Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2015, 13:41   #2791
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
But I got the same thing locally for Rs-1,300.
Wow! Where was this?

Could this be used on a 2000 model alto?
Old 15th February 2015, 14:10   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Wow! Where was this?

Could this be used on a 2000 model alto?
JC road, ask for the osram distributer forgot the shop name. Yup it will, the car uses standard H4 bulbs. You wont have to make any modifications or add relays if you use these bulbs.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 15th February 2015 at 14:12.
Old 15th February 2015, 14:44   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
JC road, ask for the osram distributer forgot the shop name.
It is tough to get a straight answer at JC road. Everyone wants our business and pulls us aside.
Old 15th February 2015, 22:19   #2794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
JC road, ask for the osram distributer forgot the shop name. Yup it will, the car uses standard H4 bulbs. You wont have to make any modifications or add relays if you use these bulbs.

Quote:
It is tough to get a straight answer at JC road. Everyone wants our business and pulls us aside.

True... JC road is vast and it is difficult to get to the shop even after knowing its name. Just asking for osram distributor would not help much.

Would be helpful if you can share the shop name and contact details and address
Old 15th February 2015, 22:56   #2795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But I got the same thing locally for Rs-1,300.
Hi, do let us know where. I have been unable to source them for less than 2000 bucks!
Old 16th February 2015, 00:04   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
True... JC road is vast and it is difficult to get to the shop even after knowing its name. Just asking for osram distributor would not help much.

Would be helpful if you can share the shop name and contact details and address
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi, do let us know where. I have been unable to source them for less than 2000 bucks!

I understand that, its like searching for a needle in a haystack

We all know AK traders is our guy for Philips bulbs I got my first set from him 3-4 years back.

AK Traders
No.22/23,1st Flr,
3rd Crs,
Jc Road,
Bangalore - 560002,
Ph: 9844166794

There is one guy who is dedicated for Osaram bulbs. Next time I go there will surely keep a note of this place and update here.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 16th February 2015 at 00:06.
Old 16th February 2015, 10:46   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Amazon.com has some of these brands listed, and ship to India, see here. They take care of customs, so there won't be any hassles.
Thanks Arun... But couldn't find speed skates there. They have 2 listings but those are 'used' ones and not shippeligible for ship to India
Old 16th February 2015, 13:31   #2798
Senior - BHPian

So AliExpress turned out to be extremely good and fast. Ordered a pair of headphone sponges (didn't get them anywhere else), some banana plugs and a retractor for my office badge. They reached within 2 weeks and the banana plugs actually reached in 12 days flat. Even then, the maximum time was taken by India Post. Wow, that was some speedy service.
Old 16th February 2015, 14:02   #2799
BHPian

Majority of the folks in my office floor were on a shopping spree on last friday (13 Feb 15)!
For some reason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was retailing close to INR 9K and Dell Inspiron 15R5537 touch screen (4th Generation Intel Core i5-4200U- 4GB RAM- 750GB HDD- 15.6 Inches) for little over INR 15K in snapdeal. Similarly there were few more Dell touch screen series laptops with 80% discounts; I wonder why the offer is only on touch screen.

People were hunting for more than two pieces each, but then not to my surprise every one had received an email / call over this weekend stating that it was a pricing error and they had to cancel their orders.
Snapdeal is good in doing it over and over again
To be honest even I had a feeling on Friday it was sour grapes when I missed the opportunity

Cheers!
Old 16th February 2015, 16:08   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Majority of the folks in my office floor were on a shopping spree on last friday (13 Feb 15)!
For some reason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was retailing close to INR 9K and Dell Inspiron 15R5537 touch screen (4th Generation Intel Core i5-4200U- 4GB RAM- 750GB HDD- 15.6 Inches) for little over INR 15K in snapdeal. Similarly there were few more Dell touch screen series laptops with 80% discounts; I wonder why the offer is only on touch screen.

People were hunting for more than two pieces each, but then not to my surprise every one had received an email / call over this weekend stating that it was a pricing error and they had to cancel their orders.
Snapdeal is good in doing it over and over again
To be honest even I had a feeling on Friday it was sour grapes when I missed the opportunity

Cheers!
They all get it from here: http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online
Old 17th February 2015, 11:37   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So AliExpress turned out to be extremely good and fast. Ordered a pair of headphone sponges (didn't get them anywhere else), some banana plugs and a retractor for my office badge. They reached within 2 weeks and the banana plugs actually reached in 12 days flat. Even then, the maximum time was taken by India Post. Wow, that was some speedy service.
You got lucky my friend Two months and am waiting for a car badge :P

I find better service when item is shipped with any service other than china post.
Old 17th February 2015, 11:56   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was the shipping free (via china post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

I find better service when item is shipped with any service other than china post.
I concur. It took about 36 days to get my first order delivered, and even after waiting for 24 days, my tracking number is still not updated in the china post website for my second order.

With AliExpress, my mantra is - 'order it, pay it, forget it' - It will get delivered eventually, but you have to be patient.

--Anoop
Old 17th February 2015, 13:35   #2803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

Hehehe, 3 times lucky then. Thats a 3/3. Not bad. Let me try again
Old 17th February 2015, 13:37   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
There is one guy who is dedicated for Osaram bulbs. Next time I go there will surely keep a note of this place and update here.
Is he any closer to this AK Traders? Is he on the JC Road or one of the parallel or perpendicular roads?

If you can give us some land marks around the dealer, we can sort this out.
Old 17th February 2015, 17:13   #2805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Lucky you man! My snail mail is yet to depart Hong Kong:

The Online Shopping Thread-3.png

TBH, I trust Aliexpress more than eBay.in or other e-tailers. Have never lost a consignment so far and all of them have reached me in shipshape. Have ordered around 10 items so far. A select few of those were from the same dealer and he chose a better courier service (DPEX) and the consignments reached me in a week's time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks