Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 14:14   #3541
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

I believe this is about knowing you better . With website its about the cookies and your earlier history with flipkart. Once it is into app, you give permission for it to access whatever it needs to get from your phone. They can target you better.

I have been visiting FK these days only to read reviews. I mostly buy it from Amazon
Old 8th July 2015, 14:37   #3542
Distinguished - BHPian

FabFurnish: A bad experience.

Ordered a vase from them on 27-June and it said a shipping estimate of 4-7 days. The product is yet to ship even today and when I contacted their CC, they say, the order is almost ready to ship and that I should refuse delivery if I want it cancelled.

What's more concerning though, is the attitude of the top guy.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1084
Size:  18.9 KB

Mostly I have seen people at the top and digital firms are very cautious on fb/twitter. This guy seems to be saying, "I'll do zilch for you, I don't care!". Wish I had come across this tweet before placing the order. It's 900 bucks down the drain but a very valuable lesson learnt about where not to shop

They did have some good products, but who knows, all of them might be out of stock and it can happen with any or all of them. Really sad. I am staying away from this shady site. Beware bhpians!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 8th July 2015 at 14:41.
Old 8th July 2015, 14:56   #3543
Senior - BHPian

So, about the wipers, it was not Amazon fulfilled.

I contacted the seller and he was prompt to respond back.
He offered a replacement if I ship back the item (in which case I have to bear the shipping cost).

Somehow, I was reluctant to bear the shipping cost and wait for another item which could also be having the same issue.
Overall the product does not have anything to do with 'Autofurnish'. It has some other name on the wipers.

The seller indicated that the wipers will "adjust as per windshield curve gradually". Now I am not sure if this will really happen.

Have fixed the wipers to the car, but the car is not really used, plus there are no rains as well.

Edit: I noticed that I can return the item via Amazon. But very likely I have to bear shipping cost.

Last edited by S_U_N : 8th July 2015 at 15:00.
Old 8th July 2015, 15:08   #3544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I believe this is about knowing you better .... ... ... Once it is into app, you give permission for it to access whatever it needs to get from your phone. They can target you better.

They can trade the target you and all your contacts.

As I said a few days ago, they want access to your phone, your contacts, your life, your bedroom, your wife!

This is probably a bigger threat to our privacy than the US and UK monitoring agencies combined.

I hope this backfires on them in a big way. Guys... Unless you really need then, uninstall those shopping apps! Let's vote with our feet. Err... Fingers.
Old 8th July 2015, 16:07   #3545
Senior - BHPian

So, Good bye Flipkart - I am not going to renew my Flipkart first subscription and once they go app only, will not be shopping from them even if the offers are good.

I have never touched Myntra once they went app only - as a Bhpian already said, FlipKart is doing a self goal and is helping Amazon

--Anoop
Old 8th July 2015, 17:59   #3546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Somehow, I was reluctant to bear the shipping cost and wait for another item which could also be having the same issue.
Overall the product does not have anything to do with 'Autofurnish'. It has some other name on the wipers.
Return it and ask for a refund instead of an exchange (refund amount > shipping cost, even though you lose shipping cost).

Also, leave a review on the site, along with the photos you provided - that'll put off other buyers and help them immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The seller indicated that the wipers will "adjust as per windshield curve gradually". Now I am not sure if this will really happen.
Even if this happens (unlikely, though possible due to wiper arm pressure/weight), new wipers are supposed to be 100% effective from day one. A wiper blade doesn't need a running in period. I hope the seller doesn't use the same logic if he sells innerwear!
Old 8th July 2015, 18:43   #3547
Senior - BHPian

^^And that's one of the main reasons I don't want their app on my devices. Intrusive permissions, et all. They can read your messages, see your pics, etc, etc. What's more paying from app is risky. We have no idea what security policies they have inside. I would only trust the browser or COD. And COD means no discount, which means no flipkart for me.

The reviews will be gone too. Who's going to type long reviews on mobile? No me, definitely.
Old 8th July 2015, 19:20   #3548
BHPian

having a bad experience with paytm.
I got a totally incorrect product.
and though customer care agreed to replace, the return pickup itself has been delayed.

Looks like paytm has become dumping ground and is being misused. Sellers actually deliver crap product instead of listed ones and test your patience in returning those.
Old 8th July 2015, 19:31   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
[b]

What's more concerning though, is the attitude of the top guy.

Attachment 1390238

Mostly I have seen people at the top and digital firms are very cautious on fb/twitter.
Maybe you should retweet that tagging some popular news outlets that cover new-gen businesses (Medianama, Firstpost, Nextbigwhat) and people (Mahesh Murthy, Rahul Yadav (!) etc.).
Old 8th July 2015, 20:37   #3550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
[b]I am staying away from this shady site. Beware bhpians!
Ordered a King Size Bed on June 19th and promised delivery was in 10 Days. Still not delivered and the last Status updated as per tracking site is June 23rd!

Customer care keeps promising delivery every day since last Saturday & still no signs of it. It was ordered by wifey and now she is on Phone at least thrice a day and I have asked her to cancel the order or give the powers to me so that I can post it right on their FB Page and elsewhere regarding their attitude in dealing with this.

We too were told to refuse the delivery upon arrival if we have to cancel.

Reading your ordeal, I have faith that this is their trend!!
Old 8th July 2015, 20:44   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Ordered a King Size Bed on June 19th and promised delivery was in 10 Days. Still not delivered and the last Status updated as per tracking site is June 23rd!

Customer care keeps promising delivery every day since last Saturday & still no signs of it. It was ordered by wifey and now she is on Phone at least thrice a day and I have asked her to cancel the order or give the powers to me so that I can post it right on their FB Page and elsewhere regarding their attitude in dealing with this.

Most of the furniture items are made to order or directly shipped from China once an order is received. So delay is expected. But the problem is that these eCommerce sites show them 'in stock' and give unrealistic delivery dates.
Old 8th July 2015, 20:50   #3552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Most of the furniture items are made to order or directly shipped from China once an order is received. So delay is expected. But the problem is that these eCommerce sites show them 'in stock' and give unrealistic delivery dates.
Let me tell you the worst part!

We (Family) belong to the Furniture industry and each and every item at home is home-made and this was the first time wifey confidently went ahead and booked it online thinking my parents (specially dad) would anyway raise eyebrows, which he did!

I am not referring to the delay, I would rather expect such a brand to at least keep the customer updated on the developments and not give false assurances that it will be delivered today by 12 noon or by 6pm. And the same sentence we have been hearing since last 4 days now!

Definitely not something normal. Let them commit a day once and once for all than fooling around.

So, this will be last Online furniture buying experience for us and wife for sure will block any furniture sites in future to win back the trust at home as my father already yelled that she spent too much on something we would have designed at half the price while wife thought flat 50% off means indeed a steal .

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th July 2015 at 20:51.
Old 9th July 2015, 01:09   #3553
Senior - BHPian

^Furniture also from China? :o Are you sure?
Old 9th July 2015, 07:18   #3554
Senior - BHPian

I have excellent experiences with pepperfry. Their delivery time is about 15..20 days after the product ships (probably coming by road from Jaipur) but the two beds and a small file cupboard I got from them have been of excellent quality. Prompt delivery and professional assembly, good support available too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Old 9th July 2015, 09:22   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Fabfurnish is a horrible site. My wife bought some stuff and it came damaged. They simply washed their hands off it. Thankfully it was an insignificant amount. However that was the last straw for me as far as the site is concerned. Please stay away from this horrible site. The attitude of the CEO shows and I guess it percolates down the organization. They won't last very long.

Pepperfry on the other hand has been really nice. Excellent prompt delivery and great prices with coupons. I highly recommend pepperfry. I've had a great experience buying a mattress from fabmart(completely unrelated to fabfurnish) as well. Their price was roughly 25% lower than the prevailing market price. Delivery was on the committed date.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 9th July 2015 at 09:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks