Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 11:03   #4531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

@Adhiraj, use 17track.net
the tracking is fairly detailed. It will show when the package was sent to customs, when it comes back from there to Sub-Foreign Post office, and then sent to local sorting office.

After reaching local sorting office, it is 1-2 days for delivery.
Old 4th February 2016, 12:04   #4532
Team-BHP Support

Just a heads-up.

I happened to do a transaction on Aliexpress last month and the seller was supposed to revise the pricing of a product before I made the purchase. The usual procedure is, I add the product to the cart, the dealer edits the pricing and informs me and I do the payment. Unfortunately, my CC details were saved on Alipay and I clicked on the one-click payment (or whatever Ali calls this mode of quick payment) for 195 USD before the seller revised the pricing. I got the SMS that ICICI had charged my CC (Rs. 13580.15) for the payment but quickly cancelled it realising my folly.

Within 10 days, the payment was refunded but ICICI refunded only Rs. 12638.79 (I lost Rs. 941.36!). Spoke to a customer care personnel about this and he says transaction charges for international payments will not be refunded back in case of cancellations.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:01   #4533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Unfortunately, my CC details were saved on Alipay and I clicked on the one-click payment (or whatever Ali calls this mode of quick payment) for 195 USD before the seller revised the pricing. I got the SMS that ICICI had charged my CC (Rs. 13580.15) for the payment but quickly cancelled it realising my folly.

Within 10 days, the payment was refunded but ICICI refunded only Rs. 12638.79 (I lost Rs. 941.36!). Spoke to a customer care personnel about this and he says transaction charges for international payments will not be refunded back in case of cancellations.
In my case I have got some extra money from AliExpress. I had ordered a GT300(for $6), and the same was cancelled by Aliexpress
Reason : "Your order XXXX has been frozen due to suspicious seller activity"

Below is the account statement(CitiBank Credit Card):-
22/01/2016 WWW.ALIEXPRESS.COMLONDONGB 421.83
01/02/2016 WWW.ALIEXPRESS.COMLONDONGB 423.82 CR

May be this is because of the reason that the order was cancelled by AliExpress(and not by the customer)
Old 4th February 2016, 14:29   #4534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
In my case I have got some extra money from AliExpress. I had ordered a GT300(for $6), and the same was cancelled by Aliexpress
Reason : "Your order XXXX has been frozen due to suspicious seller activity"

Below is the account statement(CitiBank Credit Card):-
22/01/2016 WWW.ALIEXPRESS.COMLONDONGB 421.83
01/02/2016 WWW.ALIEXPRESS.COMLONDONGB 423.82 CR

May be this is because of the reason that the order was cancelled by AliExpress(and not by the customer)
Its not extra money. Its because of exchange rates.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:46   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody used order2india for online shopping? Just wanted to make sure it is legit and not a sham portal.
Old 4th February 2016, 19:38   #4536
BHPian

I am planning to gift a Sweater/ Wearables to my In-laws in Pune . I was thinking of going through online route , any good reviews of an online merchant.

I have used FlipKart/Amazon before for Cellphone et..But not sure about vendors for sweater/shirts. Can anyone provide guidance ?

P.S. Saw Jabong online dealing with Montecarlo. Heard Jabong name for the first time.
Old 4th February 2016, 19:41   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
I am planning to gift a Sweater/ Wearables to my In-laws in Pune . I was thinking of going through online route , any good reviews of an online merchant.

I have used FlipKart/Amazon before for Cellphone et..But not sure about vendors for sweater/shirts. Can anyone provide guidance ?

P.S. Saw Jabong online dealing with Montecarlo. Heard Jabong name for the first time.
Jabong/myntra/Flipkart/Amazon all are good , i have been with them for last three years and its good . Moreover you get better brands than montecarlo .
Old 4th February 2016, 19:53   #4538
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions!

Wow! just looked at myntra website and they have gone solely the mobile route. Are you serious?

I understand future et all.. But still, folks who are out of india cannot use this website. Is that too hard to understand. You just shutdown the revenue coming from overseas

Maybe I'm missing the ideas of geniuses at Myntra.
Old 5th February 2016, 08:58   #4539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just a heads-up.

I happened to do a transaction on Aliexpress last month and the seller was supposed to revise the pricing of a product before I made the purchase. The usual procedure is, I add the product to the cart, the dealer edits the pricing and informs me and I do the payment. Unfortunately, my CC details were saved on Alipay and I clicked on the one-click payment (or whatever Ali calls this mode of quick payment) for 195 USD before the seller revised the pricing. I got the SMS that ICICI had charged my CC (Rs. 13580.15) for the payment but quickly cancelled it realising my folly.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Rs 941. Storing our card details is very convenient, but in case of any untoward incident we tend to lose out/agony. I had a similar issue and posted on threads #2015 and #2017 at "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/92603-credit-card-thread-135.html" . Luckily it got resolved positively soon.
Transaction charge of 941 is too steep. Try negotiating with ICICI again.
IndusInd credit card offers pretty low fx conversion rates at around 2.25%.
In debit cards, Oriental Bank of commerce debit card charges just 1% on foreign markup fee.
Most importantly, please dont save any of your credit/debit card details anywhere.
Old 5th February 2016, 14:45   #4540
BHPian

Hi, I just escalated a dispute which I had raised in aliexpress. If anyone here went through the process please shed some info on the timeline and the resolution.

My seller failed to deliver it even after 80 days hence raised the request.
Raised the escalation on 1st of Feb, but still today its showing the same status

"Status: Dispute Escalated - Processing"

Is there anything to be done from my side? I had paid through CC.
All the replies between me and the seller, along with tracking updates are there in the chat log of their portal.

Last edited by adhiraj : 5th February 2016 at 14:48.
Old 5th February 2016, 15:03   #4541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi, I just escalated a dispute which I had raised in aliexpress.
I escalated one case of the material of a shirt not being as described. The seller offered me 50% back and keep the shirt, I accepted. One more incident I had not received an item for 2-3 months and raised a dispute and got a refund as the item was described as China registered post but it was shipped normal. I got the full money but the item still arrived a month later... If you've crossed the duration by which the item was supposed to have been delivered as per original listing, you stand a good chance to get the money back in full.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:14   #4542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Thanks for the suggestions!

Wow! just looked at myntra website and they have gone solely the mobile route. Are you serious?

I understand future et all.. But still, folks who are out of india cannot use this website. Is that too hard to understand. You just shutdown the revenue coming from overseas

Maybe I'm missing the ideas of geniuses at Myntra.
Good morning.
Myntra is App-only since May2015. This has backfired so much that flipkart (The parent) has shelved its App-only plans. It is also thinking of getting Myntra back on the web.
Old 5th February 2016, 17:45   #4543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
This has backfired so much that flipkart (The parent) has shelved its App-only plans. It is also thinking of getting Myntra back on the web.
It is really good news that it backfired, but how long to learn the lesson and reverse it? a whole year?
Old 5th February 2016, 17:49   #4544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is really good news that it backfired, but how long to learn the lesson and reverse it? a whole year?
They probably didn't renew the domain and fired the cheap IT geek(s) hired to maintain that crappy site. Cost cutting makes people do funny things.
Old 5th February 2016, 18:44   #4545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Good morning.
Myntra is App-only since May2015. This has backfired so much that flipkart (The parent) has shelved its App-only plans.
A relative of mine was involved in handling the Myntra advertising account at that time and I had told him that it was a bad idea. According to him - the company (Myntra) had done a lot of research, and that being app only would be targeting their core audience. They might lose a few customers but gain a lot more; customer experience would be enhanced; and more such crap...

And now they are losing sales...

Most Viewed