Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2013, 01:20   #406
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

After a couple of recent bad experiences with returns & long turnaround / follow-up for payment reversals (with homeshop18 & futurebazaar), I have resorted to Cash On Delivery mode for orders. I see an advantage with this COD mode. The courier firm calls up for a confirmation before they bring in the goods. I now have the flexibility on when the item will be delivered

Last edited by null : 19th January 2013 at 01:21. Reason: edit
Old 19th January 2013, 07:51   #407
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Great experience buying a pair of shoes with bestylish.com.
Perfect price. Great product. Good delivery process. Painless experience. No worries.
Same goes as always for flipkart- nowadays I buy most of my books and CDs from them.
Amazon.com has always been good in my experience as has Amazon.co.uk for the usual stuff, books and DVDs.
Sendit.com as always is excellent for collector item DVDs and books.
Giftbig.com for gift cards. Quick service.
Royalimages web commerce engine is also good for select products like leather watch rolls etc.
Decathlon.in is also good on their service.
Ibhejo.com is a decent site because they delivered my iphone as promised in perfect condition.
TheMobileStore e commerce engine is also ok - they delivered my car bluetooth set very decently.
I am sad that they killed off 20North.com because I used to buy some superb trousers from them from the US. Now they have become a home ware site which I am not interested in.

So far, so good overall.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 19th January 2013 at 07:53.
Old 19th January 2013, 08:53   #408
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am sad that they killed off 20North.com
I have used IShopInternational and had no issues with them and their markup was also quite reasonable.
Old 19th January 2013, 09:35   #409
BHPian

There is a website www.akosha.in they take your complaints for any e-commerce business not being able to meet expectations of the buyers.

Lots of resolved complaints of timtara.com and others too.

-- I am no where associated with the website.
Old 19th January 2013, 13:57   #410
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
There is a website www.akosha.in they take your complaints for any e-commerce business not being able to meet expectations of the buyers.

Lots of resolved complaints of timtara.com and others too.

-- I am no where associated with the website.
This is a good input. I will share it with my pals.
Old 19th January 2013, 14:01   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought shoes and a watch from Jabong.com. Shoe turned out perferct, no issues. The watch stopped working after a day. Contacted customer support and they promptly arranged the reverse pickup and within 2 days of complaining, the amount was credited back. BUT as Jabong credits. I have requested them now to credit it back to my account. They can do that, but it will take around 7-12 days it seems.

Overall an OK experience. I guess the cell must have died in the watch otherwise it was all good. One thing I learnt is, its very important to keep all the tags and packaging intact for items bought online. Luckily I hadn't thrown off anything.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 19th January 2013 at 14:02.
Old 19th January 2013, 16:25   #412
BHPian

Anyone have experience with http://lightake.com ?

Payment query : how do i pay in $$ with an Indian credit card ? what kind of charges are typically over and above the marked up price on the portals.
Old 19th January 2013, 18:15   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I would say you are lucky in that case as Indiatimes.com is known fpr the worst customer care service.
+1. I had a similar experience whereby Indiatimes sent something altogether unwarranted in place of the item I ordered. On contacting customer care, they sent a mail after 3 days stating that I should courier the item back with full instructions and then the'll arrange a replacement. They were not ready to get a reverse pickup done. Since the item was about 350 only, there was no point spending around 150 on shipping it back so I've now just withdrawn from Indiatimes for last 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Payment query : how do i pay in $$ with an Indian credit card ? what kind of charges are typically over and above the marked up price on the portals.
Typically, your credit card MITC (most important terms and conditions) would have contained a schedule of charges and any VISA/MasterCard/AMEX card can be used for payment in any foreign currency online. They use the existing exchange rate to bill you, plus an additional fee for foreign currency spend which is between 3-5$ from card to card. If you haven't received the MITC, just call the customer care and they'll let you know the charges.
Old 19th January 2013, 19:21   #414
BHPian

Anyone shopped from dx.com, do they levy a surcharge if you swipe an Indian credit card?
Old 19th January 2013, 22:04   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Anyone shopped from dx.com, do they levy a surcharge if you swipe an Indian credit card?
People here love dealxtreme. Standard conversion rates apply (depending on the bank). Nothing extra. Shipping is free. But order and forget about it for the next 3-6 weeks. I have always recieved the products intact. And the low price and free shipping compensates for the time delay.

For dog lovers, I recently used dogspot.in to buy a couple of bottles of Nutricoat. Recommended. Shipped within 2 hours of placing the order. And recieved the product in 72 hours.

Has anyone used Fabfurnish.com?

Last edited by akshaymahajan : 19th January 2013 at 22:06.
Old 27th January 2013, 11:09   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any feedback on sulekha .com? i am planning to buy a phone and apparently sulekha has the lowest price. Is it safe ?

Also any other suggestions for online where i can get the lowest prices on mobiles?(Other than flipkart,ebay,etc)
Old 27th January 2013, 12:26   #417
BHPian

Bought Samurai Power Compact Battery ( for charging mobiles,iPhone,ipad) from Infibeam.They have a Majic Box deals daily at heavy discount.
This one bought for Rs 810 at a 74% dsc! Received within 3 days,packing is great and product is useful.I trust them as I have bought many.Their replacement policy is also customer friendly.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:21   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Choose carefully the products you buy from here. I have mixed experiences with them. Some of the small stuff that I got from them arrived broken and could not be used at all, whereas some came in great packing. The HDMI cables that I bought there are cheap and great. Takes a long time to come though.
Old 28th January 2013, 12:06   #419
Senior - BHPian

Below average experience with Flipkart this time for a change!

Ordered a book on 8th Jan. Delivery was supposed to be in 10 days (so by 18th). called them on 18th and was told it was still not procured and they would positively be shipping it to me by 28th (so 10 more days). Its 28th today and still no signs of it being shipped. They did not bother to update me as well. Disappointed.
Old 29th January 2013, 07:45   #420

Recently got 2 Homeshop18 coupons, Coupon value is INR 200 (Applicable for Min purchase of INR1500 and above), Valid till 28th Feb 2013. Its of no use for me, If anyone needs just PM/DM me.

JC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks