Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:57   #4471
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You can get a refund, please try it. This happened to me with an Aliexpress order exact same way and I got a full refund.
Better avoid buying fragile, eatables, medicines online. I too had purchased a a tempered glass from ebay.in sometime ago. It looked all fine in the box, but the glass was cracked actually. The refund was refused. Got one fixed with a local shop by paying 20rs more than online price.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:48   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Better avoid buying fragile, eatables, medicines online. I too had purchased a a tempered glass from ebay.in sometime ago. It looked all fine in the box, but the glass was cracked actually. The refund was refused. Got one fixed with a local shop by paying 20rs more than online price.
I made two attempts to buy a tempered glass screen protector for my phone from Flipkart. The first time I opened it once I got home and discovered it was cracked. They agreed to replace it, and the second one too was cracked. (This time I checked before accepting the delivery itself). Ultimately they gave me a refund. Looking at how those eKart guys handle packages does not inspire a lot of confidence. Usually there's a Maruti van parked outside the office and a dozen or so packages spilled out, lying on the road by the side of it. These are randomly chucked back in by the delivery guys with no heed to what the contents might be.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:53   #4473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Both were shipped through China post with just the 11 digit tracking number like yours.
Anoop, this shipment cannot be tracked it appears. The sticker on the packet which had this 11 digit tracking number had UNTRACKABLE mentioned. JFYI. Hold on a for a while - it should turn up.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:02   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Last year I had complained that eBay is not keeping up with times, I mean, they were giving 3 weeks grace period for sellers to ship and another 2 weeks for shipping period, in effect a wait of 5 weeks in worst case. I think they have improved. Ordered a mobile case last week and the Jopasu duster the next day. At both times the delivery date was 3 days and I received within that time.
Hope they maintain this consistency
Old 22nd January 2016, 20:02   #4475
Distinguished - BHPian

I have purchased a few items from Aliexpress. 3 recent items are being processed through the local customs office. Previous items came thru the customs office at Kolkata. Hopeful change in process, for the faster delivery.
Old 22nd January 2016, 20:50   #4476
BHPian

Here is the tracking info for the parcel I had ordered from aliexpress. As the pic shows, the parcel went from Xiamen to Beijing and then is back again in Xiamen. Sent multiple mails and messages on aliexpress to the seller but no response yet. There is no update on the China post website since 15th Jan.
What should I do now? The 'open dispute' just shows a full refund option.
The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg
Old 22nd January 2016, 22:17   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Here is the tracking info for the parcel I had ordered from aliexpress. As the pic shows, the parcel went from Xiamen to Beijing and then is back again in Xiamen.
If the item is not urgent you should wait. I have had items delivered after three to four months. Recently I have been getting everything in 20-25 days.
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:06   #4478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Here is the tracking info for the parcel I had ordered from aliexpress. .. the parcel went from Xiamen to Beijing and then is back again in Xiamen. Sent multiple mails and messages on aliexpress to the seller but no response yet.
What should I do now? The 'open dispute' just shows a full refund option.
The sellers I have interacted with have been friendly & responsive. If the 39 day or 60 day period has not elapsed, then you could send them a friendly message that the parcel seems to have gone back.

If the 39 / 60 days has elapsed, you can ask for dispute / refund
Old 23rd January 2016, 12:19   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You can get a refund, please try it. This happened to me with an Aliexpress order exact same way and I got a full refund.

Thanks diyguy. I had asked for refund and Paytm was very quick to acknowledge and arranged for a pickup the very next day. I got the refund the same evening including the shipping costs. I have to appreciate the swift response.
However as the issue here is from the Seller who had the audacity to ship such damaged products, I have to follow up on whether Paytm blacklists or even penalises such Sellers. I have rated him 1 star.
Old 24th January 2016, 11:50   #4480
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

I had an interesting experience with Patanjaliayurved.net. My mom is an ardent follower and hence decided to purchase from them. Ordered on 28-Dec-2015. Product reached Chennai on 19th Jan. I got a call from the courier company to come pick up the products as they were short on "manpower". I just hung up and got a call 2 days later and they delivered the package on the 22nd.
Today there was an advert in The Hindu about their rice which I had seen was delivered was priced at Rs. 65 per kg. I remember having paid Rs. 700 for the 5kg pack. On checking the product at home, realized they had shipped me the cheapest basmati rice they offer while I had ordered the Diamond variety. Am sure this is not going to be refunded to me.

Wanted to warn others here to be careful with this site.

The real reason for my order was to get gulal colors for Holi which they claim is organic etc. Even that, they changed the colors and shipped me what was available. There is a hand correction from "yellow" to "pink". Unfortunately I threw away the invoice as I did not expect the swap of the rice issue. Not that it can possibly help.

Last edited by diyguy : 24th January 2016 at 11:56.
Old 25th January 2016, 18:18   #4481
Senior - BHPian

I had ordered shoes through PayTM a couple of weeks ago. They came in a few days, I tried them on, turned out to be big for me. So, I placed a return request online and the reverse pickup person called the very next afternoon. Since I was not around, I asked if he could come the next day. He came and took photos, sealed the box with cello tape, took dimensions, weighed the parcel, took my signature on his Parceled App and I got the acknowledgment immediately. Very nice

PayTM added the money to my online account in a couple of days.

Very smooth. I wish I did not have to return the shoes - they were really nice.

Has anyone ordered powerbanks from Aliexpress?
Old 25th January 2016, 18:39   #4482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I ordered a Mi 16000 Mah power bank, but the Indian Customs send it back. Raised a dispute and showed the tracking info which said returned by customs, so got the refund.

--Anoop
Old 25th January 2016, 18:53   #4483
BHPian

Can someone list the e-mail IDs of customer care for ebay.in?

I have raised a claim for a recent order and would like to mail to customer helpline also.
Old 25th January 2016, 18:59   #4484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I ordered a Mi 16000 Mah power bank, but the Indian Customs send it back. Raised a dispute and showed the tracking info which said returned by customs, so got the refund.

--Anoop
Batteries/Battery products are no longer allowed to be imported by Indian Customs. Even if you order, they will be sent back.
Old 25th January 2016, 19:13   #4485
BHPian

Re: Paytm Cashback?

I bought a Jopasu duster for INR 708 at paytm. They said effective price is INR 441, so thought difference would be credited into my paytm account. I got delivery of the item today, but the paytm balance is zero.

How does this cashback work? Am i missing something out here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks