Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2015, 21:07   #4291
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Freshmenu sent me this coupon code for Rs. 100 off your order. I was asked to share it with my friends, so here goes: FRESHNOV

I am in Bangalore and have no idea when it expires. I suspect it is good for all off November from the name. You can try your luck if you're outside Bangalore too.
Old 15th November 2015, 11:43   #4292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Nope. I'm not taking that one online. I'm super-impressed by Ms Vasanthi, who delivers, cuts and cleans our fish. She would fillet it, but I do a better job.
Yep, our modus operandi when we were living in Chennai. But here in Bangalore it is a different story. The fish we get are either vastly overpriced or heavily chemically preserved. Cleaning is not professional at all (nobody can de-vein a prawn correctly). This way at least we are getting it "from home". :-)
Old 15th November 2015, 11:55   #4293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nobody can de-vein a prawn correctly
Actually, my wife does that. She's a vegetarian too! But she was used to cooking non-veg for her grown-up children, and now she does it for me. Anf, sometimes, the cat
Old 17th November 2015, 11:27   #4294
Senior - BHPian

Just found this new shopping site. Looks interesting but don't know. Stuff available for Rs.1.

Anybody try this yet?

link : http://www.mysmartprice.com/

Steps to Avail Happy Hour Deals:
*Step 1: Add our Chrome Extension to vote for the deal you want. Click here to add Chrome Extension http://goo.gl/cLDxug
*Step 2: Buy the most voted deals on every Sunday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
*Step 3: Make Payment for the entire amount of the product mentioned on the partner websites
*Step 4: After purchase fill this google form to claim the entire Cashback for the purchase - https://goo.gl/VfCoU1
Terms & Conditions:
*Only MySmartPrice is responsible for giving the Cashback Amount in your Bank Account for your purchase.
*Offer is only valid till stock lasts.
*Cashback can be availed only for 1 product per user in happy hours
*Once we confirm you haven't cancelled the order we will credit cashback directly to your Bank account within 4 Weeks.
*In case any fraudulent activity by user is found, you will not be eligible for any cashback.
*For any queries write to us at happyhour@mysmartprice.com
Old 17th November 2015, 12:41   #4295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
*Step 3: Make Payment for the entire amount of the product mentioned on the partner websites
*Step 4: After purchase fill this google form to claim the entire Cashback for the purchase - https://goo.gl/VfCoU1
*Once we confirm you haven't cancelled the order we will credit cashback directly to your Bank account within 4 Weeks.
*In case any fraudulent activity by user is found, you will not be eligible for any cashback.
Looks suspicious. No idea about this website, whether genuine or not. But 4 weeks for cashback and filling a google form with bank account details don't give a good feeling.
Old 17th November 2015, 13:34   #4296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Looks suspicious. No idea about this website, whether genuine or not.
Did some research. They are funded by Accel so probably have a viable business plan. Risk is your's, of course.

http://www.medianama.com/2015/07/223...0m-investment/
Old 18th November 2015, 12:47   #4297
BHPian

My First bad experience with online shopping. That too with e-Bay.
Had ordered 2 DIMMS of Transcend 2GB DDR2 ram from a seller named Hynetstore, based out at Indore (My Hometown). Price was catchy 1100/- (1050+ 50 shipping) for each DIMM. Had ordered from him earlier as well, hence went ahead & ordered.

The package was delivered yesterday evening. I always have a habit of video recording while opening all online orders. Same here as well. Three issues (cheating i should say in this case).

1: Only one DIMM was delivered, second is missing.
2: It was not Transcend RAM. THe DIMM carries ADATA chips with only the sticker of Transcend RAMS. So obviousely product is fake or Refurbished ADATA DIMM with transcend sticker on it.
3: Best/Worst of all: This too is faulty. I got BSOD immediately after installing it. Would have settled for this as well had it worked with my existing setup. NO use.

Have contacted him Via e-mail, awaiting the response; else will claim refund leaving a Negative remark.

Bad end for my Diwali shopping. Two other orders from ebay were perfect. This one was an exception.
Fingers crossed for his response on solving this.

Regards,
Saurabh.
Old 18th November 2015, 13:14   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

The package was delivered yesterday evening. I always have a habit of video recording while opening all online orders. Same here as well. Three issues (cheating i should say in this case).

1: Only one DIMM was delivered, second is missing.
2: It was not Transcend RAM.

This is the hazard with online shopping. The burden of proof shifts to the buyer. As far as Ebay is concerned, you cant expect much of support. Once the package is delivered it is the buyers problem. Your best bet is to convince the seller.
I am struggling to close a similar case wherein an Amazon Seller has delivered a box without a DSLR camera. Though Amazon's policy is more buyer friendly, my case is hanging for over 20days.

For me no further high value purchase hereafter unless it is fulfilled by Amazon or Flipkart Advantage.

I can also see that cases of fraudulent buyers are also on the rise and I really don't see too much of future for online shopping unless a mechanism to control such frauds for both buyers and sellers are in place.
Old 18th November 2015, 14:16   #4299
BHPian

Quote:
You have nothing to worry about, especially since you have the video of opening the package. Just raise a return and refund request under Paisapay guarantee and it will be taken care of, am sure.
Old 18th November 2015, 16:28   #4300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had ordered 2 DIMMS of Transcend 2GB DDR2 ram from a seller named Hynetstore, based out at Indore (My Hometown). Price was catchy 1100/- (1050+ 50 shipping) for each DIMM. Had ordered from him earlier as well, hence went ahead & ordered.....
Yes, I had purchased RAM modules from Ebay as well. Same problem - fake stuff. But I didn't have any problems getting the claim settled from Ebay.
Old 18th November 2015, 19:44   #4301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Freshmenu sent me this coupon code for Rs. 100 off your order. I was asked to share it with my friends, so here goes: FRESHNOV

I am in Bangalore and have no idea when it expires. I suspect it is good for all off November from the name. You can try your luck if you're outside Bangalore too.
Hey, thanks for sharing! got a cool 100 rupees off on my bill of 400.
Old 19th November 2015, 16:35   #4302
Distinguished - BHPian

Seagate backup plus 1TB available on Amazon for 3949 right now.
Old 19th November 2015, 17:19   #4303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Hey, thanks for sharing! got a cool 100 rupees off on my bill of 400.
Shucks, didn't work for me.
Old 19th November 2015, 18:06   #4304
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any prior experience of dealing with Toyzstation.in?

I ordered a couple of toys for my nephew on the 16th of Nov. The description promised a 2-5 days delivery period. It's been three days, but the items haven't been despatched yet. Their team is one of the most indifferent one I have come across. Emails remain unanswered, calls non-responsive. A message to their Facebook page elicited this response - "Sir,There are so many orders these days.We will ship your item as soon as possible ".
How unprofessional is that?

I for one, won't be going back to them.
Old 19th November 2015, 18:21   #4305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Seagate backup plus 1TB available on Amazon for 3949 right now.
I can't see it in the app listing but it is listed as a lightning deal. Approx 4419 on the main page but at 3950 when you go to the product page.

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 19th November 2015 at 18:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks