Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 21:09   #3361
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
As far as my understanding goes Amazon fulfilled implies certain amount of surity, that the order will be executed.
Not sure where you got your information from, it is nothing of that sort. All it means is, in Amazon's own words:

"Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that products are stored, packed and dispatched by Amazon"

Quote:
"Amazon does not take any responsibility towards the delivery of the item and it may be cancelled at a later stage by seller and Amazon's liability ends with refunding the amount"

Let them put such a declaration and see how much bussiness they can do.
They already do:

"Your order is an offer to us to buy the product(s) in your order [...] The Order Confirmation E-mail is acknowledgement that we have received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer [...] We only accept your offer, and conclude the contract of sale for a product ordered by you, when the product is dispatched"

(Which essentially means that they can cancel any order anytime from your placing it and the seller's dispatching it without any repercussions)
Old 5th June 2015, 23:03   #3362
BHPian

Quote:
That amounts to cheating.

I donot want any thing from Amazon. Good riddence. But it is to let general public know what these e commerce companies are upto. Do not believe in deals of the day stuff or any incredible stuff these sites offer. They will back off citing some slily reason.
Hey, you ordered something and unfortunately for you there was a mess up as civic sense says.. Your money was refunded. This is not cheating, it would have been when they said, it had been shipped and in transit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
In this case, unfortunately, you missed a good deal. It happens. No use fretting. Move on.
In the same vein would we be be happy to pay more money when the price of anything increases after we have ordered, pretty sure we won't.

Just a one off bad incident, can happen to anyone. No point holding on to it. I have had my share of screw ups by Amazon, but never did they cheat me.

And all of the deal of the day items have been delivered, all the time. I trust Amazon so much that I happily pay extra on its website rather than order from anywhere else.
Old 6th June 2015, 11:37   #3363
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not sure where you got your information from, it is nothing of that sort. All it means is, in Amazon's own words:

"Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that products are stored, packed and dispatched by Amazon"
Then how Amazon is blaming the seller in this case? and on what basis?
Amazon fulfilled means "it is with amazon store and will be dispatched from there by Amazon"
In this case where seller is involved?
This is not cheating? Blaming some one else for your fault?
Why not Amazon say it is canceled by them not the seller?
Not in fine print, let them state in bold letters prominently on each product page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense
The seller seems to have not liked the deal provided and might have cancelled it. Or the inventory might have been found to be defective. Or 404.

I don't think that there is a willful attempt to defraud. They are well aware of the risks. They don't gain anything by luring customers with low prices and then not fulfilling.

In this case, unfortunately, you missed a good deal. It happens. No use fretting. Move on.
Iam not fretting on missed deal. What Iam pointing out is Amazon is not what it states to be. It is not the seller who canceled, but Amazon did it.
Old 6th June 2015, 12:08   #3364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I've seen this once before with a friend - in her case, Amazon basically messed up the calculation of the deal of the day discount percentage.
I think this comes down to the country / state laws. Certain places require the deal to be honoured in favour of the customer, even if it was a pricing goof up on the seller's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Even if it is a Amazon fulfilled offer? I was of the understanding that these Amazon Fulfilled offers are under control of Amazon and if it gets cancelled, it will be by Amazon, and not by the seller. May be I am wrong.
Yes, that's my understanding too.

Only possible exception here is now amazon offers some sort of "pick-up" facilitied for 'Amazon Fulfilled' products (if im not mistaken). This gives the seller the flexibility to have stock at his brick-and-mortar shop, but also sell & ship using Amazon's fulfillment service.

I'm not sure if these would be listed as "Amazon Fulfilled" -- but it's quite possible they are.

In these cases, a seller not updating quantities, or mentioning the wrong stock / in-stock before he has the stock, etc etc could result in a situation like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Anybody bought a Drone/quadcopter online ? I am planning to pick up this as my initial drone purchase. Any experiences ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...933020353.html
Link

Also i think Tsk1979 has one of the Symas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
With a company like Amazon, I would expect the level of service to be the same internationally --- but suspect that I am expecting too much.
Unfortunately not. Amazon service is EXCELLENT - but i think the USA support is better, and the support reps have more flexibility in resolving situations and keeping their customers happy (despite support reps having names like Vishwanathan and Krishna )

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not clear to me; what do you want them to do? From what I understand they refunded the entire amount you paid for, didn't they?
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
This is not cheating, it would have been when they said, it had been shipped and in transit.
Absolutely. To call this cheating would be stretching things.

However, you could say that rkg was upset since the shipping time as well as "in-stock" status was mis-advertised / not adhered to. Not something you'd expect from a product with the "Amazon Fulfilled" badge on it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th June 2015 at 12:10.
Old 6th June 2015, 12:46   #3365
Team-BHP Support

There's no 'wrong-doing' here, per se, but it does irk a customer when the selling side has no accountability except throwing money back at the purchaser after keeping him hanging for several days 'after' taking his money. Would anyone stand for such behavior in a B&M store?
Old 6th June 2015, 13:37   #3366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Would anyone stand for such behavior in a B&M store?
Back in 1997/98 when Samsung launched their Korean frost free refrigerators I paid 30k advance for their 320lit model. I had to wait for 2 months and three deliveries and the third delivery was a showroom piece. First one had a damage on the body, second one the delivery guy was drunk and dropped one side while carrying it into our home. Finally I was given the display piece with the sticker mark still on the freezer door. Fortunately this is still running but is a gas guzzler... I've seen my share of crap at B&M stores too.
Old 6th June 2015, 13:53   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I think this comes down to the country / state laws. Certain places require the deal to be honoured in favour of the customer, even if it was a pricing goof up on the seller's part.
Would you happen to have a reference for that? Which state (country?) has laws (not court decisions in specific cases) that say pricing goofs need to be always resolved in the customer's favour? I have heard of vendors doing it on their own, often for the PR brownie points, but never about it being legislated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There's no 'wrong-doing' here, per se, but it does irk a customer when the selling side has no accountability except throwing money back at the purchaser after keeping him hanging for several days 'after' taking his money. Would anyone stand for such behavior in a B&M store?
Don't we? Do we know of any instance where a B&M store was forced to compensate (over and above refunding booking money) a customer for cancelling an order? As far as I know it is the law, unless exclusions are specifically negotiated and written into the contract to sell.
Old 7th June 2015, 09:05   #3368
BHPian

Anyone has experience buying refrigerators from Flipkart? I see the prices are less compared to B&M stores. Not sure about whether they will do the installation also or just dump it at your home!
Old 7th June 2015, 09:18   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Anyone has experience buying refrigerators from Flipkart? I see the prices are less compared to B&M stores. Not sure about whether they will do the installation also or just dump it at your home!
What is there to "install" in a refrigerator?

Even for TV (mentioned a few posts above) - assuming a modern one, there is no installation required for using the stand. Only wall-mounting requires some installation, which I myself easily manage with a Bosch drill set and a local, unbranded spirit level.
Old 7th June 2015, 09:20   #3370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A colleague bought a double door Samsung frost-free from Flipkart under the exchange scheme. He had that small square shaped fridge before but was working so Flipkart paid him better than what others were offering him. They tie up with some local outlet to have the new fridge delivered and picked up the old one at the time of delivery. He got it for a good price as well.

On a related note, another colleague bought a Hitachi split AC from Flipkart. His unit was shipped from Bombay to Surat on the committed date and was installed by the local Hitachi technicians.
Old 7th June 2015, 11:33   #3371
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My brother bought Whirlpool 3 doors refrigerator from Flipkart. Whirlpool guys came install, but my brother already did before .Warranty is valid , Flipkart itself registered the product in company website.
Old 7th June 2015, 12:42   #3372
Senior - BHPian

The pathetic experience with Paytm continues. Had placed an order for a tawa on May 28. They did not even initiate shipping even after 9 days and finally I cancelled the order. So as usual got a message that the refund is credited to the paytm wallet. But the funny thing is I can see the refund transactions in my paytm account but the amount is not being reflected in the wallet balance. So they are incapable of crediting refunds to their own system forget your external bank account which any way they are not doing. As usual the customer executives are acting like total morons and I don't have any resolution even after 2 days. Request all to advise caution in dealing with this website.

Finally took my old tawa to a local Prestige store and got a neat 30% discount compared to the lowest offer available on online websites. Many of us ignore such excellent exchange offers available locally in brick and mortar stores and fall prey to fraudulent websites which take customer for a ride.

I am going to significantly tamper down my online purchases after few bitter experiences like these.

Last edited by poloman : 7th June 2015 at 12:49.
Old 7th June 2015, 16:38   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
So as usual got a message that the refund is credited to the paytm wallet. But the funny thing is I can see the refund transactions in my paytm account but the amount is not being reflected in the wallet balance. So they are incapable of crediting refunds to their own system forget your external bank account which any way they are not doing..
You have to write to Paytm to get the amount to reflect in your wallet. They probably believe in the principle that 'if the customer requests, do it, otherwise stay put.
Recently, I was supposed to get a cashback in my wallet 'within 24 hours of delivery'. I waited because this sort of thing happens automatically at Amazon and Flipkart. Nothing happened for days! The cashback was initiated only after prodding.
Old 7th June 2015, 19:17   #3374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
You have to write to Paytm to get the amount to reflect in your wallet. They probably believe in the principle that 'if the customer requests, do it, otherwise stay put.
Recently, I was supposed to get a cashback in my wallet 'within 24 hours of delivery'. I waited because this sort of thing happens automatically at Amazon and Flipkart. Nothing happened for days! The cashback was initiated only after prodding.
I had written to them, called them twice but no resolution. The funniest thing is you can see the refund transactions in the account but balance is not changed. Something like you can see credit transaction in your bank account but account balance is not updated. This is plain cheating or incompetence. This cashback or refund to only paytm wallet is a cunning way to keep the customer tied up to the portal. You have to buy some thing or do some paytm transactions to utilize this wallet balance. Currently they have disabled the option to send this money to your bank account.

Last edited by poloman : 7th June 2015 at 19:18.
Old 7th June 2015, 19:31   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
This is plain cheating or incompetence.

You won't believe the number of calls I had to make for the wrong items I received from shoppersstop. I must have called about 40 times. Know all their staff. Finally got fed up started calling their corporate office from their website board of directors. Next day issue resolution was kicked off and about 10 days later and few more phone calls I got emails that my refund has been initiated.
One needs to dig in and grind away with these moronic sites that really do not know to live up to the standards of sites such as fk, sd,Amazon etc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks