Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 11:44   #3751
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
It took about 6 days from Order placement (28th July) to final delivery (3rd August). I think it should take about the same time for you too.
For me, it showed the path from Bhiwandi (Mumbai), Pune and to Bangalore.
I received it today in fact just 10 minutes back. It looks really good, waiting to try it out. My only problem was the packaging, the main box containing the product was just enclosed in a courier cover without any bubble wrap or anything. Whereas the memory card I ordered for this cam from flipkart came in bubble wrapping.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:05   #3752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I received it today in fact just 10 minutes back. It looks really good, waiting to try it out. My only problem was the packaging, the main box containing the product was just enclosed in a courier cover without any bubble wrap or anything. Whereas the memory card I ordered for this cam from flipkart came in bubble wrapping.
Good. I think it meets all the basic requirements of a Dashcam at a reasonable price point. Mine arrived with a proper corrugated box to house the product box of the dashcam. So no complaints on that front.

Meanwhile, anyone had any luck with the MI Powerbank 16000mAh flash sale yesterday? I was able to purchase it yesterday. The Mi band and the Powerbank went out of stock in 4-5 seconds.
After placing the order yesterday at 2:01 pm, the fedex status shows it out for delivery at 12 noon today. And this is in less than 24 hours. (Bangalore to Bangalore)

Will use it and post a review. From the reviews on the net, it is the most VFM powerbank available today, at 1399 for 16000mAh. The genuineness cannot be doubted as it was from the MI site.

Any suggestions on a good and reliable 2A wall charger? I have ordered a Syska 2a charger from Amazon yesterday. Cost me around 270 Rs. Will have to check it out too. Have had a so so experience with an ERD charger. I am not ok to spend 500 bucks on a 2A charger. Any suggestions for reliable one with a lower price point will be helpful.

Last edited by hrman : 12th August 2015 at 12:07.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:18   #3753
Senior - BHPian

On flash sales : What I think is these e-retailing websites reduces or increases the number of pieces available for flash sale based on the live number of users login at the time of flash sale. For e.g. if 1000 units were to go for flash sale and if the actual number of users who have login on the flash sale page are around lets say 500, these websites cleverly reduces the number of units for sale to 400-500 so that when the time comes to hit the buy button the whole lot of 500 units is sold in 4 or 5 seconds, thereby indirectly conveying a fake message to users that their product demand is very high. This logic is further supported by how these companies put their products for open sale for a day or two in between flash sales and hardly they sell the whole lot in these open sales. This is only my guess. what do you guys think?

@as for the power bank, guys I purchased Adata power bank for 750 Rs. Will try and post review after I receive it. Thanks for everyone who gave their inputs.

Last edited by mercedised : 12th August 2015 at 12:21.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:35   #3754
BHPian

I do not understand Flipkart's exchange offer scheme on mobiles. The Moto X 2nd gen is available with a maximum discount of 10k off on exchange, but the max discount is offered only for a iPhone 6, Moto turbo, Samsung S6, etc., I mean who is crazy enough to exchange a Moto turbo for a Moto X 2nd gen. Flipkart should get its act together and offer higher exchange prices for phones that are older than the ones they are selling now.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:40   #3755
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need advice. Had purchased 2 products, SSD and laptop on Republic day through Amazon under the 10% cash back scheme for American Express card users. There is no cash back till now and upon calling them thrice, their reply is the standard " We understand the inconvenience caused and we will work on it." How do I get it back ? The 10% amount was supposed to come in form of amazon gift card by 15th May!

Last edited by blackwasp : 12th August 2015 at 18:41.
Old 12th August 2015, 22:20   #3756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I have approx 2 TB of english movies and serials on DVD's. I am thinking of backing this up on a HDD, but need something that can be connected to my plasma via hdmi for easy access. Any suggestions on what to buy?
I use a Samsung Seagate 3TB HDD for my movies. Has worked great for last 2 years or so with my LG 42" LED TV - the HDD is of course externally powered.

Have also bought a Kinivo HDMI switch (5 inputs) for easy use. Have a Chromecast, Blu-Ray player, Samsung HDD, STB so far. Next maybe a PS3 or Xbox? :-)
Old 12th August 2015, 22:42   #3757
BANNED

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
shopping thread). Got it for Rs. 1881 which includes a 10% cashback using SBI CC. .
Gannu Bhai, what is the CODE to get this offer?
Old 13th August 2015, 09:02   #3758
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Gannu Bhai, what is the CODE to get this offer?
IIRC there was no code. Make the payment using an SBI CC and you'll get the cashback later. Cashback takes a while unlike PayTM which does it in a few hours'/days' time.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th August 2015 at 09:36.
Old 13th August 2015, 14:58   #3759
BHPian

Ordered for a kids bed from fabfurnish.com and the product was delivered to me on time but upon opening the outer carton the dimensions mentioned on the product box was different from what was mentioned on their website making the product useless for me. So called up their customer care number and reported the problem on Aug 3rd and I was assured that the return will be done in 48hrs but it's been already 10 days and there is no sign of response from their side. If I call their CC number they either say the same had been forwarded to their logistics dept or they'll call me back in 1hr and that doesn't happen at all. I paid for the order by COD.

Any advice on how to get my money back will be appreciated. TIA
Old 13th August 2015, 15:05   #3760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Ordered for a kids bed from fabfurnish.com
If you were following the discussion here for the past few weeks, you'd have known fabfurnish is best avoided these days:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I paid for the order by COD. Any advice on how to get my money back will be appreciated. TIA
That's the downside of COD and the reason I don't use it. You are SOL unless you go to the consumer court.
Old 13th August 2015, 16:59   #3761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If you were following the discussion here for the past few weeks
I did see the posts but after showing the kids bed to my little Angel and wifey. Did search other websites and B&M stores in my city but couldn't find anything close to that atleast so I decided to take a plunge after having a chat with their CC :banghead: but did not expect the dimensions to be screwed up in their website.
Old 13th August 2015, 17:28   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Guys, need advice. Had purchased 2 products, SSD and laptop on Republic day through Amazon under the 10% cash back scheme for American Express card users. There is no cash back till now and upon calling them thrice, their reply is the standard " We understand the inconvenience caused and we will work on it." How do I get it back ? The 10% amount was supposed to come in form of amazon gift card by 15th May!
When I read the offer few days ago, it stated that cashback will be credited by November.

So, I don't think you will get it so soon.
Old 13th August 2015, 17:37   #3763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
When I read the offer few days ago, it stated that cashback will be credited by November.

So, I don't think you will get it so soon.
No. This was the republic day offer. Jan 26. Ages since then
Old 13th August 2015, 18:13   #3764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
There is no cash back till now and upon calling them thrice, their reply is the standard " We understand the inconvenience caused and we will work on it." How do I get it back ? The 10% amount was supposed to come in form of amazon gift card by 15th May!
It is best you send them a mail on it, with all details like the date of purchase/order no, etc. Anything in writing has always been more effective. You can also mention in the mail about your frequent calls to the CC which haven't been fruitful till now.
Old 13th August 2015, 18:36   #3765
Senior - BHPian

Mr Harsh Goenka (owner of RPG Enterprises, i.e Spice Telecom) posted on twitter today that Snapdeal, Amazon and FK lose (or spend) Rs 1.7, 1.9 and 2.2 for every rupee they make. If so, the party won't last much longer!

/He may have a vested interest being the owner of Spice whose a brick/mortar retailer in direct competition

Last edited by phamilyman : 13th August 2015 at 18:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks