Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:23   #3676
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Looks like amazon has started shipping with ( the terrible ) India Post. I placed an order for a 32 GB sd card, and could not collect it on Friday. I told the postman calling me to visit on Monday, since Sat'day my office was closed.

I see an "attempted delivery - insufficient address" on the speedpost tracking for Sat'day. If they could locate the place on Friday, why not on Sat'day ? And this is my office address , quite impossible to miss . I think they didn't even make an attempt on Sat'day and simply updated the tracking item. I'm still hoping the delivery will be made today. This is an amazon fulfilled item.

Amazon should tie-up with more responsible courier providers instead of India Post. In contrast , I provided an incorrect pincode to a snapdeal shipment sent through xpressbees courier, and they redirected the shipment by themselves and I see it's out for delivery today.
My last two orders from Amazon have been sent by India post. The first one reached me in one day (dispatched from bangalore).
My second order is taking time, but is also dispatched through India Post. Should reach today/ tomorrow. This is within the committed schedule, mind you. Just used to FK's one day service.
I think they are as good or as bad as any of the private players. Just their reach is much wider than most private couriers.

Last edited by hrman : 3rd August 2015 at 14:25.
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:46   #3677
BHPian

Has anyone tried ordering toys (action figures) from AliExpress? If yes, how's the experience being.
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:24   #3678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Use 17Track. That have an App too and is user friendly.

You'll get all details from its shipping till arrival at your door step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
of 15 shipments I have received I have seen tracking once it lands in India is not reliable as seldom there are regular updates on either " http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking or http://www.17track.net/en " .

it takes normally 21 to 23 days from day of shipping from China to Bangalore if sent by China Post Registered Air Mail. Rarely it gets delayed by a week, items sent to Mumbai is quicker to receive than to Bangalore by China Post Registered Air Mail and far more reliable than Bangalore.

I have also got items even though tracking shows as "sent Item Abroad"
Thanks I checked on 17Track. One of the items is through yanwen still shows only till landing in India. However another one that was shipped through China registered mail, shows "Send item abroad" Dont know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I was told by a seller to track here - www.indiapost.gov.in
It works well and shows me when item has been dispatched from Kolkata, when it has reached Chennai, when it has reached my local post office and also when it was delivered.
India Post website shows items not found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My item has no tracking data after 30 June. It is now 27 days since last update. You are relatively well placed.
My item was went to Kolkata from Beijing.

I hope I end up in a better situation haha.

BTW did you finally receive?
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:39   #3679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
My last two orders from Amazon have been sent by India post. The first one reached me in one day (dispatched from bangalore).
My second order is taking time, but is also dispatched through India Post. Should reach today/ tomorrow. This is within the committed schedule, mind you. Just used to FK's one day service.
I think they are as good or as bad as any of the private players. Just their reach is much wider than most private couriers.
I think I'll have to change my opinion on India Posts, they did deliver the item today.

I thought that they wouldn't after 2 unsuccessful attempts - that's the norm followed for speed post - and the second attempt appeared strange , but they did deliver on time today. . This was a within bangalore shipment , don't know how they'll fare for inter-city deliveries.
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:53   #3680
Senior - BHPian

Signs of Flipkart moving towards an app only platform are becoming more evident now.

Their daily deals are now available only on their app.
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:54   #3681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I thought that they wouldn't after 2 unsuccessful attempts - that's the norm followed for speed post - and the second attempt appeared strange , but they did deliver on time today. . This was a within bangalore shipment , don't know how they'll fare for inter-city deliveries.
I'd sent some icing colours in small pet bottles to a friend in Delhi. No other courier would take it citing the "liquids not allowed" rule. However, SpeedPost were happy to take it, charging less than half what a courier would have charged and it reached Delhi from Bangalore in 3 days. Very impressive.
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:03   #3682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Signs of Flipkart moving towards an app only platform are becoming more evident now. Their daily deals are now available only on their app.
Quite true. And this has resulted in me checking only Amazon.in's daily deals for the last few days

That said, I've found that recently its harder to find Flipkart Advantage items. I was looking at multimeters, and couldn't find even one that was from a Flipkart Advantage seller (WS Retail, or others). I'm not sure if it was due to what I was looking for, but I've felt that what Flipkart stock and ship themselves has somewhat narrowed in focus. And this is something else that has pushed me towards Amazon.in - I got myself a lovely Fluke multimeter via an Amazon Fulfilled order.
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:24   #3683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Good for you. Go for PS4 instead if budget permits.
Have a huge collections of PS3 Games and cant afford to throw them away.

Lack of backward compatibility has made the PS4 an extremely expensive affair for me.
Old 6th August 2015, 12:26   #3684
BHPian

BHP-ians who have bought dbrand skins online:

Is it safe to opt for the risky shipping option? Did you receive the package on time?
I am asking this as I don't want to pay $30 for the tracked shipping, which would be more than the total cost of the skin.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:47   #3685
BHPian

A bad experience from Tolexo.com.

On July31st, I placed order for a high ankle safety shoes and a speedwav tyre pressure gauge in this site and paid the amount using my card which was confirmed by a mail from tolexo.com. It stated the order id and transaction id.

August 1, I received a mail stating the pressure gauge has been shipped through DTDC and it had a tracking Id. To my surprise, the tracking id is not working with DTDC tracking. On August 4th, I called up tolexo's cc number regarding this and I was literally shocked to hear that the courier company is not dtdc, but its dotzot. I double checked my mail to confirm this and it was mentioned dtdc. How unprofessional.

August 5th, there was no information about the shoes and again called up the cc and I was informed that the shoes is out of stock and the executive doesn't have any idea when it will be in stock. This was not informed till the day I enquired. I requested the executive to cancel the order and refund the amount, which he promptly did. The amount is yet to reach my account for which I was informed that it will take another 5 days. This shoes was well in stock and had a next day shipping when I ordered this.

Funny part is, every time I call up the cc, ill get a message and a mail stating your order has been confirmed. It happened even for cancellation. I've not yet received any mail about cancellation.

It was my first order on tolexo.com and it happened like this. I've genuine doubt regarding this site about its authenticity. In this era of online shopping, this guys need to grow a lot if they have to survive.
Old 6th August 2015, 15:28   #3686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
A bad experience from Tolexo.com.
I remember looking up this site while looking for Stanley tools.

It seemed alright until I decided to check their FB page for reviews.

Almost every single post was how their order experience was bad. I would steer clear of Tolexo!
Old 6th August 2015, 16:06   #3687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Purchased it yesterday for 1999/- from Snapdeal Thanks for the lead.
Saw the price has increased to 2476 today..

BTW, the Yu fit band was up on Amazon today at 12 noon and got sold out in a few seconds.
I am using the Blaupunkt 2.0 FHD dash cam since the past two days.
I ordered a 32GB micro SD card separately and am using this with the cam.

Initial impressions are as follows:
The camera is really small in size. The quality of the dash mount is nice and seems good. The quality of videos recorded in 720p HD mode are great when viewed in the computer. The dash cam automatically switches on during ignition and switches off when the engine is shut off. There are modes where you can get it to record in loops, turn off the screen after one minute, use it in still camera mode etc.

All in all, its a VFM device for 1999/- (now 2300 less 10% disc for APP purchases) , with 2 years warranty. There are many grammatical and spelling mistakes in the instruction manual, since it is made in China.
I have to somehow figure out how to conceal the wire in the car, since they have thoughtfully provided an extra long connecting wire.

Last edited by hrman : 6th August 2015 at 16:11.
Old 6th August 2015, 17:34   #3688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I remember looking up this site while looking for Stanley tools.

It seemed alright until I decided to check their FB page for reviews.

Almost every single post was how their order experience was bad. I would steer clear of Tolexo!
True. Their mailers contain drool worthy offers. That is where the customers are getting hooked. Since, it was my first order, the order value, after all discounts was 470rs. This was like a test dose and it failed miserably.
Old 7th August 2015, 07:45   #3689
BHPian

Quote:
I am using the Blaupunkt 2.0 FHD dash cam since the past two days.
I ordered a 32GB micro SD card separately and am using this with the cam.

Initial impressions are as follows:
The camera is really small in size. The quality of the dash mount is nice and seems good. The quality of videos recorded in 720p HD mode are great when viewed in the computer. The dash cam automatically switches on during ignition and switches off when the engine is shut off. There are modes where you can get it to record in loops, turn off the screen after one minute, use it in still camera mode etc.

All in all, its a VFM device for 1999/- (now 2300 less 10% disc for APP purchases) , with 2 years warranty. There are many grammatical and spelling mistakes in the instruction manual, since it is made in China.
I have to somehow figure out how to conceal the wire in the car, since they have thoughtfully provided an extra long connecting wire.

Is the deal still available? If so which site. I was shocked to see the price you got it for, at the same time jealous After seeing other branded dash cams for ~Rs 5000 I did not want to invest in one.
Old 7th August 2015, 07:51   #3690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post

Is the deal still available? If so which site. I was shocked to see the price you got it for, at the same time jealous After seeing other branded dash cams for ~Rs 5000 I did not want to invest in one.
Its Rs2300 and 10% off if you order via their App:

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/blaupu...g/656059560877

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks