Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2015, 04:45   #3511
Distinguished - BHPian

DHL epic conclusion... Goods were delivered, and duty charged as per supplements.

In the end, all the documents required and import licence stuff was a nonsense.

Apologies for skipping other posts : I'm on my holiday, which means not much Internet time :-)
Old 4th July 2015, 08:16   #3512
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: The Online Shopping Thread

I bought some mid-large sized Lego Stuff for my nephew some days back. Bought these on Amazon.

There were three large boxes. Two supplied by one vendor and One by another but both shipments were Amazon fulfilled.

The Amazon deliveries of these, to a town near Ghaziabad, happened in 4-5 days from the date of order.

Delightful indeed!
Old 4th July 2015, 12:50   #3513
Senior - BHPian

Bought a pair of Hella Red Grills from PayTM for Rs 910 after cashback. Ordered on 1st July late night, got them an hour ago!

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20150704_115040.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20150704_122159.jpg
Old 4th July 2015, 16:59   #3514
BHPian

Recently I tried the askmebazaar site. Ordered a Tupperware lunch box in the second week of may and they attempted delivery of the item in last week of June. Luckily it was COD and I rejected it. There site does not have any tracking mechanism. Better to keep away from this site.
Old 4th July 2015, 22:47   #3515
Senior - BHPian

Since I 'discovered' Paytm around one and half month back all my shopping has been done on that site.
Placed around 30-40 orders or so in that period incl 3 bicycles. It has been ages since bought something on Flipkart/Amazon. But bought few items on eBay.
PayTM has really created the 'Cat among the Pigeons' effect on big websites.
I really think their business model gets enough of the repeat customers due to never ending cycle of cashbacks. Read somewhere that PayTM has forced almost all the banks to launch their mobile wallets.
Lets see till when the party lasts.

Also got delivery of one order from Aliexpress after more than 50 days. But No custom duty drama, etc. Item was marked as a gift. Value was below 2000.

My preferences are in this order:
Normal Shopping : PayTM of course 75%
Bargain Shopping in quick time : eBay 15%
Bargain Shopping without any urgency : AliExpress 5%
Very quick Delivery : Amazon/Flipkart 5%
Old 5th July 2015, 12:24   #3516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I really think their business model gets enough of the repeat customers due to never ending cycle of cashbacks. Read somewhere that PayTM has forced almost all the banks to launch their mobile wallets.
Yes, almost every bank has come up with a mobile wallet now. The mobile wallet/recharge facility of PayTM is really awesome and I use it for every kind of recharge or bill payment.
But, I have never bought anything from their online shopping facility.

Quote:
Since I 'discovered' Paytm around one and half month back all my shopping has been done on that site.
Placed around 30-40 orders or so in that period incl 3 bicycles. It has been ages since bought something on Flipkart/Amazon. But bought few items on eBay.
Could you elaborate your experience with regards to delivery, customer support etc. When I saw their website, the products didn't seem that exciting and the prices were higher than Flipkart/Amazon.
Old 5th July 2015, 12:47   #3517
Senior - BHPian

Their products list is continuously expanding, but it's nowhere close to Flipkart/amazon but they continously come out with irresistible offers (for eg they have 40% cashback on bicycles), etc. The final price is shown after applying the offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
When I saw their website, the products didn't seem that exciting and the prices were higher than Flipkart/Amazon.
The customer service is 24 hrs active and they have support button below each order which is really convenient. Delivery is not at all quick and tests your patience sometimes. In my case one thing worth mentioning is that I stay in Goa and online shopping is a necessity rather than luxury so I am happy with whatever service I get, but for big metro customers delivery period is of utmost importance. I would say that PayTM is really good for clearing your wishlist if you have patience. As I mentioned few days ago, I bought lots of Hawkins Futura products on PayTM as all my life I haven't seen more than 3% discount on Hawkins products while on PayTM I got them at 40% cashback. Isn't that awesome.
I am also not that of online shopper who buys even the groceries online, so PayTM suits my requirement perfectly.
My last order was of Teewe streaming device.

Last edited by carwatcher : 5th July 2015 at 13:03.
Old 6th July 2015, 11:58   #3518
BHPian

My experience with Sanpdeal has been horrendous. I placed 5 orders with them since Apr 27, 2015 and all the orders were cancelled quoting technical errors after 5-7 days of placing the order. I believe that its a trick that Snapdeal is using to lure the customers to their portal to inflate # of visitors and GMV. They also get access to free money for 5-7 days if orders are prepaid as in my case. I have been following up with Sanpdeal help but when I did not get required support I resorted to social media- twitter. Funny enough Kunal Bahl than replying to my tweets or resolving the complaint, he chose to block me on twitter. This callous attitude of Head of a B2C company raises a question- If Kunal Bahl can'f handle an irate customer, can he run Snapdeal.com?

Complete story, copied from my blog:
The growth of e-comm has benefited Indian consumers not just from price point of view but also by raising the standard of customer service. However, some companies take buyers/consumers for a ride- an one shining example of such companies is Snapdeal.com. This company gladly lists items on their website for buyers to place orders but then suddenly decide to cancel the order without intimating the customer. I placed 6 orders (in last 2 months) with Snapdeal.com and all these orders were cancelled- mind you that 5 orders were prepaid.Snapdeal.com gladly kept my INR 2.5 lac in their account for an average 5-7 working days before initiating the refund.

At first instance, I bought Sanpdeal’s explanation of “TECHNICAL ERROR” and then I saw a pattern. This seems more of a malpractice and unethical conduct for following reasons:
a) Snapdeal counts such cancelled orders in their GMV to lure VC funding
b) Snapdeal gets money free for 5-7 days. Imagine if they had to borrow from Banks on daily rate

In my experience, I found Snapdeal trying to push blame to “Technical Error”. How many times the technical error has to happen before Mr. Bahl’s company accept these incidents as malpractice? had written multiple emails to Kunal and everytime I get a phone call from “Complaints Department”. Why shy away from official written communication?

I decided to follow on my case via twitter and Kunal Bahl’s customer service attitude touches a new low. He blocks me on twitter. His act raise a question- can he run a customer oriented company when he can’t even handle an irate customer?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-kunaltwitter.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th July 2015 at 12:18. Reason: Adding the text here itself, as TBHP rules dissuade people from linking to their own websites. Thanks :)
Old 6th July 2015, 16:36   #3519
Senior - BHPian

Quick question, is this appropriate for Hyundai I10 (Sportz, '10 model)? Anyone bought wiper blades online who can offer an opinion on genuineness etc.?

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00P21KZVQ/
Old 6th July 2015, 17:35   #3520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post

Also got delivery of one order from Aliexpress after more than 50 days. But No custom duty drama, etc. Item was marked as a gift. Value was below 2000.

My preferences are in this order:
Normal Shopping : PayTM of course 75%
Bargain Shopping in quick time : eBay 15%
Bargain Shopping without any urgency : AliExpress 5%
Very quick Delivery : Amazon/Flipkart 5%
It is good untill you face any problems, in case any failed transaction, customer care is horrendous and non existent. Only one mail id with robotic mails
Old 6th July 2015, 17:43   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quick question, is this appropriate for Hyundai I10 (Sportz, '10 model)? Anyone bought wiper blades online who can offer an opinion on genuineness etc.?

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00P21KZVQ/
Yes, I've bought same ones for the IKON in MAY(seller TAMS, amazon fulfilled). Can confirm that they are genuine. Though, They were shipped in a box that can accommodate 40 sets.

Earlier, had bought the very same ones in March fulfilled by amazon, sold by TAMS, shipped by GATI.
When 3 days late gati marked tracking ID with "unable to locate address". After raising a complaint the status was changed to delivered, 2 days after. Had to haggle with GATI to find out that the package was lost in transit, however amazon was quick to re-fund the order.

Last edited by gendarmee : 6th July 2015 at 17:44.
Old 6th July 2015, 18:17   #3522
BHPian

Any means of tracking "China Post Registered Air Mail", the Aliexpress site does suggest http://intmail.11185.cn/ but its all Chinese!
Any help is appreciated.
Old 6th July 2015, 18:25   #3523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Any means of tracking "China Post Registered Air Mail", the Aliexpress site does suggest http://intmail.11185.cn/ but its all Chinese!
Any help is appreciated.
Try tracking via http://www.17track.net/ link. You have translate option with this link. Usually better when compared to Ali-express tracking.
Old 6th July 2015, 18:34   #3524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Try tracking via http://www.17track.net/ link..
Thanks - Just found out another one : https://www.aftership.com/
Works like breeze!
Old 7th July 2015, 13:11   #3525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I just placed an order for the White colored one. Since you have had a first hand experience, I made the decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Haha! Pray James may doesn't disappoint you.
You have 10 days to test it once you get it.
First thing you do is check both the ports if they work. Next let the bank charge to 100%.
(Also register this on the ADATA india website for the 1 year warranty.)
Got the power bank delivered on the 4th. Good packaging and speedy delivery.

Was almost 75% charged and I was able to charge my HTC One fully, with considerable power still remaining.

Kept for a full charge over night and its holding the charge well as well as charging other devices w/o any fuss.

The invoice did't carry any date, surprisingly.

Registered the product successfully on the AData website. It accepted July 4 as the date of purchase.

Followed you advice and checked the dual USB Ports, and they are working fine. Shall closely observe for the duration I am eligible to return the product.

So far, I am satisfied with the product! The only thing that could have been better is the charging indicator. If you have 3 dots glowing blue, its hard to figure out if the 4th one is blinking (indicating it's charging). The constant glow and the blink don't have much difference between them!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 7th July 2015 at 13:14.

Most Viewed