Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 13:58   #4396
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I've refused to install these types of spying apps on my phone. We just retired an older smartphone, and I factory reset it and cleaned it out.

But I'd rather do that than part with my privacy.
In this aspect, I found the Myntra app to be the worst.
Me being still on Kitkat, I make sure I untick the "show notifications" in settings/apps.

No matter how many times I unticked the notification box, Myntra keeps on sending notifications and on rechecking the app settings, you will find it is again ticked.

A very stupid decision by the app developer to override user preferences, again and again.

Hence I just removed that app once and for all.
Old 18th December 2015, 16:17   #4397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
No matter how many times I unticked the notification box, Myntra keeps on sending notifications and on rechecking the app settings, you will find it is again ticked.
That was the final straw for me with Flipkart. It means it is even able to help itself to our system settings. Suppose might to have to install it for occasional bargains. Lets hope their developers don't find a way to make these apps un-uninstallable!
Old 18th December 2015, 16:24   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That was the final straw for me with Flipkart. It means it is even able to help itself to our system settings. Suppose might to have to install it for occasional bargains. Lets hope their developers don't find a way to make these apps un-uninstallable!
Issue was not with Flipkart app but Myntra.
And BTW, mobiles exclusively sold on Flipkart have their app pre installed on the phones, and these cannot be uninstalled, but only disabled.
Old 18th December 2015, 22:45   #4399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And BTW, mobiles exclusively sold on Flipkart have their app pre installed on the phones, and these cannot be uninstalled, but only disabled.
This is news to me. How can they do that? Is it only for some exclusive mobiles or all the mobiles?
Old 19th December 2015, 08:11   #4400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
This is news to me. How can they do that? Is it only for some exclusive mobiles or all the mobiles?
I expect it is all the mobiles for which they are the exclusive dealer. I bought a Moto E2 few months back (July) which had the FK app on it. Don't see why they can't do it (unless you want to argue they are taking up storage space that you need for other purposes).
Old 19th December 2015, 13:20   #4401
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT:

Quote:
You can root the phone and remove those pre-installed apps
Old 24th December 2015, 12:11   #4402
Senior - BHPian

Shopclues.com is having a 100% OFF sale (Re.1). The best time to buy something you don't need
Bought 3 items - Scratch remover pen, Wire cutter, and 2 bottles silicone multi-purpose liquid polish. Each item had 49 Rs. shipping charge, so the total came to Rs.150. Used 50 cluesbucks to make payment of Rs.100. No COD allowed.
Old 28th December 2015, 21:37   #4403
Distinguished - BHPian

Got spectacles from Lenskart since I wanted a spare to help me replace the lens of my main glasses. I took the first frame free thing and paid for the thin lens from KLAR. Though I will not comment on the quality of the frame(which is again very average) but suppose the same frame is sold for a price then it is totally not worth it. The bridge is coated with chrome very roughly which I earlier thought was power coated or such.

Coming to the lens, I dont think that as per their statement, they are cut and prepared automatically. While one side has the lens edge chamfered, the other side(left eye) lens is not chamfered and has sharp edges. The below image shows the difference:

The Online Shopping Thread-img_1064.jpg

The chamfered edge, though a nice touch from safety point of view, adds an opaque border around the lens, which defeats the purpose of going for frameless spectacles. The difference in the polishing is also very evident in the edges of the lens. What they claim is that the local optician delivers lesser fit and finish compared to their 'robotic' process. I am not sure which robot will forget the chamfering process itself. If they hadnt done on both sides, it wouldnt have been a cause of worry. Compare the finishing in the below image. The upper frame is my current frame and the one below is the one purchased from lenskart.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_1068.jpg

I was not so specific on the quality of the frame but at least I expected the lens to be finished properly. The alignment is also not close to being comfortable. I have raised a request to get the frame repaired or returned. Lets see how they will respond.
Old 28th December 2015, 21:50   #4404
BHPian

The order I placed mid-day at Aliexpress shows up on ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ with a date of mid-day the 17th. Mail Category and Next Office are both listed as unknown.

Does this mean it has arrived in India on the 17th? It was shipped China Air Post. No activity for 11 days!
Old 28th December 2015, 23:41   #4405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The order I placed mid-day at Aliexpress shows up on ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ with a date of mid-day the 17th. Mail Category and Next Office are both listed as unknown.

Does this mean it has arrived in India on the 17th? It was shipped China Air Post. No activity for 11 days!
What does 17track.net say for the same order?
Old 29th December 2015, 11:48   #4406
BHPian

As of this 11:40 am today, this is what 17track says:

Package Status: In Transit
Destination Country: India

2015-12-17 13:21 China, Receive item from customer (Otb)
Origin Country: China

2015-12-18 16:55 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported to each other (internal transit)

2015-12-18 14:38 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported to open

2015-12-17 13:28 Dongguan city post office parcel mail processing center, left, next stop "Center of Dongguan"

2015-12-17 13:24 Post Office parcel mail processing center in Dongguan, has

2015-12-17 13:21 Post Office parcel mail processing center in Dongguan, has received send
Old 29th December 2015, 13:45   #4407
Distinguished - BHPian

Relax, it's still in China. Check the status after a week. China post is the slowest and will take around 45 days to reach you.
Old 29th December 2015, 14:18   #4408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As of this 11:40 am today, this is what 17track says:
take a break ! Have a box of kit-kat's

Like Sagar said, it is still in China

It has to be sent from there .. then
The package is yet to land in India
After that it will go thru customs checks - that will take about 2 weeks
Then it has to come to your city. ..

Loooong wait !

btw, I suspect that the shoppers send them stuff in batches.
Old 29th December 2015, 16:30   #4409
BHPian

Sagar & Condor, thanks! I too thought it will take weeks. But how does an Indian Govt. website know of the tracking # then? Is it just info that China Air Post has communicated to India?

My first international order, so pardon the ignorance
Old 31st December 2015, 14:53   #4410
Senior - BHPian

Found this deal today:

https://shop.cardekho.com/bike-acces...e&results=3892

A pair of gloves that retail for Rs. 159. Can be bought for Rs. 79. Coupon Code is MSP80. The coupon code is valid only on prepaid orders. Free shipping too.

I had ordered it the day before and it has been delivered today.

I had ordered it for a friend as well. She got the delivery today and says that it is a steal for Rs. 79. The size is the same for everyone. So you might need average sized hands to fit into these.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks