Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 09:56   #3406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Aren't all Fulfilled by Amazon orders shipped through Amazon Transportation Services?

My order for a Nillkin Tempered Glass that was Fulfilled by Amazon was shipped through Aramex!
Nope.

Order any liquid items and if its coming from their fulfilment center in Haryana. Its gonna come in GATI and take over a week easily to reach Bangalore :
Old 15th June 2015, 11:34   #3407
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

News item in today's Deccan Chronicle reported that a man in Vizag who ordered a Nokia Lumia phone from Amazon for his daughter as a gift, got "mangoes" delivered to him . Apparently, he has raised the issue with Flipkart who are examining the matter. The news item goes on to quote that he did not open the package in presence of the delivery person as he wanted his daughter to open it herself.

Makes me glad I got my oneplus one delivered safely from Amazon as I had also skipped opening the package before the delivery guy.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th June 2015 at 14:39. Reason: Not stones, but mangoes.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:48   #3408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Order any liquid items and if its coming from their fulfilment center in Haryana. Its gonna come in GATI and take over a week easily to reach Bangalore
That is because liquids can't be shipped through air. No point blaming the seller for this.
Old 15th June 2015, 13:00   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
http://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custome...deId=201335240

They use Bluedart, Fedex, Aramex etc - even the Indian postal service (possibly to district / rural locations that the big couriers don't serve)
Indian Post for smaller locations? I have got so many of these items delivered from India Post in Bangalore and all of these were Amazon fulfilled.

Most of these items were shipped from their warehouse in Hoskote (?) itself.

Most of the 1/2 day delivery is done by Amason themselves. I am getting a laptop delivered today, which was ordered last night (1 day delivery)
Old 15th June 2015, 14:36   #3410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
...today's Deccan Chronicle reported that a man in Vizag who ordered a Nokia Lumia phone from Amazon for his daughter as a gift, got "packaged stone & thermocol" pieces delivered to him . Apparently, he has raised the issue with Amazon ....
It was flipkart, not amazon.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150612/nation-current-affairs/article/flipkart-faux-pas-smartphone-buyer-gets-mangoes
Old 15th June 2015, 16:29   #3411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
It was flipkart, not amazon.
Just re-checked. That seems to be another case.

The one I posted was in Vizag.

It seems both Amazon & Flipkart have made similar mistakes
Old 15th June 2015, 16:58   #3412
Senior - BHPian

Most liquids are either banned or require a 48 hour cooling period before being cleared for a flight and even then the procedure would essentially see the liquid going on board after another 12-24 hours easily.

Makes a lot of sense therefore to use all those hours in actually covering the distance at a fraction of the air freight costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Nope.

Order any liquid items and if its coming from their fulfilment center in Haryana. Its gonna come in GATI and take over a week easily to reach Bangalore :
Old 17th June 2015, 02:03   #3413
BANNED

Hello,

I have just got the delivery of 3M Car Care Kit - Large from Amazon.in. Costed me Rs 1305 in total and it is Amazon fulfilled which contains:
  • 1 Car Wash Shampoo,
  • 1 Tyre Dresser,
  • 1 Dashboard Dresser,
  • 1 Liquid Wax and
  • 1 Microfiber Cloth

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Issue:
I opened the package to the 3M Wax polish 200 ml bottle missing from the box so went ahead and clicked on Return the product but I received an error saying "NO refund or return for Liquid products due to safety issues". I was like

So called their customer service team and made them understand the issue.

The Solution:
I was asked to purchase the 3M wax bottle separately so I made further noise stating why should I pay when I didn't receive the product in the package as described. He put my call on hold for a minute and later turned up saying, we will add the amount into your account as a Gift Card where you can use it for the purchase of the Wax Polish.

Cost of bottle: 210
Shipping: 40
Total: 250 added as a gift card.

Made the purchase and will be delivered by 21st or 22nd mostly.

A VFM package as the total cost of the kit now becomes 1305 + 250 = 1555/-

The pictures of the package upon opening:

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20150616_183843.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20150616_183839.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20150616_183804.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th June 2015 at 02:09.
Old 17th June 2015, 10:37   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
http://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custome...deId=201335240

They use Bluedart, Fedex, Aramex etc - even the Indian postal service (possibly to district / rural locations that the big couriers don't serve)
Am an Amazon regular who is not very amused with them using IndiaPost. It takes longer than usual and then....

I bought an Induction and they shipped via IndiaPost. The guy came with the parcel and left as there was nobody at home. Next day he calls and asks to collect it from the post office. I would have resisted but my dad went and collected it as the postman was known to him. Can't fault the postman as he admitted that he doesn't want to carry the heavy package with him as he has other places to go too.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:54   #3415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Am an Amazon regular who is not very amused with them using IndiaPost

I am an Amazon.com regular and they use US Postal Service frequently too in the U.S. It is an issue as we cannot track some of those packages and they leave the packages outside apartment doors if no one is at home. I guess they have to economize but it will good if they provide an option to choose the carrier.

Indian post has been surprisingly failure free for me recently on about 20 orders of mine on aliexpress.
Old 17th June 2015, 12:38   #3416
BHPian

Recently I had not so good experience with amazon.in. I thought hard should I share or not, but decided to share for the benefit of this community.

I bought 16GB class 10 Strontium NITRO 433X 16GB MicroSDHC (this one). Marked MRP Rs. 1999.00 with 73% discount sold at Rs. 549.00. Bout it with cloudtail which is Amazon subsidiary in India.

All is seems to fair so far, but when package arrived MRP on Package was Rs. 650. Though product sold at less than MRP, I felt cheated. Because its advertised at higher price with artificial discount.

I promptly wrote to Amazon customer service. As expected you get standard reply, mentioning the regret, possibility of return the item if I am not happy. And reason for difference in MRP being exchange rate (go figure!), Different batch and unable to update same in Amazon link, Different rates for different states (as if I bought vegetable oil!).

This when I knew whole issue won't be resolved anywhere if I write to customer service.

I wrote mail directly to Jeff Bezos, with three issues with my transaction with them,
1) Couldtail involved with Jacking up MRP in India, which is illegal.
2) Marking product with artificially high price giving impression that it would be great quality, when compared to similar products.
3) Giving artificial high % discount, and inturn cheating the customer about great value he got the product.

All three issue have misrepresentation of product in multiple dimensions, how is that Amazon doing it in India, would its principle violate the same.

I expected same mail to be lost in huge list of mails which he receives. But I am surprised that mail was forwarded with his famous ? to Customer relation head - Amazon India.

I was then contacted by One Mr. Krishna from Amazon Customer relation, requesting possibility of contacting over phone.

I preferred mail communication and told him same. Along with photo proof of MRP and Amazon web page print.

He asked me If I want to return the product, I said no.

Then Amazon credited 73% of discount on Actual MRP 650 back to my account (Rs. 475), along with the promise of resolving MRP discrepancy at their site.

I checked Cloudtail products, found that most of the electronic products are artificial MRP. I listed products which seems to have different MRP (when compared to other sites), wrote back to them Is it a practice to Jack-up the MRP.

Credit to Amazon, you can see most of Cloudtail product now represents actual MRP.

All in all I am happy with Amazon.

I ask this community to check MRP on products (all goods from Chaina, as MRP is sticker). See if it matches with what bought, if not you have a case for refund! Though they may have given it below actual MRP, misrepresentation is misrepresentation. Its your right to get actual % of discount.

Also check if product MRP is striked out (Like toys, perfumes) and new sticker will added. Make sure you make noise. Its illegal to do it in India. And you can tell you will hold Amazon for allowing its site encouraging the same. Most likely that Amazon will refund you the difference.
Old 17th June 2015, 12:53   #3417
BHPian

I have a bad experience with healthkart.com. I ordered some capsule bottles and offer was buy one get one free. But I received only one bottle. As per them I have not clicked a radio button to avail the offer. I told that offer should be applied automatically irrespective of I clicked it or not by default. Or an alert should be there that would you like to avail offer. but nothing such of sort happened.
Old 17th June 2015, 17:12   #3418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Recently I had not so good experience with amazon.in. I thought hard should I share or not, but decided to share for the benefit of this community.

... ... ...
Thank you. It is very important to share these experiences.
Old 18th June 2015, 00:10   #3419
Senior - BHPian

Offers for today:

Amazon: One Plus One 64GB available for Rs. 19,998
Flipkart: Xiaomi Mi4 16GB available for Rs. 14,999
Old 18th June 2015, 09:08   #3420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Though product sold at less than MRP, I felt cheated. Because its advertised at higher price with artificial discount.
Bumping up MRP is a very serious offense and I am surprised that no action was taken when you brought it to the attention of the customer care.

I had a similar (but positive) experience on Myntra. I was monitoring a specific sweatshirt to purchase during one of their mega-sales. On the day of the sale, the MRP was bumped up a bit but with a good discount. The final price was still very tempting and I ordered the same. That evening a rather senior person (not the typical call-center executive) called me to inform, that they realized that the MRP was accidentally bumped up, and thus they had to cancel my order and temporarily withdraw the sale of that product. As a goodwill, they issued a 500 Rs gift voucher. Later in the day, the product was listed again, but now at the correct MRP and the same discount applied. I bought it, now at 500 Rs even lower

Most Viewed