I suspect amazon's helpful nature is directly proportional to the price of the product. My friend tried returning a tablet keyboard (the keyboard that you can connect via USB to your tablet) and they were not going to take it back because he used the product. well, he had to use it to know the keys are too small to type :(
Old 21st January 2015, 14:15   #2727
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart has amazing service!
I Ordered a Memory card yesterday Post lunch.

Today I get a message that my product is out for Delivery and I can expect it before 6PM!
Old 21st January 2015, 14:20   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
...Made sure what ever product I need to buy online, I will use Amazon.
Good to hear another positive experience with Amazon. Back in December, we were gifted Amazon Gift Cards worth 20K on the occasion of new year by the company I work for.

So I though of going on a shopping spree . Ordered a whole lotta stuff from multiple sellers that was "Fulfilled by Amazon" with "One Day Delivery". Shoes, Clothing, Electronics, Perfumes, you name it, we ordered a boatload! I had no idea whether all the items would be delivered on time, let alone together. But it was a ridiculously pleasant experience to witness all the items arriving on the same day, albeit in different packages.

And all this at a time when people must have been ordering stuff left, right and center on the occasion of New Year 2015. Delivery was prompt, notification for each and every item was sent on time, felt good to shop from Amazon. My wife was paranoid that the orders were not COD. She kept saying - "What if the courierwala takes the package and runs away, as he doesn't need to collect money while delivering!
Old 21st January 2015, 15:12   #2729
Senior - BHPian

Offer on Flipkart- Micromax 50 inch TV for Rs.34000. You get an exchange discount of Rs.4000, + 10% discount on HDFC bank cards. Total cost can go as low as Rs.28000/- for the 50inch full HD Led tv. Not sure of the performance though!
Old 21st January 2015, 16:19   #2730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered an IPhone 5S from Amazon. Was with me for 2-3 days. Did not like the battery backup that it provided versus other phones available in market
OT: Can you let me know how much was the battery backup? Planning to order a 5s.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks