Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 07:50   #3796
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Someone signed up Snapdeal with my email ID on 12th. Shockingly they dont verify email IDs. I complained on twitter asap. Standard assurances came.

On 14th, I got a product despatch email!! More empty promises on twitter.

On Sunday noon, I got pissed and found out I could click on "Cancel Order" in the original email itself, so I did the needful. Half a dozen tweets marking even Kunal Bahl besides the SD ID resulted in no followups.

I am thoroughly disappointed and pissed. Turns out Flipkart atleast sends a verification email upfront. SD doesn't.
you could have changed the delivery address. Ha-ha just joking.

Coming to snap deal, I have not faced too much issues with them in my limited dealings except once when I had ordered a Pioneer AV received which arrived faulty. It would not power on.

I immediately wrote to snap deal who asked me to take it to the nearest service center to get it repaired

I was shocked why should I compromise and get a new AVR repaired: and pressed for refund. However they kept repeating the same line. I had a small doubt that the problem might be with the power cord so finally I reluctantly took the AVR to the service center. They said that the problem is not with the cord and the AVR needs to be opened. I did not agree. No way that I was going to get my brand new AVR which arrived faulty get repaired and use. Immediately told them to write me a note that this AVR is not powering on and has not been opened.

Scanned this note and sent another strongly worded mail to Snap deal who then finally agreed for refund.
Old 20th August 2015, 10:24   #3797
rkg
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Snapdeal is positive, better than that of Amazon.
Purchased several items like Pioneer AVR for 15K , JBL speakers for 5K. No problem at all. Only problem is Ecom courier, that too Indira nagar branch. They delayed delivery.
Recently placed order for Godrej Safe @40% discount. They have kept their end of bargain and not cancelled it like Amazon did with its Amazon fulfilled order.
Old 20th August 2015, 10:39   #3798
Distinguished - BHPian

Brought a combo of Armorall ultrashine wax and polishing cloth from amazon. It cost 530 and I must say it's really VFM. Took forever to come though.

Last time I had paid around 500 for the wax itself.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150820_10_15_11_pro1.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150820_10_15_53_pro1.jpg  

Old 20th August 2015, 11:55   #3799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Someone signed up Snapdeal with my email ID on 12th. Shockingly they dont verify email IDs. I complained on twitter asap. Standard assurances came.

On 14th, I got a product despatch email!! More empty promises on twitter.

On Sunday noon, I got pissed and found out I could click on "Cancel Order" in the original email itself, so I did the needful. Half a dozen tweets marking even Kunal Bahl besides the SD ID resulted in no followups.

I am thoroughly disappointed and pissed. Turns out Flipkart atleast sends a verification email upfront. SD doesn't.
It could be that one of your well wishers has ordered a gift for you? Why don't you just wait for the surprise?

In other news, my item from China which I ordered in last week of June is still somewhere between Kolkata and Mumbai.

The local post office does not have any details.

I requested a purchase protection extension by one week from the seller on Aliexpress. If I don't get the item in next 10 days, they will refund me the money.

However after waiting so long, I would really hope the item reaches me soon.

My previous experience with Hong Kong post was positive. This one with China Post was disappointing. I don't know why the item was sent to Kolkata instead of directly to Mumbai.

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th August 2015 at 11:56.
Old 20th August 2015, 12:06   #3800
BHPian

Flipkart impresses once again. I ordered a basic Motherboard from them and it turned out that the processor slot pin was bent.

I placed a return request on the same day at 8 PM. I got a call from them next day at 12 PM. They accepted my refund request and they stated a 7 working day time frame for the refund.

The pickup was scheduled same day and my reverse pick up was done at 3 PM. I got the money back into my account through IMPS at 4:30 PM, which makes it almost 20 hours for everything.

Throughout, in the call, e-mail and SMS, they were very apologetic. This is incredible and quite amazing service. I am very happy that an Indian company does this level of service. I will continue to be a happy flipkart customer.
Old 20th August 2015, 14:34   #3801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
It could be that one of your well wishers has ordered a gift for you? Why don't you just wait for the surprise?
I have the delivery address. Its a namesake of mine in Morena who has ordered a bag for himself using COD.

What would have been solved by letting them complete the order?

Vibbs: Ive had an acceptable experience thus far. But in this case they've really pissed me off. Who was stopping snapdeal to cancel this order asap or hold it till email verification happened? No one.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:08   #3802
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazon is showing some chinks in the armor...

I ordered a pair of shoes from them at 50% discount. They turned out to be 0.5 size too large so I returned them. Absolutely seamless process, brilliantly executed. However, they offered me a slot of 9 am-1 pm the day after I returned it (around 10 pm). That surprised me but I assumed they were being hyper-efficient. They automatically changed the slot to 4 p.m., sent me a message saying "Your request for change in timing slot has been acknowledged and accepted" or some such. Bit annoying but since it didn't affect my return pickup I didn't bother further.

Ordered another pair from the site (also at 50% discount). Order went through, delivery window was confirmed. On the day they were supposed to deliver they auto-cancelled my order and said refund in process. Apparently the seller had run out of stock. Very annoying and not something you'd expect from the likes of Amazon.

Must say though that the user experience is A-grade. I shop occasionally on Amazon and every time I return there is something new and exciting they've added.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:13   #3803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
On the day they were supposed to deliver they auto-cancelled my order and said refund in process. Apparently the seller had run out of stock. Very annoying and not something you'd expect from the likes of Amazon.
This might not have been an Amazon-fulfilled item. From what I understand, Amazon's ERP tracks these items end-to-end, so if stock is running low in the warehouse then it also reflects on the website. Such realtime updates are not available for non-fulfilled items leading to bad experiences such as yours.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:29   #3804
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Optoma HD 141-X Full HD projector on amazon(.)com, on 10/08/2015. It got shipped by 12/08/2015 from US and got delivered on 18/08/2015. Excellent Service! All the taxes and duties were paid on amazon itself and the total cost came out tobe around 48,000 INR which is atleast 15K less than any Full-HD projector available in India at this time.

Last edited by mercedised : 20th August 2015 at 15:30.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:44   #3805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Amazon is showing some chinks in the armor...

Very annoying and not something you'd expect from the likes of Amazon.
Lately me too have experienced a lot of goofups at their end. Had ordered a few items during the independence sale and paid by HDFC card. Half hour later, I received a message that payment not succesful for one of the 4 items in the order ! Called up CC who mentioned due to overload, it could have happened and that I should wait it out till EOD.

Next day morning - received an SMS - order cancelled due to incomplete payment. Very strange. Called CC who as usual apologised and mentioned we will issue you a credit for the price difference on the product once you place new order and get it delivered. Thanked them heartily and asked them to cancel the entire order and issue refund stating I am no more interested in shopping on Amazon.

3 out of my last 6 orders they have goofed up. So their error rates are going way too high.

PS: I always go for the amazon fulfilled orders.

EDIT: Of course the usual "we will escalate this issue to the right department and you will receive an email on the same etc" has not yet happened, and I am not expecting any mail on the same

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 20th August 2015 at 15:49.
Old 20th August 2015, 17:01   #3806
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post

3 out of my last 6 orders they have goofed up. So their error rates are going way too high.

PS: I always go for the amazon fulfilled orders.

EDIT: Of course the usual "we will escalate this issue to the right department and you will receive an email on the same etc" has not yet happened, and I am not expecting any mail on the same
In my case , i got SMS and email stating that the item is being shipped. This message came 4 days after payment. Then on the 5th day they canceled the order.

"Of course it is Amazon fulfilled item"

So the excuses dealer run out of the stock etc etc does not hold good.
Old 20th August 2015, 19:49   #3807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
Automobile Items Sale on PAYTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
As a customer, you have to 'make hay while the sun shines'.
I agree, make hay when the sun shines. I have bought many things till now using this offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I must say that their customer support is not up to the mark, that's the price one would pay for receiving an healthy paytm cashback on each order
I have a different view, I have got instant response be it with recharges (Not happening when PayTm says Success) and when I have received two wrong items and one cracked item on delivery.

I have received replacement within a week and almost every mail that I have shot at them, received a reply within an hours time. Impressive. They seem to be doing well.
Old 24th August 2015, 15:07   #3808
BHPian

Looks like Flipkart is deferring the start date of the app only mode. I hope someone in their management sees senses on why the app only mode is not consumer friendly!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/48648649.cms
Old 24th August 2015, 16:47   #3809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
There are many price jacked items but there are good deals too. I am pretty shocked at some of the prices myself but am riding the wave on stuff that cannot be faked. For eg I purchased an asus 11.6 laptop for 21k whereas prevailing retail prices was around 24-26k in chennai. Got some other decent stuff too in terms of prestige cookware, branded handbags etc Purchased one fake looking Hugo boss EDT which I returned and promptly got a refund. So no issues with customer support and returns etc. infact my two returns till date got credited within an hour of the return pickup!...
I guess you're right, mom bought an AirFryer for Rs.2,650/- from PayTM. I checked AliExpress & it costs ~5,500/- even there!

So, I went ahead with the 13000mAH Ambrane Powerbank too.

(Links Underlined)
Old 24th August 2015, 17:07   #3810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I guess you're right, mom bought an AirFryer for Rs.2,650/- from
Hi....is that after using the Cashback option? Any reviews on the product you bought? Have been looking for one for my folks.

Most Viewed