Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2015, 10:42   #2971
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Was looking to buy a Tesa automotive wire harnessing tape and found a vendor in Aliexpress, selling one of the type I was looking for (51028)...........snip...........
He shipped the tape in the evening, updated the system with the tracking number (HK Post)........
I wonder how do all you guys get HongKong post as the courier ?
How much $ or INR worth of products you order ?

My max value product was some 1400 INR and the lowest was $0.59.
No wonder they send via China crappy Post and the items either gets lost once or twice each time, or I receive after 3 months !!
Old 27th March 2015, 10:59   #2972
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I wonder how do all you guys get HongKong post as the courier ?
Some vendors do have the option of shipping via HK post. Check the drop-down menu under shipment options. They charge a 1-2$ premium over the free China Post shipping option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
How much $ or INR worth of products you order ?
Usually 7-20 USD. Like electrical crimps, connectors, small OEM parts like sensors, wire harness etc. The most expensive order was the OEM armrest at some 85 USD. India Post did not spare me for that! Ended up paying some 3000 Rs. as customs duties.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:03   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried Amazon KiranaNow? Seems to be a just-in-time grocery delivery service in select pincodes in BLR. I'm excited!
Old 27th March 2015, 11:14   #2974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Has anyone tried Amazon KiranaNow? Seems to be a just-in-time grocery delivery service in select pincodes in BLR. I'm excited!
Seeing your post, I Google'd it. Didn't throw up any result. Upon digging on the Amazon website, found that it is only available on Mobile Browsers !! Da Heck !

I would prefer BigBasket till this one matures to All browsers (and not just mobile).

The Online Shopping Thread-1.jpg
Old 28th March 2015, 09:41   #2975
Senior - BHPian

I just love HDFC Bank.

I spent a fortune amount of Rs.42.65 on AliExpress to buy some silly item. Used my Credit Card, and in a minute got a call from HDFC Bank to confirm if I had made a purchase !!

They must be wondering why does this card owner keep spending such silly amounts on AliExpress !!
Old 28th March 2015, 11:26   #2976
BHPian

Any coupons for Snapdeal up for graps? Planning to buy the Android One phone from Karbonn
Old 28th March 2015, 13:05   #2977
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered a few items recently through Amazon. They are sending the item through GATI courier and there is no GATI branch in my town. Is there a way to intimate Amazon to ship through Bluedart or Fedex? I've had a chat with the CC and they have blank answers regarding changing courier service.
Old 28th March 2015, 14:18   #2978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I have ordered a few items recently through Amazon. They are sending the item through GATI courier and there is no GATI branch in my town. Is there a way to intimate Amazon to ship through Bluedart or Fedex? I've had a chat with the CC and they have blank answers regarding changing courier service.
Gati might have service in your city. They will not accept courier if the pin code is not in their serviceable range. Merchants will also have pin code list.
Old 29th March 2015, 00:19   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Gati might have service in your city. They will not accept courier if the pin code is not in their serviceable range. Merchants will also have pin code list.
It is like you are staying in Mylapore and the courier guy calls you to tell that courier is received at Kanchipuram for Mylapore. that can be relative to what we experience here at Muvattupuzha, Kothamangalam areas.

Nearest GATI courier is at Perumbavoor. The Franchisee has already called me to inform he services only 5-10kms of Perumbavoor town. Muvattupuzha, where I stay is 20-22kms away and have enough courier services including Bluedart, FedEx etc. Amazon can change the courier service, but there is no way to get a resolution even though they claim their services are super perfect. FlipKart delivers fine here. So, does Jabong or other eCommerce sites.
Old 29th March 2015, 10:52   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nearest GATI courier is at Perumbavoor. The Franchisee has already called me to inform he services only 5-10kms of Perumbavoor town.
Have you tried speaking to Amazon about this? In my experience they are quite responsive. You could tell them about the call you received from the courier and that your PIN code, despite the claims by the courier, is not serviced by them.

I expect GATI told Amazon "we service all of 686xxx" and now want to renege on that.
Old 29th March 2015, 11:50   #2981
Distinguished - BHPian

GearBest

3 Mar: Ordered an SJCAM M10 camera for ~$77
10 Mar: Sent them a message asking for dispatch details since it had been a week since I had paid. Got a response that item was out of stock and I could choose anything else from store. Declined and asked for a full refund.
12 Mar: Got the refund message
14 Mar: Amount credited back to credit card account.

Though the item was out of stock, they still showed it as available. That said, I would rate their CS better than Aliexpress and was lighting quick if you compare them with either AE or DX.

Banggood

After getting good recommendation from fellow members, ordered the M10 from here.

Mar 18: Order placed
Mar 20: Got shipping info
Mar 24: Tracking number became active and could see the package left SG
Mar 27: Delivered

I was surprised with the delivery time, expecting something similar to Aliexpress (30 days min). Packaging could have been better but thankfully, it all arrived to me in one piece, so no complaints.
Old 29th March 2015, 12:11   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Have you tried speaking to Amazon about this? In my experience they are quite responsive. You could tell them about the call you received from the courier and that your PIN code, despite the claims by the courier, is not serviced by them.

I expect GATI told Amazon "we service all of 686xxx" and now want to renege on that.
Despite repeated calls and chat sessions, they fails to update the courier service to BlueDart for Muvattupuzha etc. CC openly said he cannot do much except intimating transporation department. Like a sarkari office, Amazon India's Courier services are not updated even after lot of feedbacks.
Yes, as you said GATI might have claimed they can service all of Muvattupuzha-Kothamangalam areas but, the franchisee wants us to travel 20-25kms to Perumbavur to collect the courier which is not going to happen. GATI franchisee at Perumbavur franchisee (Mukkananchery Agencies) said he will not stop receiving couriers meant for Muvattupuzha and will want the customers come to his office to collect the same. Great!

Last edited by deepclutch : 29th March 2015 at 12:13.
Old 29th March 2015, 12:49   #2983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Despite repeated calls and chat sessions, they fails to update the courier service to BlueDart for Muvattupuzha etc.
When it comes to Amazon, there is an escalation of last resort. I personally haven't had to use it ever, but apparently it works. Details are here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...-by-brad-stone
Old 31st March 2015, 10:12   #2984
BHPian

Xiaomi has launched a refurb website for India and it includes sale of refurbished Redmi 1S phones (again a flash sale requiring registration) for Rs.4599.

This is the website http://www.overcart.com/mi-redmi and they also sell other refurb electronics.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:05   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Despite repeated calls and chat sessions, they fails to update the courier service to BlueDart for Muvattupuzha etc. CC openly said he cannot do much except intimating transporation department. Like a sarkari office, Amazon India's Courier services are not updated even after lot of feedbacks.
Yes, as you said GATI might have claimed they can service all of Muvattupuzha-Kothamangalam areas but, the franchisee wants us to travel 20-25kms to Perumbavur to collect the courier which is not going to happen. GATI franchisee at Perumbavur franchisee (Mukkananchery Agencies) said he will not stop receiving couriers meant for Muvattupuzha and will want the customers come to his office to collect the same. Great!
This, I suppose, is not an "amazon fulfilled" item. Amazon fulfilled items are shipped by something called "Amazon Transportation Services", if I am not wrong. If it is vendor fulfilled, I think this is pretty much what Amazon can do.

Most Viewed