Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2013, 12:00   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The wife concurs. There are niggles, like:

- if one orders n units of item P they might deliver only n-1.
Plus the availability of "delivery slot" is almost always couple of days in the future.
I agree that Big Basket always under deliver orders. Makes it frustrating at times. The key is to pay by cash or vouchers. Don't pay online else you will be forced to place the next order from them as they do not refund. They only give store credit.

On the other hand my experience with www.towness.in has been very positive. Great quality products, very fresh and if ordered before 7am, will deliver same day. Their delivery slots are from 3-7pm and 7 to 9.30 pm, which is good for working folk as well. And on the 10 occasions I have placed orders, only once did they deliver short. But they sent an SMS confirming short delivery and gave a free gift too. Try it out. Highly recommended.

Last edited by hrman : 9th February 2013 at 12:08.
Old 9th February 2013, 13:26   #437
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I agree that Big Basket always under deliver orders.
I have ordered only 4 times but I have never had any delivery problems in any of those orders.
Old 9th February 2013, 17:23   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have ordered only 4 times but I have never had any delivery problems in any of those orders.
Ok. Then you would be amongst the lucky ones. My own personal experience and that of 3-4 friends speaks otherwise. We have all faced shortage of delivery everytime from BB. But then we are all from Bangalore. maybe they are able to service the full order in Mumbai.

Last edited by hrman : 9th February 2013 at 17:25.
Old 9th February 2013, 19:25   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Ok. Then you would be amongst the lucky ones. My own personal experience and that of 3-4 friends speaks otherwise. We have all faced shortage of delivery everytime from BB. But then we are all from Bangalore. maybe they are able to service the full order in Mumbai.
I have a mostly positive experience with bigbasket. Have used their service many times. We were amonst the early shoppers so they gave us 10% off on each order last year. Delivery was after 1 or 2 days but I dont regard that as a problem really (as we were mostly ordering packaged stuff). veggies were also mostly fresh. Yes sometimes some stuff was missing but we always opted for CoD so it didnt matter. I can recommend them.
Old 12th February 2013, 20:50   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Recently I ordered a book on stackkart.com and it is a COD.
The book was worth Rs 1200. Today StackKart informed me that the price has gone up Rs 1800. I cancelled the order. Since its COD, no hassles of refund. The same book is available on HS18 for Rs 1300 (after discount).
Old 13th February 2013, 13:50   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Any experiences with ebay global easy buy? I am looking to order a few ND filters, value < US $30.
Old 13th February 2013, 22:31   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any experiences with ebay global easy buy? I am looking to order a few ND filters, value < US $30.
4 Stars for ebay global. Works flawlessly 90% of times. Though shipping time may vary a bit. You may definitely go ahead with your purchase.
Old 14th February 2013, 14:47   #443
Senior - BHPian

Very recently I did online shopping from follwing sites.
Pepperfry.com - Coffee Table, Delivered within the mentioned time (23 Working days), very good customer care & table was delivered with Excellent packing.
Homeshop18.com - Water purifier, perfume, clothings. Delivery within the mentioned time, water purifier arrived within 2 days (website mentioned as 7 working days). Excellent customer care , including calls, SMS & E-mail acknowledgement & tracking.
Infibeam - Book - Good experience, delievery on time.
Old 15th February 2013, 01:06   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Very recently I did online shopping from follwing sites.
Pepperfry.com - Coffee Table, Delivered within the mentioned time (23 Working days), very good customer care & table was delivered with Excellent packing.
Homeshop18.com - Water purifier, perfume, clothings. Delivery within the mentioned time, water purifier arrived within 2 days (website mentioned as 7 working days). Excellent customer care , including calls, SMS & E-mail acknowledgement & tracking.
Infibeam - Book - Good experience, delievery on time.
There are lots of horrible stories about the pepperfry's fraud activities in non delivery of items even after repeated commitments from the CC with fake AWB gimmicks and finally they will declare it as out of stock as per the most reviews. The most unbearable thing is they won't refund the money in case of item is out of stock or cancel of order. Instead, they will give you the pepperfry's coupons having validity of one week which they won't mention it.

Last edited by sajjt : 15th February 2013 at 01:09.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:27   #445
BHPian

Groupon. The first product I purchased was a backrest for the car seat that was really good. Thought of getting another one but the offer was already over. The second time I purchased a spice rack, the quality was really bad, tiny jars and flimsy plastics throughout. I chose to return it, cost me 400/- by courier, and received store credit valid for one year for the initial amount plus the courier charges. I wish they had free courier pickup for returns, like futurebazaar.com provides.

Snapdeal.com. Purchased a Nokia handsfree speakerphone that took nine days to arrive. The product never worked, and was dead on arrival. Inspite of calling their helpline and e-mailing them, all I have received, after four days, is a promise that their customer care will "get back" to me. Scratch this one from my list of online sites!

Flipkart has given me impeccable service for the last two years. Delivery has often been extremely quick, two nights from day of ordering to a maximum of four nights. The only time I had occasion to complain about a product that was not as advertised, I received a full refund within three days.

Last edited by filcord : 15th February 2013 at 12:33.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:49   #446
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a new battery for my mobile from Flipkart at 3PM yesterday. Got the battery delivered at 11AM this morning.
Top notch service from Flipkart. This is be on top of my list for any online shopping.
Keep it up.
Old 15th February 2013, 16:16   #447
BHPian

Voted for the 'Maybe depends on the value' option. Many a time I find that the so called Original Price quoted on the site, especially for electronic items, is the highest MRP and most of these items are available at reliable electronic stores at a much lower price.

I usually go either with only Flipkart or Snapdeal in the order that they are mentioned. I have bought once or twice from ebay but am not very comfortable with their business model wherein they act as a middleman only and responsibility of checking the genuineness lies with the buyer. I have not tried other sites like Jabong.com and groupon.

One site I would recommend everyone to strongly stay away is Timtara.com. Not a personal experience though, but heard lots of horror stories from my fellow IT junta. Even a simple google search is enough to tell the complete story.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:17   #448
BHPian

Guys,
on shopping.indiatimes.com there is midnight sale is going on.
use coupon code flash2102 and get 15% discount flat on most items including tablets and mobiles.
i just ordered ipad mini wifi + 3g 16gb, which cost 29,000 and after discount it was 25,415
this scheme is also valid on iphone5 and other high end phones.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:31   #449
Senior - BHPian

How are Saholic and Infibeam for shopping mobiles ?
Both have much lower priced listings than on Flipkart , and Infibeam promises a 24 hour shipping time, while Saholic offers 3 days delivery, or they will pay people for every day delayed..
Old 21st February 2013, 17:46   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How are Saholic and Infibeam for shopping mobiles ?
Both have much lower priced listings than on Flipkart , and Infibeam promises a 24 hour shipping time, while Saholic offers 3 days delivery, or they will pay people for every day delayed..
I recently purchased Xperia Tipo from Infibeam. Prices were significantly lesser than Flipkart. And in case you have Amex, you can use a coupon code to get additional off. Promised delivery was some 7 days but i got in 2 days. Not sure about 24 hours shipping, didnt see it when I made the purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks