Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 11:27   #331
BHPian

Homeshop 18

Was ordering Google nexus tablet via Homeshop18.

Its surprising that they are unable to deliver at Pune pin code 411027 where as it can be done at my native in MP which is tier 3 city

Has it to do with some Octroi or what?
Old 7th December 2012, 12:01   #332
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Just bought a towing rope for Rs.229 from http://www.tradus.com/deal/d/461

This is my 1st order with them. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 7th December 2012, 12:22   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
To keep updated with online deals, offers and coupons a very good site is desidime.com
It has user generated content and ratings which can ascertain the genuineness of the deal.

Note: I am not related to the site. Just a happy surfer
Yep it is indeed a good site but not well managed and monitored like TEAM BHP
Old 7th December 2012, 12:31   #334
BHPian

Re: Homeshop 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post

Its surprising that they are unable to deliver at Pune pin code 411027 where as it can be done at my native in MP which is tier 3 city

Had same experience when I wanted to purchase S2 from them. But Deal was so good that got it delivered to my relative in Mumbai. Dunnow why such a large metropolis like Pune is not covered by them
Old 7th December 2012, 12:38   #335
Senior - BHPian

I have used www.towness.co.in for my grocery and vegetable needs. Good experience both the times. They operate anywhere in bangalore, deliver within 24 hours in two delivery slots.If you order before 7 am, they will deliver before 8-9 pm same day. Only catch is the order needs to be for a minimum Rs.400/- and payment is by COD or Ticket coupons only. They charge Rs.20 as delivery charges.
I can vouch for their quality and freshness, and the prices are mostly at par with Hopcoms. You can also order other kitchen and home needs, beauty and wellness products (soaps, shampoos etc).They have offers of a freebie valued between 50 to 126 if you order items worth 500 to 1000 and higher value freebies for higher purchases.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with the website. I have used them on a couple of occasions and found them to be good. Have good feedback from some acquaintances who order regularly from them.
Old 7th December 2012, 14:25   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post
Had same experience when I wanted to purchase S2 from them. But Deal was so good that got it delivered to my relative in Mumbai. Dunnow why such a large metropolis like Pune is not covered by them
Funny, a few minutes ago a colleague ordered a home appliance from them, to be delivered at Hinjewadi. (411 057)
Do they have different policies for different items ?
Old 7th December 2012, 14:33   #337
BHPian

Yeah, HS18 does not deliver gadgets (most of them) to areas where they have to pay octroi. So when I was purchasing a netbook, I had to order it at my relative's place (Mumbai address) and then pick it up from there.
Old 7th December 2012, 15:30   #338
Senior - BHPian

I was interested in a Panasonic Camera on the Flipkart website but wanted to know what date of manufacture/place of manufacture for the camera. Called up their toll free nos and the call was transferred to 3 diff depts whih didnt have any info on the query. The last dept to which the call was xferred would inadverently cut off the call and this process happened 3-4 times.

Is there any other way I could get the needed information? Are Panasonic Cameras sold on website "Made in Japan" or "Made in China/Malaysia" make? Any ideas?
Old 7th December 2012, 19:05   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is there any other way I could get the needed information? Are Panasonic Cameras sold on website "Made in Japan" or "Made in China/Malaysia" make? Any ideas?
Just email them with your query. I've found that emailing is more easier to get information from large online retailers. And i don't purchase from those who don't bother to reply, i take it as the sign of the quality of customer service i can expect.
Old 8th December 2012, 06:45   #340
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur
I was interested in a Panasonic Camera on the Flipkart website but wanted to know what date of manufacture/place of manufacture for the camera. Called up their toll free nos and the call was transferred to 3 diff depts whih didnt have any info on the query. The last dept to which the call was xferred would inadverently cut off the call and this process happened 3-4 times.

Most consumer electronics if not Made in China or Korea or Malaysia or Thailand are at least assembled there. It is accepted fact that labour costs and overall organized sector factory production costs are lower in these countries than in Japan and other places. Even all the famed apple products that I own are all without exception assembled in China, regardless of where they are purchased from! End of the day you buy a brand on account of a quality promise and expectation of standards. Doesn't really matter where it is made.

Am I correct that it is only in India where we have this odd concept of 'export quality' which tacitly implies that high quality is not required for us Indian local yokels and that only the white man's world deserves top class quality?

Examples: The Export quality Swift, SX4 and Duster etc are most definitely of a different quality level and loaded with a lot more goodies at the same 'defined spec' and 'trim level' than the Indian version...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th December 2012 at 06:47.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:37   #341
BANNED

Came across this site few days back http://www.gosf.in. The site is maintained by Google. Looks like Google has partnered all big indian online shopping websites and is celebrating online shopping day on 12/12/12 (similar to Cyber Monday in US).

Expecting some good discounts on that day. Following is in my shopping list
1. Car Vacuum Cleaner
2. Microusb to USB cable
3. Watches
4. Good Google play apps (I don't know if apps would be on Sale)
5. Cloth items (winter cloths may be or may be some track pants with zip in pocket)
6. Backpacks

Last edited by ottocycle : 8th December 2012 at 10:38.
Old 20th December 2012, 13:55   #342
BHPian

Hi ,

I need to shop at Best Buy
can I use my Intl HDFC credit card to make a online purchase at best buy & get the item shipped to an US Address?

this question arises because while i am trying to add cc details in my best buy account, country says only USA, no option for me to select India.
Old 20th December 2012, 15:23   #343
BHPian

Used http://www.fashionandyou.com/ to order shoes. Got myself an Arrow formal shoe MRP was Rs 3,999, I got it for 1,499. Thought it was too good to be true but turned out it was indeed good.

Delivered in 4 working days in mint condition. I checked and rechecked for any defects, size problems but nope. It was all good.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:04   #344
BHPian

Im planning to order a few things from the US. Can someone advise if its better to go through paypal or via axis bank? Any idea How much would the conversion charges be in each case?
Thanks.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:50   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Hi ,

I need to shop at Best Buy
can I use my Intl HDFC credit card to make a online purchase at best buy & get the item shipped to an US Address?

this question arises because while i am trying to add cc details in my best buy account, country says only USA, no option for me to select India.
Try Paypal. Newegg doesn't allow international credit cards and I ordered stuff using my Paypal account which is linked to my Indian CC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks