Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 09:57   #2866
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The seller was WS Retail, and I don't think any other seller is allowed (or has stock) to sell Moto G in India.
I had asked the same question few months back. Lots of phones ( Moto G and Moto E) had issues either with the hardware or the software including a compatibility issue with the older USB cables and older PC softwares. The result was that the phone used to switch off and not restart. And Flipkart replaced all such sets, no questions asked. My query too was that what happens to all such phones? There is no such easy replacements when you buy a phone from a physical store. My guess is that Motorola is allowing them to resell it as new as repackaging the whole phone with all the official seals and plastics is not possible for flipkart alone.
Old 6th March 2015, 10:03   #2867
BHPian

Guys,
"WS Retail" retailer are a branch of Flipkart itself. Please google for "WS Retail".
I once ordered Belkin multi plug connector and all i got was a refurbished product. When i clearly see the inside of plug connectors i could see marks of a used one. I declined and asked for replacement. The replacement was also a refurbished product. From then onwards, even though i got a higher price from competitors in Flipkart, i go with them instead of "WS Retail".
Old 6th March 2015, 10:26   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I had asked the same question few months back. Lots of phones ( Moto G and Moto E) had issues either with the hardware or the software including a compatibility issue with the older USB cables and older PC softwares. The result was that the phone used to switch off and not restart. And Flipkart replaced all such sets, no questions asked. My query too was that what happens to all such phones? There is no such easy replacements when you buy a phone from a physical store. My guess is that Motorola is allowing them to resell it as new as repackaging the whole phone with all the official seals and plastics is not possible for flipkart alone.
Phones that are returned to be replaced are resold after refurbishing, I have heard that even apple does that. Apple of course has a specific channel to handle this and customers are informed that the discounted merchandise is refurbished. I'll got out on a limb and say that Motorola isn't in the same position as Apple to be able to afford discounting refurbished products. Flipkart passing off refurbished pieces as new is probably allowed by Motorola with a wink and a nod, what with vc money running out and all. I have a moto g and the android lollipop update has been a disaster, they made a perfectly usable phone unreliable and laggy.
Old 6th March 2015, 11:03   #2869
BHPian

I'm guessing Flipkart is offloading all these refurb products whenever they announce a discount - this is how I purchased my Moto G on a 10% cashback offer.

Suddenly I'm questioning Rs.60K-80K worth of purchases from Flipkart over the last 3-4 years.

Sad state of affairs in India. When the online market flourished I had high hopes of India changing into a customer's market like the USA. Instead, we continue to be duped and squeezed.
Old 6th March 2015, 16:27   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Guys,
"WS Retail" retailer are a branch of Flipkart itself. Please google for "WS Retail".
Of course not. WS Retail is an independent company; Flipkart sold it off about 2 years back.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/18437034.cms

Flipkart cannot have anything more than arms-length transactions with WS Retail; if they do they'll be in all sorts of trouble with regulators in India.
Old 6th March 2015, 17:04   #2871
Team-BHP Support

Of course they'll resell returned phones after repackaging them. It's just naive to believe a retailer just scraps returned (for whatever reasons) devices and writes off the cost.

Ever wondered why only online retailers provide 'no questions asked' returns while most manufacturers and brick & mortar retailers don't? What's the catch? I don't believe any costs saved from not having a B&M presence can cover the price of all returned items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
In the US they charge a restocking fee to the returner and this fee is deducted from the selling price and sold as a discount for the open box item. This is in the case of returning without a valid reason. Defective items returned are always sold as refurb. This maturity will come in soon to India as well I suppose. For the moment we may be bakras...
Exactly. Consumer protection and transactional transparency in India needs to catch up, especially with the booming e-retail sector where we're mostly riding on faith right now (except a few established players). I haven't seen too many retailers selling 'refurbished' products in India, it's still a bit of a taboo in our yet-to-mature market.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th March 2015 at 17:29.
Old 6th March 2015, 17:20   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Of course they'll resell returned phones after repackaging them. It's just naive to believe a retailer just scraps returned (for whatever reasons) devices and writes off the cost.

In the US they charge a restocking fee to the returner and this fee is deducted from the selling price and sold as a discount for the open box item. This is in the case of returning without a valid reason. Defective items returned are always sold as refurb. This maturity will come in soon to India as well I suppose. For the moment we may be bakras...
Old 6th March 2015, 19:38   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Ordered 4 MRF ZLO tyres from Snapdeal on 27th Feb evening.

I got a good deal with a discount coupon and 10% bank cashback (will get that later).

Tyres were shipped on 28th from Raipur on 28th by Blue Dart surface.

Got them on 4th evening. Manufacturing dates were 38-14, 41-14, 07-15 & 07-15.

Got them installed yesterday.

Invoice is of an exclusive MRF Sale & Service Franchise.

Overall, I am happy with the deal.
Old 6th March 2015, 20:30   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post

The maturity will come only when the consumers also mature. Have you seen Indians in the US abuse the no questions asked return policy?

I have seen
A colleague returned used socks before he was coming back to India.
Return used shoes only to purchase back the same item the next day cause the price reduced.
One guy bought a new TV while his parents were there and returned it when they went back a couple of months later (fully utilizing the 3 month return period)
The list goes on...
Old 6th March 2015, 20:38   #2875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The maturity will come only when the consumers also mature. Have you seen Indians in the US abuse the no questions asked return policy?

Well I've seen Americans do the same too. I've seen my share of such embarrassments btw. No arguments, it is bad.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:24   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
No you cannot. Amazon does not allow this. I had sent them a mail asking the exact same question and they said no. You cannot pay from one country and get the delivery in some other country.

Well I have used my Indian Credit card to buy a pair of Bose headsets, which were discontinued in India. I got them delivered to an USA address. No problems whatsoever.
Old 9th March 2015, 11:55   #2877
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Looks like Hong Kong Post is a notch faster than China Post.
Can attest to this fact once again.

Ordered some terminal pins from another vendor (www.bold-sport.com) on 24th Feb, it was shipped on 26th Feb and delivered on 5th March. Less than 10 days in transit!

BTW, that's a good website for VAG related components.
Old 9th March 2015, 13:36   #2878
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any members who are sellers/vendors on these websites ? It would be interesting to hear from the other side.
No need to mention your products/brand just the experience of dealing with them and the customers. Hope this wont be against the forum guidelines.
Old 9th March 2015, 13:41   #2879
BHPian

Had any one purchased anything from vefro.com?

Saw a Nike Airmax LINK worth INR 15995 for 3999?
75% discount on Airmax is something unbelievable, will these be fakes since it is mentioned under the terms warranty is not applicable on products more that 20% discount.

Looking forward to hear from who someone who is having first hand experience.

Cheers!
Old 9th March 2015, 14:27   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Had any one purchased anything from vefro.com?

There is a guy in chennai who sells fakes of airmaxs from his house. The pricing is around the same as what you mentioned. A friend of mine who is a runner purchases them every 9-10 months. He says they are pretty okay and comfort is pretty good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks