Team-BHP - The Online Shopping Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Online Shopping Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/22122-online-shopping-thread-2.html)

have been purchasing stuff online for quite some time now, my mom even brought couple of sarees online!

is it safe to start buying what if the product doesn't reach i was thinking to start buying from ebay.

My Experience with ebay have not been good, Although the Item was delivered, The quality was not as good as I thought.

Indiatimes was okay but they don't give a Bill sometimes.

Well I've been buying stuff off Amazon & Ebay for a long while now & have never had problems apart from unpredictable delivery! But I have absolutely no experience with Ebay India.

guys. Its good to know your opinions. But here is the big difference. I am not talking about books and sarees and sweets and tickets. I am talking about expensive gadgets. things like xbox360, laptops, mobile phones and stuff.

and also what about if the product never arrives and the seller is a scam would they refund the amount and what about cars and parts from ebay.com is it reliable has any one bought and also the car parts bought would they have some customs tax on them and do they have some time limit of the product and does the amount get deducted after the item has reached.

i buy all electronic items, computer add ons etc all online (after checking out the real item in a store). never had any problems, just waiting for the shipping is a bit of a drag.

I have bought laptops, digi-cam, memory sticks, Cellphone accessories from various stores online. But yet to buy from an indian merchant. Somehow I find indian online stores costlier than buying from local showroom/shops

i ordered a pair of inline skates form rediff for 1500/- . it had a good picture and said aluminium body. the moment it arrived i knew it was one of those 700 Rs skates which break the moment you try to tighten them on ur legs. Nowhere any sign of aluminium.

complained to rediff and they refunded the money. They promised to refund the cost of shipping the merchandise back to them as well, but never did, and i never followed up.

Just for kicks I bought a can of Nulon for my bike to see if online shopping works fine for me or not. NULON INDIA LTD. . I have saved a screenshot of the payment I made at their payment gateway which includes a confirmation number for tracking purposes. The amount I spent was Rs. 90/- and its not a big gamble if things go wrong. I used their DirectPay option and paid online using my online bank account.

And I am not sure whether I will use the additive or not :p

In India - not yet. IMO, Service levels in India are yet to mature. I have done a lot of shopping and transactions on the web when in US.

Quote:

No. I have bought a lot of stuff from ebay, including a camera for some 15 or 20k. But last two transactions, I got fooled and ebay was no use at all in solving the dispute. So, I decided not to transact any more unless there is a COD facility.
Was this from ebay India? Did you check seller history?

I have restricted myself to booking tickets and paying bills. I always find the stuff is over priced. You can get the same stuff at lower prices sometimes ( 5-10%)

Have purchased lots of books, music cds and dvds from amazon and other foreign stores. I always book tickets from the travel sites. Till date, I have no complaints. But high value items? I would rather pick them up from a "physical" store. In India, I'm not too sure about the warranty supplied by the online stores and I would stick to shops I can "see".
@ devarshi - I was getting what I thought was a great deal on the 360 from ebay. But, could'nt muster the courage so to speak.
(Bought it from a city store at a much lesser price:p)

@shuvd, how much was the 360 on ebay? And, how much did you buy it for locally? Was it the hard drive one or without wala?