Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2015, 21:39   #3571
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Bought a 3M helmet cleaner from Amazon at a discounted price of Rs.166 from the listed price of Rs.175. Got the product delivered today and when checked the MRP printed on the can is Rs.149. Did not expect this from the seller cloudtail which is Amazon itself. Is it not illegal to sell a product above MRP? Attachment 1390842Attachment 1390841
Raise an issue with Amazon. A fellow member here got a very good refund from Amazon for misrepresentation of the prices on their website.

That said, I have this helmet cleaner. And somehow, it's the first 3M product I absolutely hated! It's like scented snow spray. And it sprays all over the place!
Old 10th July 2015, 22:12   #3572
BHPian

Works well for me. Keeps the insides smelling good. It's 149 mrp. Few days back they were selling it for 105 after discount. Raise a case. They will refund. Easier if it's amazon fulfilled.
Old 11th July 2015, 12:01   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Works well for me. Keeps the insides smelling good. It's 149 mrp. Few days back they were selling it for 105 after discount. Raise a case. They will refund. Easier if it's amazon fulfilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Raise an issue with Amazon. A fellow member here got a very good refund from Amazon for misrepresentation of the prices on their website.
They did offer me a GC for Rs.100 which I promptly refused but asked them to change the price on their website if it was a error. But the product 24hrs after my complaint is still retailing at Rs.166 which raises a doubt from my side if the jacked up MRP is a deliberate ploy.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/mobile/dp/B...tag=your_order
Old 11th July 2015, 12:25   #3574
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with a remote (electrical) light switch? I am planning to install one for the light in our uncovered garage - it is annoying to go inside to switch on the light while putting the car in at night, especially in rain. I see some options on Snapdeal for Rs 1-1.5k but am reluctant to order something that is untested or unreliable. The idea is to wave the remote and switch on the light on reaching home without leaving the vehicle (I will be within 15-20 feet of the point where a receiver can be safely mounted)

Last edited by Kumar R : 11th July 2015 at 12:27.
Old 11th July 2015, 13:15   #3575
BHPian

The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
Does anyone have any experience with a remote (electrical) light switch?

I use this extensively at home. I have remote controlled sockets with RF remotes that have longer range than infrared remotes. Got them cheap from the UK and are now available in India too or you can source them from aliexpress. Alternately you can use battery operated led motion activated lights. You don't need a remote and on low light it comes on when it detects motion.

Last edited by diyguy : 11th July 2015 at 13:39.
Old 13th July 2015, 09:27   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Bought a 3M helmet cleaner from Amazon at a discounted price of Rs.166 from the listed price of Rs.175. Got the product delivered today and when checked the MRP printed on the can is Rs.149. Did not expect this from the seller cloudtail which is Amazon itself. Is it not illegal to sell a product above MRP?
you could raise a note with amazon and get refund of excess amount or if you really up the ante , you can file a case with Legal Meterology Dept ( Weights & measures dept ) , they will issue showcause notice and fine will definitely be between 25-50k or more depending on the inspector .
Old 13th July 2015, 13:33   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
you could raise a note with amazon and get refund of excess amount or if you really up the ante , you can file a case with Legal Meterology Dept ( Weights & measures dept ) , they will issue showcause notice and fine will definitely be between 25-50k or more depending on the inspector .
Sent a mail to Inspector of legal metrology of Haryana with the pics of the bill and the MRP on the product since the seller cloudtail has his regd address in Haryana. Thanks for the guidance.
Old 13th July 2015, 13:36   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Sent a mail to Inspector of legal metrology of Haryana...
Any idea if the product price has increased on new stock and the item you received is from older stock? This happens very often in local supermarkets like Spencers, Niligiris etc. I dont see Amazon doing this intentionally otherwise...
Old 13th July 2015, 13:48   #3579
BHPian

This may be oversight to give benefit of doubt to amazon,however most erp systems have provision to maintain different price with different ean code .However it has become a norm by FK & Amazon to inflate prices and markdown to offer higher discount.
Old 13th July 2015, 13:52   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
For those who are interested in basic navigator, Garmin Nuvi 42LM is available in SnapDeal for 5555 INR (costs around 8k at other sites)

Mr.Boss .. how are those 42LMs working out?
How are map and/or software upgrades doing?

The deal is still going on with Snapdeal and looks enticing, were just wondering if there were any caveats??
Old 13th July 2015, 14:12   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Any idea if the product price has increased on new stock and the item you received is from older stock? This happens very often in local supermarkets like Spencers, Niligiris etc. I dont see Amazon doing this intentionally otherwise...
The product I received was Dec 2014 manufactured and the ref sticker on the product matches with the ref number on the invoice so I don't think there has been a goof up. But the sad part is one of their CS mails me that since VAT has been added the product has exceeded it's MRP :banghead:
Old 14th July 2015, 08:15   #3582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Mr.Boss .. how are those 42LMs working out?
How are map and/or software upgrades doing?

The deal is still going on with Snapdeal and looks enticing, were just wondering if there were any caveats??
Device & Interface : 5/5
City use : 3/5 (Used in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Cochin. I'm finding my 5year old Nuvi 250 is easy to pick the address / landmark within city)
Highway use : 4/5 (It takes a while to recognize and recalculate the alternate routes)
Old 14th July 2015, 12:07   #3583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Use 17track. It combines both and shows you the latest update. Ypu can even drill down to individual updates from either sites.

If your status has not updated since 30June, its either in transit or reached the destination port and awaiting to be processed by customs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you try this website?

17Track
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I was in the same boat without updates anywhere in any sites mentioned above. 2 shipments from aliexpress. Almost 2 months passed and I had given up on those 2 shipments. Go
Thanks guys. I tried that site now (last weekend it seems site was not reachable.)
The status is same as seen elsewhere. No update after 30 June.
Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 15th July 2015, 10:41   #3584
BHPian

greenzcarcare

Ordered Collinite 845 from www.greenzcarcare.com. Delivery to Pune done within 24 hrs with Fedex. Very happy with their overall service and mail / SMS alerts.
Old 15th July 2015, 11:35   #3585
BHPian

Quote:
They did offer me a GC for Rs.100 which I promptly refused but asked them to change the price on their website if it was a error. But the product 24hrs after my complaint is still retailing at Rs.166 which raises a doubt from my side if the jacked up MRP is a deliberate ploy.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/mobile/dp/B...tag=your_order
I've seen and fallen for this and have been warning everyone about this on Amazon. I bought a NEWNIK V108 VAPORIZER for 1249/- wheras the MRP on the package was 1149/-.
I wrote back questioning these tactics and the cool reply was "we'll refund the 100/-" and to my horror a cheque for 100/- was dispatched via Fedex. Now talk about good customer service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks