Old 18th June 2015, 14:19   #3421
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Recently I had not so good experience with amazon.in
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Bumping up MRP is a very serious offense and I am surprised that no action was taken when you brought it to the attention of the customer care.
Here is something similar I see from Flipkart. Although not to the same scale, there is a marked discrepancy in what their system thinks is the MRP.

Here's the product link before I visit the product page:
The Online Shopping Thread-listing.jpg

Here is the actual product page:
The Online Shopping Thread-product.jpg

The MRP is off by almost 47%!
Old 18th June 2015, 16:40   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I wrote mail directly to Jeff Bezos, with three issues with my transaction with them,
1) Couldtail involved with Jacking up MRP in India, which is illegal.
2) Marking product with artificially high price giving impression that it would be great quality, when compared to similar products.
3) Giving artificial high % discount, and inturn cheating the customer about great value he got the product.
Credit to Amazon, you can see most of Cloudtail product now represents actual MRP.
This is good stuff.

I would encourage everyone to share escalation points for all popular online shopping sites here.
Old 18th June 2015, 17:12   #3423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Here is something similar I see from Flipkart. Although not to the same scale, there is a marked discrepancy in what their system thinks is the MRP.

Here's the product link before I visit the product page:

Here is the actual product page:

The MRP is off by almost 47%!
The old MRP of the bulb was 699 and new MRP is 475. Still this inconsistency should have been fixed by them.
Old 19th June 2015, 18:54   #3424
BHPian

Disappointed by Amazon.in, especially because it is the gold standard for online shopping.

I was looking at routers on their site, and many routers are listed multiple times with differing prices. For example, search for any of these, you'll understand my point.

D-Link Dir-600M
D-Link DIR-600L
D-Link DIR-605L
TP-Link TD-W8151N
TP-Link TL-WR841N

There are many more; I gave up trying to track the dupes.

I sent them an email through their website several days ago (I had to login to do that). Neither acknowledgement nor reply, and the multiple listings continue.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd June 2015 at 23:13. Reason: AMZ -> Amazon.
Old 19th June 2015, 20:22   #3425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I was looking at routers on their site, and many routers are listed multiple times with differing prices.
Not sure I understand your complaint; they are all listed by different vendors at different prices. Each vendor would list a price which is appropriate for their cost structure; what is the problem with that?
Old 19th June 2015, 20:33   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not sure I understand your complaint; they are all listed by different vendors at different prices. Each vendor would list a price which is appropriate for their cost structure; what is the problem with that?
That is not the way any other product is listed. For a given brand / model, there is only one listing, with different sellers selling at different prices shown on the same page. Amazon has been this way for years; FK and SD also do the same.
Old 19th June 2015, 23:22   #3427
BHPian

Sharing my experience of buying a laptop from seller JHROnline in Flipkart
I ordered a Dell Inspiron 3542 through Flipkart sometime in mid March. Got the laptop delivered in three weeks. To my horror, the seller sent me a used laptop (The laptop had login of someone else). Immediately contacted the customer care. I mailed to Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal regarding this issue. A customer service personnel contacted me soon. They arranged me a replacement.
The replacement arrived later, only to find out the warranty period started some months before. I even verified the same by a friend who used to work for Dell. Now, this was hugely frustrating - Not only I got cheated twice but also have to waste time for such hassles. Mailed Flipkart customer care again and they agreed to sort out this issue in some twenty days or so. They gave many follow ups but couldn't solve it within twenty days. Meanwhile, the ten day replacement period also got over.
Several mails and phone calls later and a lot of wasted time, they told me that they will update the warranty for a week first and then later update to one year - "Holy cow! Why can't they update it in one go then?!"
Also, a dead pixel appeared on the screen and also there was some loose contact near the battery terminal which is unacceptable for a merely one month old laptop. I mailed again and they finally agreed for a full cash back return. I escaped from a huge headache, thanks to Flipkart.

Now, I realised that the same seller who made me suffer is catagorised in the "Flipkart Advantage" sellers.

Lessons learnt from this ordeal -
* Flipkart Customer Care, no matter I didn't get the best results, was positive.
* If buying online through Flipkart, select only WSRetail.
* Look for at least the better return policies and read the seller reviews properly.
* Never buy from this seller, again.

On a positive note, I bought a Dell Inspiron 5558, a better model offline, for a insignificant extra. Also, it comes with 2 year warranty and a lot of goodies. Peace of mind
Old 20th June 2015, 06:07   #3428
Senior - BHPian

Dell sells laptops online at competitive rates - and allows a certain amount of customization such as adding extra RAM / more HDD, buying office at a discounted rate, buying a laptop bag, mouse and other accessories etc. http://www.dell.co.in (or at least they did when I bought my last laptop from them a couple of years back, haven't checked after that)
Old 20th June 2015, 09:19   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Dell sells laptops online at competitive rates
I recently bought a 24 inch monitor from Dell India online. I got it 2k cheaper than both amazon and flipkart. The delivery was prompt. Highly recommended buying dell products from Dell.co.in
Old 20th June 2015, 10:44   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
That is not the way any other product is listed. For a given brand / model, there is only one listing, with different sellers selling at different prices shown on the same page. Amazon has been this way for years; FK and SD also do the same.
OK, now I see what you mean. From what I remember speaking to a friend of mine working at Amazon, unique key for each listing on Amazon is something called its ASIN (Amazon something Identification Number). Amazon's duplication detection apparently needs time to do its job; so if two different vendors upload the same product with sufficient time in between they'll have the same ASIN but if they upload the same product approximately at the same time they'll end up having different ASINs and hence separate listings in the store.
Old 20th June 2015, 11:43   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
OK, now I see what you mean.
Thanks for the info. Glitches will happen, my disappointment is that my email has neither been acknowledged nor responded to. That is quite unprofessional.
Old 20th June 2015, 16:41   #3432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I understand it.

I understand it especially when one is doing a search that is wider than just one model: to see the same model listed a dozen or more times is just noise. That used to be e-bay, not Amazon. Now it is not only Amazon but Flipkart as well.

Pain in the neck.
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:46   #3433
Senior - BHPian

OnePlus One available on Flipkart!

For a price of Rs. 19,998 and a 10% discount on SBI cards on top of that(subject to max of Rs. 1,500)

So, Rs. 18,498!

Also, the Mi Band is on open sale today. No registration required.
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:26   #3434
Senior - BHPian

I had ordered some stuff (worth about $50) from amazon.com using their own international shipment option. It took about a week, and today as per the tracking website it is out for delivery. The thing to note is that I received this SMS from Aramex (the courier):

Quote:
Dear Consignee, Your shipment under [AWB] from Golden State FC LLC is expected to be delivered shortly. Kindly keep your government issued KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER document (identity and address proof) in hard copy ready for handover in order to receive your shipment.
Never seen such a requirement; so I'm assuming this is something instituted by GoI recently. The delivery chap called me and informed me that he can't deliver unless I give him a copy of a government-issue ID. Fortunately I have a scanned copy of my PAN card on my home computer which my wife will be able to print and give to him.
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:05   #3435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered some stuff (worth about $50) from amazon.com using their own international shipment option. It took about a week, and today as per the tracking website it is out for delivery. The thing to note is that I received this SMS from Aramex (the courier):
I remember someone posting a link on dhlIndia that also asks the customer to upload his/her KYC documents.

I guess this is a new regulation from June 1st? The date the new budget comes into effect or something of the sort?

Most Viewed