Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 08:39   #3691
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

bhpians

How to make use of the SBI card offer in flipkart?

I pay in full and the 10% off will return to the bank account?

UPDATE:

The reduced price showed after entering card details. Much better than snapdeal cashback offer.

Last edited by ramzsys : 7th August 2015 at 08:57.
Old 7th August 2015, 09:44   #3692
Distinguished - BHPian

Ali is running 25% discounts on Caska HU and IRVMs. The IRVM looks to be interesting.
Old 7th August 2015, 09:55   #3693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
A bad experience from Tolexo.com.
I also kept getting the Tolexo ads on Team bhp web page and had shortlisted 'Safetix' Trainix steel toe boots. They were shown out of stock so checked out the 'Safetix' company's website and they do have an option to order online via 'Safetyshoebazaar'. Ended up ordering 'JCB' high ankle boots from them and its currently in transit. Will update you on my experience with this site.
Old 7th August 2015, 12:22   #3694
BHPian

A question

My friend bought a Galaxy S5 from Flipkart 3 days ago. It cost 23K then. Today it is selling at 20K due to the ongoing freedom sale with an additional option to save 10% via SBI card, bringing it down to 18K. A cool 5K discount.

Now the question: Can he return the phone and order again? Is it ethical? FK would be left with a open-box phone, right?

Isn't there a way he can get the discounts without going through the whole process?
Old 7th August 2015, 12:45   #3695
Senior - BHPian

Just got my purchase from Flipkart delivered. Was purchased during the Fashion sale which also had additional 15% discount for HDFC cards.

One Lee & One Lawman T-shirt
2 Code shirts

All the above for a measly 1330 (Total MRP from the tags is 5700). They fit well too and are of good quality. So pretty much happy with this deal (steal?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
A question

Now the question: Can he return the phone and order again? Is it ethical? FK would be left with a open-box phone, right?

Isn't there a way he can get the discounts without going through the whole process?
It is not at all ethical, but still people do it.
But remember, FK will not immediately refund. They will first replace the piece. If the replaced item is also defective/not satisfactory, then they will refund.
My advice, do not go the unethical way.

And No, he cannot get the discounts once bought.

Just think if he would have bought it from a store, would he get anything? Why misuse the facilities provided by FK.
Just ask your friend to enjoy his recent purchase and stop checking the online rates once bought. Gadget prices are always going to fall, almost every quarter.
Old 7th August 2015, 13:11   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post

if you are in the return window just do it. Why do you care of ethics? In the U.S. They price match reductions up to a month on their own items. Do not worry about the open box. Most items we order we get open box resealed. This is true for B&M stores too. I have received display items such as a fridge and a shoe rack from reputed retailers inspite of me telling them that I will check the serial number etc. just do what benefits you as long as you have not damaged the item being returned.
Old 7th August 2015, 13:24   #3697
Team-BHP Support

Flipkart is a stupid seller with differential pricing between the Web and the App.

I ordered the Mi Tab yesterday from the the website. Paid 12,999.

Today realized that the same is available for 11,999 on the App.
The item was dispatched from the warehouse. So I called customer care to check with them on what to do.
8 mins of listening to music and no executive later, I cancelled the order and booked it on the App.
Ended up using the SBI offer as well.
So finally paid Rs 10,799 for the Mi Tab.

I think its a super steal at that price.
Old 7th August 2015, 13:57   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
I also kept getting the Tolexo ads on Team bhp web page and had shortlisted 'Safetix' Trainix steel toe boots. They were shown out of stock so checked out the 'Safetix' company's website and they do have an option to order online via 'Safetyshoebazaar'. Ended up ordering 'JCB' high ankle boots from them and its currently in transit. Will update you on my experience with this site.
I have dealt with Safety Shoe Bazaar and have got safety shoes from them. Though it takes time to receive the product, the products have always been good.

Kiran
Old 7th August 2015, 14:10   #3699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Flipkart is a stupid seller with differential pricing between the Web and the App.

The item was dispatched from the warehouse. So I called customer care to check with them on what to do.
8 mins of listening to music and no executive later, I cancelled the order and booked it on the App.

They have a 'App Only' 'Sale' today and tomorrow. I see some major discounts. The Nexus 6 has a straight 5000 off (29,999) + exchange offers + 5% on SBI cards. So you can get it for 28,500 without exchange.

Similarly the Moto X 2nd Gen is 19,999 for the 16GB and 22999 for the 32GB, a Rs 2000 discount over the 'Website' price.

Even the newly launched Moto G 3rd Gen has a Rs1000 off on the App today.
Old 7th August 2015, 14:12   #3700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

They want people to buy from the app. That is their way of telling their investors "Look we were right. People prefer to buy via App. That is the future". This in turn buys them investor confidence. No one cares about profitability it seems.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:35   #3701
Senior - BHPian

I too had already placed a order for Zenfone2 4GB Ram 32GB storage and 2.3Ghz processor 2 days back - http://www.flipkart.com/asus-zenfone...9949&srno=b_15 @20k. I cancelled it today as I was getting additional 1k off through app plus 10% more off through SBI card. Re-placed the order at 17k. Cool saving of 3k. My earlier payment is supposed to be reverted in 7 days as I had not received the order till now.
Old 7th August 2015, 22:04   #3702
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Even the newly launched Moto G 3rd Gen has a Rs1000 off on the App today.
Can you point me to where you are seeing this Rs. 1000 off? I see the 3rd gen priced at 12999 from the app which is the regular price.
Old 8th August 2015, 00:24   #3703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Can you point me to where you are seeing this Rs. 1000 off? I see the 3rd gen priced at 12999 from the app which is the regular price.
It was there sometime in the morning. Don't see it now. Guess they removed it after they met some targets.
Old 8th August 2015, 08:20   #3704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Ashwin: From last year, customs does not allow any batteries to be imported (by end users like us). I have ordered batteries from US in the past, they have never reached me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Yes, I remember another TBHPian having issues with a powerbank he ordered off of AliExpress.
Here's something that might help clarify the position. Ordering just Li metal batteries will not be allowed, but ordering just Li ion batteries, or any Lithium battery with a product is fine. On that basis, power banks should not have a problem.
Source: http://www.dhl.co.in/en/express/ship...batteries.html

Quote:
A wide variety of electronic goods powered by Lithium Batteries are affected by the new regulations, regardless of whether they are rechargeable (Lithium Ion) or non-rechargeable (Lithium Metal). The regulations apply when:
◾Lithium Batteries are packed and shipped as individual items
◾Lithium Batteries are packed separately but shipped with equipment in the same box. Example: A cell phone with a replaceable Lithium Battery
◾Lithium Batteries are contained or installed in equipment and therefore shipped in the same box. Example: A computer tablet with an integrated Lithium Battery within the device that cannot be removed or replaced by the user

Following an IATA/ICAO decision to ban loose Lithium Metal batteries on passenger aircraft as from January 2015, DHL Express is likewise unable to accept these batteries on its network. The IATA /ICAO regulation applies to loosely packed Lithium Metal batteries adhering to Section II, PI-968 while Lithium Metal batteries packed with equipment (PI-969) or contained in equipment (PI-970) are acceptable for transport as before. There is no change to the regulations for Lithium Ion batteries.
Old 8th August 2015, 14:51   #3705
Distinguished - BHPian

Was in half a mind to replace my 2.5 year old nexus 4 as the battery seemed to be on its last legs and was having several assorted issues. Flipkart had the nexus 6 at 35k with 5000 exchange offer for my nexus 4 which I was looking at as I really liked the nexus 6. But was beyond my budget for a phone. So was holding off.

Then yesterday as part of their 'app only sale', they dropped the price again by 5000 and added the 10% SBI card offer. Which meant, I could get the nexus 6 for 23k. Felt that was a very good deal and took the plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
I think what I saw was the 10% discount using SBI cards. Which effectively means you can get 1300 off if you have a SBI credit or debit card ( this is not a cash back, it is a straight discount).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks