Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:05   #3346
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Since we are discussing lenses and lesnkart, can someone decode this prescription.

This prescription has near and far value.

I need to order glasses from lenskart.com just with "near" lenses.
Seems to be almost negligible power. The near lenses are not even critical in the sense that you can get by with a +1 power instead of a +1.25 and in many countries they sell 'reading' glasses at grocery stores. You just try different ones and whichever one you're comfortable with (test by reading what you normally read at 'your' comfortable distance), you buy. Cannot decipher the axis in the 'near' prescription.

In your case you can just get some approximate power for the right eye and ignore everything else. And even this seems like it is just +0.5 D absolute. No need for "far" power at all. But then, this is my opinion and "I Am Not A Doctor".

Remember GIYF.
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:09   #3347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since we are discussing lenses and lesnkart, can someone decode this prescription.

I think you should return to the doctor and demand a legible prescription. It is your right. You don't want to take the advice of a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

And next time, go to a place where they give printed prescriptions.
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:22   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
can someone decode this prescription.

It is legible to me. You can upload the prescription to Lenskart and they will decode it. I can decode it for you but think you may feel better if done by an expert. You can decode it yourself with a simple google too.
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:21   #3349
Senior - BHPian

I kind of agree with the argument that you can get cheaper deals in brick and mortar shops provided you have time and patience to hunt for the right places. I got a adidas school shoes for my daughter and got it at a showroom at a rate no online shop could match.
Paytm is mixed bag.You can get some real good cash backs on this site. As high as 50% on the price offered which is almost in line with prices in other online sites. I have no idea how they are doing this.
The down side.
Snail like shipping. Every step is slow. It is frustrating when it takes 5 days even to initiate the shipping. The delivery experience by ecom is even more horrible.
Slow response to mails and not easy to reach on phone.
Credits to paytm wallet is confusing. After few purchases you never know how much you paid and how much you got credit.
Old 5th June 2015, 16:44   #3350
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Amazon fulfilled order, gets canceled by Amazon

I had placed an order on Amazon on 2nd June for Godrej Safe locker. It was offered under deals of the day at 30% discount. Paid the full by credit card.

Amazon mail says it will be shipped on 3rd June and will be delivered by 5th June.

Till 4th June, order is not shipped. Then i have sent a mail to seller through the link provided in Amazon site.

Seller replies stating " It is Amazon fulfilled order, and Amazon will ship it with 48 hours"

5th June, order not shipped. I get in touch with Amazon customer care at evening 8 PM. I was assured it will shipped on 6th June. I get a mail, confirming the same

6th June: Amazon cancels the order stating seller canceled it and states refund initiated.

Contacted Amazon customer care: Same reply seller canceled, we are sorry.

I had asked Amazon, what is meaning of Amazon fulfilled, if they can not fulfill it?
Why lure/dupe customers with deals , when it is going to be canceled/ not fulfilled after few days.

Amazon reply is we are sorry, Amazon is not responsible as seller canceled the order, will take up the issue at highest levels etc etc
You can wait and place the order as and when the item is on sale again etc etc

I had asked them to put disclaimer in bold letter stating that Amazon fulfilled orders can be canceled and Amazon do not have any liability in this regard except being "Sorry"

Last edited by rkg : 5th June 2015 at 16:48.
Old 5th June 2015, 17:00   #3351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amazon fulfilled order, gets canceled by Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I had placed an order on Amazon on 2nd June for Godrej Safe locker. It was offered under deals of the day at 30% discount.

Amazon cancels the order stating seller canceled it and states refund initiated.
I've seen this once before with a friend - in her case, Amazon basically messed up the calculation of the deal of the day discount percentage. So instead of putting the discount on an MRP of 1000, they put the discount on the sale price of 500, resulting in a tremendous mark-down (these numbers are examples, but the mark-down meant the price was ~20% of the MRP). My friend placed an order, but it was subsequently cancelled, with similar wording.

I suspect the same might have happened in your case - when the screw up the pricing, they cancel any orders that benefit from it.
Old 5th June 2015, 17:24   #3352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had asked them to put disclaimer in bold letter stating that Amazon fulfilled orders can be canceled and Amazon do not have any liability in this regard except being "Sorry"
Not clear to me; what do you want them to do? From what I understand they refunded the entire amount you paid for, didn't they?

Any order can be cancelled by the seller for a variety of reasons. Not sure why that is an issue - unless they are not refunding the money paid in full.
Old 5th June 2015, 17:39   #3353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not clear to me; what do you want them to do? From what I understand they refunded the entire amount you paid for, didn't they?

Any order can be cancelled by the seller for a variety of reasons. Not sure why that is an issue - unless they are not refunding the money paid in full.
Even if it is a Amazon fulfilled offer? I was of the understanding that these Amazon Fulfilled offers are under control of Amazon and if it gets cancelled, it will be by Amazon, and not by the seller. May be I am wrong.

--Anoop
Old 5th June 2015, 17:41   #3354
BHPian

Quote:
I had placed an order on Amazon on 2nd June for Godrej Safe locker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not clear to me; what do you want them to do?

Rkg is correct in the fact that if it is an Amazon fulfilled order it ships from Amazon warehouses and is not shipped by the seller. Amazon cannot claim the seller cancelled the item. They have definitely duped the customer into paying for something that is a good deal and then having the order cancelled without a justifiable reason. It is fly fishing trying to rope in a customer without intention to fulfill a commitment.
Rkg I've seen this too and now most of my orders are only COD unless the amount is too large and is a bother to handle at time of delivery.
Old 5th June 2015, 18:22   #3355
Senior - BHPian

Anybody bought a Drone/quadcopter online ? I am planning to pick up this as my initial drone purchase. Any experiences ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...933020353.html

Last edited by vasoo : 5th June 2015 at 18:28.
Old 5th June 2015, 18:50   #3356
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a friend from America who was working here in a call centre handling Amazon.com calls from USA. She has moved on now, so I can't ask her. I wonder if they handle .in calls as well as .com: I wonder if .in customers get the same answers as .com customers? Does any body know?

With a company like Amazon, I would expect the level of service to be the same internationally --- but suspect that I am expecting too much.
Old 5th June 2015, 18:52   #3357
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Rkg I've seen this too and now most of my orders are only COD unless the amount is too large and is a bother to handle at time of delivery.
Paid by credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand
As far as my understanding goes Amazon fulfilled implies certain amount of surity, that the order will be executed. Not otherwise. It is like Amazon promising and later not delivering. Amazon may be refunding the money. But the moot question here is What Amazon meant by Fulfilled. Amazon has no responsibility for the listing? They why not state it clearly

"Amazon does not take any responsibility towards the delivery of the item and it may be cancelled at a later stage by seller and Amazon's liability ends with refunding the amount"

Let them put such a declaration and see how much bussiness they can do.

Will Amazon do the same is USA??

I did not ask Amazon for discount. It is Amazon that offered. It is pure business transaction where sellller quoted a rate, buyer has paid the same. Then the seller can not say i can not. That amounts to cheating.

I donot want any thing from Amazon. Good riddence. But it is to let general public know what these e commerce companies are upto. Do not believe in deals of the day stuff or any incredible stuff these sites offer. They will back off citing some slily reason.

Another thing televisions sold in Amazon are not entitled to free installation. It was informed by their customer care guy yesterday to me.

But Amazon does state the same under television listing. Gullible customers are lured with low pricing only to be fleeced by manufacturer during installation. Example : LG charges Rs 4500/- for installation.

By the way this is the reply i got from seller two days back

Dear ravi kiran,

Thank you for contacting us.
we would like to inform you that the same order is fulfilled by amazon. products are shipped by amazon.
your product must be shipped within 48 Hrs.

Thank you for Raising Your Query.

Regards
India sales corp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip
I've seen this once before with a friend - in her case, Amazon basically messed up the calculation of the deal of the day discount percentage. So instead of putting the discount on an MRP of 1000, they put the discount on the sale price of 500, resulting in a tremendous mark-down (these numbers are examples, but the mark-down meant the price was ~20% of the MRP). My friend placed an order, but it was subsequently cancelled, with similar wording.
I suspect the same might have happened in your case - when the screw up the pricing, they cancel any orders that benefit from it.
There is no such miscalcultion here. It is plain and simple.

Last edited by rkg : 5th June 2015 at 19:09.
Old 5th June 2015, 19:04   #3358
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart caught: Flipkart Shows Higher Discount By Inflating The MRP, Faces Huge Social Media Outrage
The Online Shopping Thread-flop750x500.jpg
Old 5th June 2015, 19:06   #3359
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I too have noticed many times Flipkart doing this. It generally inflates the price and gives discounts
Old 5th June 2015, 19:18   #3360
BHPian

I see that this is being sold by a third party seller. Flipkart can't guarantee the correctness of prices in these cases, I guess.

Quote:
There is no such miscalcultion here. It is plain and simple.
The seller seems to have not liked the deal provided and might have cancelled it. Or the inventory might have been found to be defective. Or 404.

I don't think that there is a willful attempt to defraud. They are well aware of the risks. They don't gain anything by luring customers with low prices and then not fulfilling.

In this case, unfortunately, you missed a good deal. It happens. No use fretting. Move on.

Last edited by civic-sense : 5th June 2015 at 19:22.

Most Viewed