Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 14:32   #4261
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
You must try FirstCry.com for pampers.

If i order before 12 PM, its delivered the same evening!

Mostly its delivered in one day - that too for free (if order value is > Rs. 500).

Really impressed with XpressBees.
Well, Firstcry is never able to match the pricing of Amazon. 450 for Large size pamper pants is too low, when the mrp is 699.

Also, firstcry's warehouse is at Chakan (Outskirts of pune). Had ordered a few items and they still took 2 days to deliver.
Old 9th November 2015, 14:54   #4262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
EDIT: So let me take a guess - something for your shiny new EcoSport?
Thanks arunphilip..It is SS Scuff Plates. The one's on aliexpress looked much better than the ones available on amazon,flipkart etc in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Delivery - pls expect it to be a little slow, may be 5-6 weeks. But it normally comes ..
Thanks Condor..Taken the plunge. I hope it turns out to be a pleasant experience for me.
Old 9th November 2015, 15:09   #4263
Distinguished - BHPian

Deepak .. if I am correct ..
The key is risk. I have done low risk purchases. And things that are not urgent. Things that available there at a much cheaper rate.
Old 10th November 2015, 09:56   #4264
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart going back on APP only business model and launches mobile version of website.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49730173.cms
Google's decision to rank lower the websites with no mobile version and customer apathy has startled Flipkart.
Old 10th November 2015, 23:27   #4265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Flipkart going back on APP only business model and launches mobile version of website ... ... ...
Ha Ha! This is a good one indeed. Maybe they did actually hear the discontent, and get the message that some of actually did not want apps, especially apps with permissions to get their fingers into all the private corners of our phones.

I'm not sure what Google had to gain in (accidentally?) encouraging this, but... good!
Old 10th November 2015, 23:52   #4266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm not sure what Google had to gain in (accidentally?) encouraging this, but... good!
It's got everything to do with Google. Google decided to penalise websites which insist on installing the app every time you visit the website, which is exactly what Flopkart was doing. It went live on Nov 2nd and now Flopkart launches mobile website. Coincidence? I think not.

More details below :

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...lty-21131.html

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 10th November 2015 at 23:55.
Old 11th November 2015, 02:09   #4267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
It's got everything to do with Google. Google decided to penalise websites which insist on installing the app every time you visit the website, which is exactly what Flopkart was doing. ... ... ...
Great. Thank you to Google. But what's in it for them? I'm sure they are not doing this to make the customer's lives better?
Old 11th November 2015, 03:15   #4268
BHPian

Quote:
Great. Thank you to Google. But what's in it for them? I'm sure they are not doing this to make the customer's lives better?
It benefits both google and the customers.

Customers - easier to navigate webpages on mobiles

Google - it makes money through advertisements. By preventing sites from redirecting them to their apps, what google wants to achieve is basically easy indexing of pages. Mobiles pages usually load faster and are easier to navigate. By indexing and allowing for its own mobile applications to access that information allows it to generate Ads based on the webpage you are visiting. i.e. visiting a nexus 5x review page and being shown an Ad of Nexus 5x sold by Amazon or you visiting a website of a good restaurant and Ads showing a map direction for it that is nearest to you. Of-course this can be done on a regular webpage also, but because the webpage is large the Ad could be in any corner, they can go unnoticed. Making it mobile friendly makes the page appear in a single flow top to bottom, less chances of the Ad not being seen. And yea also for the customers

Last edited by falconion : 11th November 2015 at 03:17.
Old 11th November 2015, 03:23   #4269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Their revenue from Google ads
Old 11th November 2015, 06:49   #4270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Protection for Ipad Mini 2

Hi Guys,

Recently got my hands on Ipad mini 2. Want to gift it to kids. Only concern is the protection for the Ipad mini, since kids will definitely mishandle it.

Can you kindly suggest a good smart cover / case for the same ?

And do we need something like tempered glass [ like have for our mobiles ] to protect the screen from damages due to accidental falls ?

Any brands or model references for the above will be highly appreciated
Friends,

Any help or pointers in this aspect will be highly appreciated.

Waiting for your inputs
Old 11th November 2015, 12:59   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Flipkart going back on APP only business model and launches mobile version of website....

Google's decision to rank lower the websites with no mobile version and customer apathy has startled Flipkart.
Quote:
Ha Ha! This is a good one indeed. Maybe they did actually hear the discontent, and get the message that some of actually did not want apps, especially apps with permissions to get their fingers into all the private corners of our phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
It's got everything to do with Google. Google decided to penalise websites which insist on installing the app every time you visit the website, which is exactly what Flopkart was doing. It went live on Nov 2nd and now Flopkart launches mobile website. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote:
I think the new lite version looks very much like an app and would have access to the device. Read on Times of India that they were working with Chrome to enable the offline browsing , and also allow access to the device.

I dont know why they need to have a lite version? Enabling offline might help, but anything that accesses my device is a big NO.
Old 11th November 2015, 13:03   #4272
Team-BHP Support

Not that I want anything to do with Flipkart's app (lite or otherwise), but their full-fledged app has major performance issues on low/mid-spec devices. I was forced into installing for a few mins recently as all discounts on something I wanted to buy were app-only, and it was a horrendous experience to complete my transaction.

I'd much rather buy from the portal (if/when I want to buy anything from them at all), but a Lite app (that's what it is, if it has device-level access) makes sense for people who can't or won't use a computer for their occasional online shopping, but don't want to lug a heavy, irritating app on their cellphones. Discounts being app-only is another factor.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th November 2015 at 13:15.
Old 11th November 2015, 15:59   #4273
Senior - BHPian

Amazon wins this round for me. Had ordered a pair of shoes on 6th on flipkart. Still being processed. OTOH, had ordered a pair of running shoes on Amazon as part of their lightning sale on 9th. It has already reached me. Amazon logistics seems to be on a roll.
Old 11th November 2015, 22:03   #4274
BHPian

Recently wanted some furniture for home. UrbanLadder says they do not deliver to the Pincode that i stay so had no choice to order from Pepperfry. Bought a sofa and bed. Both came damaged. Logged complaints with Pepperfry.

Their options:

1) Will give 30% and 60% on sofa and bed respectively, continue to use the damaged products.
2) Log a refund request - Refund will take place between 2-4 weeks. They do not have a replacement policy or cannot arrange the broken part to fix the problem !

Meantime ordered a coffee table from Mebelkart. Their pricing was good, and though longer delivery time, they honoured the date. However, the product has damages at mutliple places. Their customer service do not bother to respond so i have to live with it. Since the table isnt costly i am not going to pursue this further.

Terribly disappointed with online furniture site. Now i am really apprehensive to try again. I see ebay got some good deals but not sure.
Old 11th November 2015, 22:09   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
Protection for Ipad Mini 2

Hi Guys,

Recently got my hands on Ipad mini 2. Want to gift it to kids. Only concern is the protection for the Ipad mini, since kids will definitely mishandle it.

Can you kindly suggest a good smart cover / case for the same ?

And do we need something like tempered glass [ like have for our mobiles ] to protect the screen from damages due to accidental falls ?

Any brands or model references for the above will be highly appreciated

Quote:
Friends,

Any help or pointers in this aspect will be highly appreciated.

Waiting for your inputs
Really Off-Topic and none of my business, but couldn't help asking!

Why are you gifting an iPad to the kids who might mishandle it, and not a low end Tablet like say iBall??

To the point -
I don't think there's any case/cover available which can stand constant mishandling by a kid..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks