Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 10:53   #2851
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I routinely order stuff from Amazon UK and US using my Indian credit card with delivery address in UK or US, as the case is. I use the services of shopandship.com to forward those packages to me. The billing address is my Bangalore address, the delivery address is a US or UK address. There has never been a problem yet.

Yes, I used to make the payments from here with my International credit card and get it delivered either at US or in India from Amazon.com since 2003. Amazon verifies the billing and delivery address by its own way.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:04   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Yes, I used to make the payments from here with my International credit card and get it delivered either at US or in India from Amazon.com since 2003. Amazon verifies the billing and delivery address by its own way.

Same here.

I just ordered some ip 6 plus cases from aliexpress last night and while making payments got the jitters. Figured out that AxisBank offers an eshop one time use credit card numbers for any sites that one wants to be careful about. Registered on their site, generated two and used them on two separate transactions without a hitch. I was using icici virtual cc earlier but just decided to cancel the icici one last week.
Old 27th February 2015, 15:32   #2853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I routinely order stuff from Amazon UK and US using my Indian credit card with delivery address in UK or US, as the case is. I use the services of shopandship.com to forward those packages to me. The billing address is my Bangalore address, the delivery address is a US or UK address. There has never been a problem yet.
Yes. There is no restriction in terms of use of credit cards.

I use Paypal (with Indian card registered in it) with ebay.com as well.

However, my recent experience with shopandship.com has not been good.

Item delivered to their New York address on 14 February. There was no progress for first four days. I had to send emails to get things moving.
Then the portal showed status that item has departed their warehouse in New York on 21st. There is no update after that till now.

I have been sending emails to SnS India office ever since and I was told that I will get the shipment by today.
Now, when I called, it seems parcel has probably not reached India yet.

So, I cannot recommend SnS to anyone - anymore.
Will have to look for someone else who provides better service for $11-12 for 0.5 KG items.
Old 27th February 2015, 15:47   #2854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Item delivered to their New York address on 14 February. There was no progress for first four days. I had to send emails to get things moving.
Then the portal showed status that item has departed their warehouse in New York on 21st. There is no update after that till now.
There has been some rough weather on the east coast the past few weeks. This could account for the delay you are seeing. Many flights have been cancelled and am sure there have been delays for most shipments off the east coast. Just a thought..
Old 27th February 2015, 16:58   #2855
Senior - BHPian

Huge sale over on FlipKart today.

70% off on Bosch Wet and Dry Cleaners along with ones from Black and Decker.
Old 27th February 2015, 22:53   #2856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Huge sale over on FlipKart today.

70% off on Bosch Wet and Dry Cleaners along with ones from Black and Decker.
Seems to be marketing gimmick again from Flopkart. I entered two seperate location pincodes of U.P. - It's not deliverable to these location, then entered Gurgaon's pin - price changed to double around 7k, then entered Delhi's - again increased price of 7k, then entered Mumbai - same result. I think they can deliver to a particular location for this discounted price. I am still searching to which place should I relocate to get this fabulous deals?
Old 27th February 2015, 23:07   #2857
BHPian

I tried each and every zip code of Bangalore starting from 560001 to 560100, they don't deliver it anywhere including Flipkart office or Flipkart Warehouse. Seems to be a BIG marketing gimmick.
Old 28th February 2015, 10:31   #2858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
However, my recent experience with shopandship.com has not been good.[snip]So, I cannot recommend SnS to anyone - anymore.
Will have to look for someone else who provides better service for $11-12 for 0.5 KG items.
I also have a membership with www.borderlinx.com (discovered it after seeing a recommendation on Quora); but haven't tried it yet. Maybe you could and post an experience snapshot (!).

My main purchases are DVDs of stuff not available in India from Amazon UK; SnS has never failed me so far.

Edit: Borderlinx apparently can combine multiple purchases into one international shipment; SnS doesn't do that yet.

Last edited by binand : 28th February 2015 at 10:43.
Old 28th February 2015, 14:25   #2859
Senior - BHPian

That's really strange. Let me ask them again, then. Because this will solve a lot of my problems too.
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:18   #2860
Team-BHP Support

Another positive experience from eBay Germany. The portable inflator I had ordered from them earlier last month, finally arrived yesterday. The postman delivered the big box (almost 5 times the actual dimensions of the inflator!) at home. I thought they would ask me to collect it from the post office like the last time when the tail lamps were delivered but that box was really huge and I don’t think the postman who travels in a bicycle would have delivered it. I wonder when these folks would ever get an upgrade!

The dealer’s ID is happyparts_de (link). The item was listed for 34.9 Euros and shipping was 24.9 Euros (which was definitely on the higher side but I did not have anyone coming down from there so ordered it). Bought it using my Paypal account using CC (charged Rs. 4393), the dealer dispatched it in less than 2 hours () and it was delivered yesterday so transit time was 27 days. Not bad for an economy shipping service IMO. I’ve had smaller parcels from the US reach me in less than 15 days through USPS though. Packaging was excellent - the inflator was stretch wrapped and some old cardboard sheets with shredding were used to cushion it inside the cardboard box.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150302_19_38_11_pro.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150302_19_39_36_pro.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150302_19_40_39_pro.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150302_19_41_47_pro.jpg

Here’s the tracking information:

The Online Shopping Thread-12.png

Fortunately, no duties were charged by India Post. The invoice stuck outside the box showed the actual value as well.

Shall post more details about the inflator’s performance on the dedicated thread.
Old 5th March 2015, 08:30   #2861
BHPian

I had ordered some supplements (milk thistle - 3 bottles) from in.evitamins.com on January 15th. Here is what the customer support team have to say now after I reported delayed shipment:

Quote:
"help@evitamins.com
03:33 (4 hours ago)

to me
Greetings VINOD ,

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this
matter for you. We have received the investigation results back from the
shipper and they have informed us that your order was turned over to the
India Customs Department on 1/26/2015 and that is where all information
stops. We apologize for any inconvenience. If your order has still not
arrived to you, at this time we can offer to reship the order to you or
process a refund. If you request a reshipment please provide your shipping
address. Please advise how you would like to proceed. We look forward to
hearing from you.

Regards,
Please advise on how to proceed. I am inclined towards a refund.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 6th March 2015, 02:00   #2862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I had ordered some supplements (milk thistle - 3 bottles) from in.evitamins.com on January 15th. Here is what the customer support team have to say now after I reported delayed shipment:
Please advise on how to proceed. I am inclined towards a refund.
Rgds,
Vinod
Under all circumstances, please get a full refund, and later order the product from elsewhere or shop or through someone.
Old 6th March 2015, 08:52   #2863
BHPian

Is it possible that Flipkart is selling refurb pieces as new? This is the screen of my MotoG that I took in for repair at an authorized Motorola Service center. The person there clearly told me that the signatures on the connector indicate a previous repair.

Is this the act of Flipkart, or Motorola itself?

The Online Shopping Thread-image.jpg
Old 6th March 2015, 08:57   #2864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Is it possible that Flipkart is selling refurb pieces as new? Is this the act of Flipkart, or Motorola itself?
Most likely neither - the seller on Flipkart might be offloading refurbished stock. I'm assuming it wasn't WS Retail.
Old 6th March 2015, 09:03   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Most likely neither - the seller on Flipkart might be offloading refurbished stock. I'm assuming it wasn't WS Retail.
The seller was WS Retail, and I don't think any other seller is allowed (or has stock) to sell Moto G in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks