Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 18:22   #2806
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Lucky you man! My snail mail is yet to depart Hong Kong:

Attachment 1340962

TBH, I trust Aliexpress more than eBay.in or other e-tailers. Have never lost a consignment so far and all of them have reached me in shipshape. Have ordered around 10 items so far. A select few of those were from the same dealer and he chose a better courier service (DPEX) and the consignments reached me in a week's time.
What about duties guys ? Especially for bigger items that would weigh around a kg or clothes ? Any one tried ?

The prices are very tempting !
Old 17th February 2015, 20:22   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
What about duties guys ? Especially for bigger items that would weigh around a kg or clothes ? Any one tried ?

The prices are very tempting !
I ordered two jackets (separately) - no duties were charged but it depends on your luck also.
Old 17th February 2015, 21:52   #2808
BHPian

Ordered a pair of Puma running shoes over the weekend. Ordered on Sunday evening, received today (Tuesday) afternoon in Vellore. That's quick service by Flipkart!!

http://www.flipkart.com/puma-atom-fa...elected=color#

Product manufactured in July 2014. I got it at ~53% off. How does WS Retail source these products so cheap?? Factory seconds or something??
Old 17th February 2015, 22:03   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Purchasing a SoundCraft Sound Mixer on Bajaao.com

We need to buy a decent sound mixer for our church and have zeroed in on the SoundCraft GB2R 16 Mixer here:
http://www.bajaao.com/collections/mi...-channel-mixer
The quote we we got from a Chennai store was about 65,000 Rs. and Bajaao.com has it for less than 50,000 Rs. which is quite a saving.
We have bought a couple of smaller items from bajaao and have not faced any problems. What is your experience with badge.com for big ticket items? Have any of you purchased electronic or sound equipment from them.
Is there any problems with the stock they have (are they genuine new items or returned or refurbished items)?
We had a chat with them on the phone and they seemed quite positive.
Any feedback will be appreciated - looking to purchase it in the next couple of days.
Old 17th February 2015, 23:25   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is he any closer to this AK Traders? Is he on the JC Road or one of the parallel or perpendicular roads?

If you can give us some land marks around the dealer, we can sort this out.
Its in one of the lanes After AK traders! Just look around there is a fairly large shop. She stocks only bulbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Ordered a pair of Puma running shoes over the weekend.

Product manufactured in July 2014. I got it at ~53% off. How does WS Retail source these products so cheap?? Factory seconds or something??
I got the same things for 1100 last week! and yes it was From Flipkart!
These could be factory seconds, but I cant make out and I don't really care! Its just footwear.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 17th February 2015 at 23:26.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:21   #2811
BHPian

Not a pleasant experience with Amazon.in. Ordered a toy on 9th Feb for my son's birthday on 20th. Delivery was promised by 20th. Quite touch and go but I assured myself that it will arrive before that date. We called up Amazon on Monday 16th to enquire about status, and was told it has reached Noida and will be delivered on time. We were quite surprised to be told that it is being shipped with India Post.

Upon checking my mail this evening I was shocked to be informed that the product was delivered on Monday 16th. Immediately arranged call back with Amazon. The rep told us that the update was erroneously done and the product is yet to be delivered. This is very confusing. Our strategy is to check with the local post office tomorrow. If this item does not get delivered by 20th I will have to arrange for similar toy on 20th itself. If this happens my disappointment with Amazon will be huge.

On the other hand Noida seems to be an unlucky place for online shopping. I have had two orders cancelled by seller and then this incident.
Old 19th February 2015, 00:21   #2812
Senior - BHPian

Here's a nice surprise from Amazon.

They just launched a Car and Motorbike Store on their website.

They have stocked riding gear, helmets, Engine Oils, Spare parts, etc!
Old 19th February 2015, 08:28   #2813
Senior - BHPian

Is there any online website to buy a proper bike helmet for my 4 year old. He uses a cycle helmet when he is on the scooter with me. We do a 700 metre ride to school and I feel a proper helmet is safer than the kids cycling helmet he has.
Old 19th February 2015, 08:34   #2814
Senior - BHPian

Which is the best website to buy good VFM furniture online? I did a quick search and got Pepperfry and fabfurnish, both of these were selling furniture at very high costs.
I am looking for some stylish, yet decently priced furniture.
Old 19th February 2015, 08:48   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Which is the best website to buy good VFM furniture online? I did a quick search and got Pepperfry and fabfurnish, both of these were selling furniture at very high costs.
Check Urban Ladder. They are giving 15% discount if you book using their app.
Old 19th February 2015, 11:13   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have picked up furniture from both these portals and they turned out to be cheaper than the retail stores,albeit depends on what you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Check Urban Ladder. They are giving 15% discount if you book using their app.
His location shows CBE and UL only ships to the following cities as of now.

Quote:
We currently deliver in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi/NCR, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar. We are coming to other cities very soon and will keep you posted!
Old 19th February 2015, 11:34   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I have picked up furniture from both these portals and they turned out to be cheaper than the retail stores,albeit depends on what you are looking for.

His location shows CBE and UL only ships to the following cities as of now.
Should get my location updated ! I am at Chennai now

I am looking to get a TV unit & a coffee table at the moment. I do not like particle board furniture and am looking for wooden furniture only. Maybe I should have visited few furniture stores and compared the prices before I made an open comment that they are expensive!

Thank you for the feedback!
Old 19th February 2015, 12:02   #2818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to get a TV unit & a coffee table at the moment.
I had shortlisted a few Contemporary style TV units on all the three websites but the long delivery periods actually put me off. Pepper Fry customer service informed that any furniture selected will be built based on order as there are no ready prices available and that the manufacturing of all furnitures ordered on their website is in Jaipur taking atleast a month to deliver.

I went ahead and ordered a pre laminated particle board from a local dealer for 5K and was delivered in 2 days. Surprisingly the furniture is sturdy and has a warranty of 2 years.
Old 19th February 2015, 12:17   #2819
Senior - BHPian

Amazon is selling Samsung Galaxy S4 at 18K - Just a heads up for any one interested.

--Anoop
Old 19th February 2015, 12:24   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should get my location updated ! I am at Chennai now

I am looking to get a TV unit & a coffee table at the moment. I do not like particle board furniture and am looking for wooden furniture only. Maybe I should have visited few furniture stores and compared the prices before I made an open comment that they are expensive!

Thank you for the feedback!
Speaking from my experience you can shop from any of these online portals- Pepperfry/Fabfurnish/UL. They do have some lovely coffee tables and TV units made of hardwood and their service has been exemplary. The only compromise is the waiting period.

Also when it comes to particle board, it s a big NO from me. I usually try and stay away from products made of it.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 19th February 2015 at 12:28.

Most Viewed