Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2015, 12:59   #3271
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Why do you call Ecom express a Thug company in this case? It is a standard procedure, collect money for COD then only allow to open the package. Whether it was genuine or not was original company's fault, not the delivery boy's fault.
Old 28th May 2015, 13:33   #3272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Yup cashback only to Paytm wallet.
But can be transferred to bank account by paying a 4% charge!
Even then, it's a solid deal!

Heck, we could use that PayTM cash to pay the postpaid bills etc.
Old 28th May 2015, 13:33   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Why do you call Ecom express a Thug company in this case? It is a standard procedure, collect money for COD then only allow to open the package. Whether it was genuine or not was original company's fault, not the delivery boy's fault.
Their delivery standards are way low. No proper customer care, no proper tracking, rude delivery guys.
I have run into them 4 times and each time was a nasty experience, where I had to panic because it was a pre-paid order. Worse is their customer service where no one has a clue of how to track my package.

I said thug as in very generic. Not necessarily because he asked me the COD money

But this also makes me think, why can't I open the package before making payment ? The contents could have been damaged during transit.
Or do I always have to accept the package in whatever condition it arrives, and then report any damage or defect to the seller ?
Asking, because I have never faced such a situation (damaged / defective / duplicate, etc).
Old 28th May 2015, 13:46   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Paytm - Power Bank - Xiaomi 10400 mah - Rs 349/- (SBI Rs 300 cash back)

Fake one ,hence raised complaint to return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Even then, it's a solid deal!

Heck, we could use that PayTM cash to pay the postpaid bills etc.

Paying postpaid bills is just the tip of ice berg.

I personally use it for paying my utility bills (all of them - gas , electricity and landline), book bus tickets and even to shop from Ebay

And one thing I personally liked is that their complaint and cashback policy is the fastest I've encountered.

Raised the product is fake complaint on 24th
Got a call back on 25th
Reverse Picked it on 27th 3:30pm
Got cashback in my Paytm wallet on 27th 9:00pm (Sameday )

Even on bus ticket cancellations, cashback is instant to the Paytm wallet.

Last edited by johannskaria : 28th May 2015 at 13:47.
Old 28th May 2015, 14:10   #3275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
But this also makes me think, why can't I open the package before making payment ? The contents could have been damaged during transit.
Or do I always have to accept the package in whatever condition it arrives, and then report any damage or defect to the seller ?
Asking, because I have never faced such a situation (damaged / defective / duplicate, etc).
There is generally a sticker on parcel 'Don't accept if this is broken' or something. Generally if it is in good condition, then you should accept it. If it is damaged/defective etc, then it's matter between you and selling company, the shipping company has done its job of delivering the parcel in good condition.
Old 28th May 2015, 22:53   #3276
BHPian

So here I go to the usual grocery to buy milk and come across a big board/banner about an app called 'Ninja Cart' saying order online and enjoy a 20% discount. So I happily return home and download the app and it offers me a free first order of 200 INR
They had COD option also which I always felt to be the most reliable mode of payment for unrecognised websites/apps. I am not sure this app works outside Bangalore (Google Play store says only selected locations in Bangalore).
Anyone else who has tried this?
Old 28th May 2015, 23:01   #3277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yeah Flipkart's exchange prices for the used phones are ridiculous! 2k for a Lumia 920 - no thanks. I was eyeing the Moto G if I could get a decent resale value for the 920 but I am sticking to it for a while. Best to sell them elsewhere.
What do they do with the old phones they buy back? They have a separate site for selling them?
Old 29th May 2015, 00:32   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What do they do with the old phones they buy back? They have a separate site for selling them?
They go to the 3rd party vendors who use the parts in the phone for repair customers.
Old 29th May 2015, 02:37   #3279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Overcart?

Somebody has to have opened all those "open boxes," and returned, for some reason, all those refurbished items.
Old 29th May 2015, 09:41   #3280
Senior - BHPian

Got a very good deal (I hope) from lenskart for prescription eyeglasses with photochromatic lenses for my 15 year old son.

Ever since he started wearing prescription glasses in 2012, he was missing sun glasses badly. Prescription sun glasses are very expensive, and I was reluctant to buy them for him, since the power may keep changing as they grow up quickly. I understand as the skull grows, so do the eyes, which may result in change of power every year.

In Titan Eye+ where we go, such glasses start from Rs 5k - for the lens alone. Photochromatic lenses are also pretty expensive.

I got an sms from lenskart yesterday that I have got a credit of Rs 1000 which I am free to spend as I please on their site. I was surprised, because I was not their customer. So just entered their site and registered for fun. Started looking up the products, and came across an offer - the first frame is free, I pay only for the lenses! Intrigued, I proceeded to check out the lenses, and came across the photochromatic lenses for ~ Rs 2k. So selected a frame, selected the lenses, entered my son's prescription details. Sure enough, it discounted the frame price and showed only that of the lens. Then I entered the coupon code, and voila - another Rs 1k discount! If I paid through card, another Rs 50.00 prepaid discount (as against COD). Total payable Rs 1039.50.

Photochromatic prescription glasses for Rs 1000.00? Man, this was too good to resist, and I paid up! I hope we are not disappointed!

I don't know why they sent me the coupon code in the first place when I was not a customer. But I am a regular customer at Flipkart. I even became a member by paying Rs 500.00 (sucker!) to get in to their special deals on priority. Perhaps Lenskart is owned by Flipkart?
Old 29th May 2015, 10:03   #3281
Senior - BHPian

The deal of the day on flipkart and amazon apps is quite good. Yesterday I ordered a platronics Bluetooth hands free for just 399 from flipkart !! The competition between the online shopping portals means only a victory for the consumer.
Awaiting the delivery now. So far of all my purchases online, I had to return only once, but even then they were prompt to return the amount back. I'm attracted to these because of their nice discounts and good customer service.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:21   #3282
BHPian

Quote:
lenskart for prescription eyeglasses with photochromatic lenses for my 15 year old son.

I've been using Lenskart for a couple of years now. They've been a boon for some of us. Four in my household of 5 wear glasses. My daughter 14 years, has extremely high correction both spherical and cylindrical. The prices quoted for lenses alone for her in stores like GKB etc start from 12k and good one is 18k. I got her Kodak lenses free from Lenskart with an Oakley frame worth 5k. her power keeps changing every 6 months to a year. There is no way I can throw away 18k every 6 months, so Lenskart had been terrific for me! I also got her contacts for her stage dance show, again at a very competitive price of about 1800 for 6 monthly disposable pairs. One box of theirs of contacts was defective as we were finding it very hard to place it in her eye. Being first time users, we were t even sure if we were handling it wrong or the item was defective. We used up two lenses for her right eye in our attempts. When I spoke to the support, they promptly told me I don't have to struggle and picked up the remaining 4 lenses and gave me a full refund which I used to order another set for her right eye. These guys are great! Am sure no store would have extended this benefit to me or this customer belief that the item is defective.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:37   #3283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I've been using Lenskart for a couple of years now.
That is great to know, thanks. Is it possible to keep the frame and change the lens alone from them next year, like we do in bric-n-mortar optical stores?
Old 29th May 2015, 11:06   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to keep the frame and change the lens alone

Yes absolutely, have done it for my wife and mom. Because my mom had near vision they sent the optometrist home free of charge to check her power and same time pick up the frame. Under frame warranty they also refunded me the whole amount when my daughters frame one side the arm broke after 5 months of use.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:33   #3285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is great to know, thanks. Is it possible to keep the frame and change the lens alone from them next year, like we do in bric-n-mortar optical stores?
Yes, it's possible. In fact, they do have brick and mortar stores as well. At least in Delhi, they do.

I shop regularly from Lenskart (Prescription glasses, Powered Sunglasses, Contact Lenses) and they do have good deals.

Make hay while the VC money burns

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks