Not sure about 24 hours shipping, didnt see it when I made the purchase
Here's what is says below the product :

Quote:
In Stock. FREE Shipping in India!
Ships within 24 hours.
Old 25th February 2013, 14:09   #452
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Bought 2 things from Pepperfty- A WD 1 Tb External HDD and a steam iron. They were to be shipped in 7-8 days. Got a text within 2 days of ordering that your orders have been shipped. Not bad. They were different orders and were shipped through different courier companies. The steam iron reched me in 5 working days while the HDD took 9 working days. I blame it on the Bharat Bandh that it took an additional 2 days.

Both items were what I ordered. However not a fan of the packaging. The HDD had no bubble wrap packing. The WD box was put in a pepperfry box and sealed. There was plenty of space between the 2 which could have used some padding. Also the seal of the HDD was broken. The box looked brand new. The HDD was brand new. I have the bill and a warranty so I did not really bother about that. I got a good deal. Paid 43xx for the 1 TB WD.

I would not mind using it again. Overall it was a good experience. Not flipkart or myntra good, but nevertheless

Also bought a few things from mygrahak.com. Used it on 2 occassions. 48 hour shipping. No shipping on Wednesday. And you can choose when you want the stuff delivered. Recommended.
Old 5th March 2013, 09:23   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Where can i purchase Kinder chocolates Online? Not those crappy half egg ones that we get in India. But proper varieties of Kinder like Bueno, duplo etc.

Any pointers towards supermarkets/shops in Bangalore where i can get these?
Old 5th March 2013, 11:50   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Where can i purchase Kinder chocolates Online? Not those crappy half egg ones that we get in India. But proper varieties of Kinder like Bueno, duplo etc.
Just wanted to know, why do you call Kinder Joy (the half-egg ones that we get in India) "crappy", and other products from the same company "proper"?
Old 5th March 2013, 11:58   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Just wanted to know, why do you call Kinder Joy (the half-egg ones that we get in India) "crappy", and other products from the same company "proper"?
Crappy in the sense, the quantity is less, taste is not same as the whole egged kinder surprise( I have tested it, the original one brought from Germany). And is cumbersome to eat with the small spoon inside! And the toys inside are not great. I have purchased about 50 of them till now and only 10 of them had proper assembly required type toys. Rest of them were one or two piece joining kinds

The products from Kinder are outstanding,no doubt.But the ones that have been localised are crappy!
Old 5th March 2013, 19:30   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any experiences with ebay global easy buy? I am looking to order a few ND filters, value < US $30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
4 Stars for ebay global. Works flawlessly 90% of times. Though shipping time may vary a bit. You may definitely go ahead with your purchase.
Thanks for the review. I went aheaad with the purchase and it was a good experience. No hiccups/unwanted surprises.

Ordered through PaisaPay on 23-Feb. The seller shipped the item on 28-Feb. I recieved it today, 05-Mar.
Old 5th March 2013, 21:00   #457
BHPian

I am regularly using Flipkart for online purchases, so far no bitter experiences, delivery is on time, last purchase was JBL Bugg speakers.
Old 5th March 2013, 22:21   #458
Senior - BHPian

I have used online shopping quite a lot of times and by online shopping i mean only few trusted websites say like flipkart. Also most of the time i find the prices also quite lower relatively and also it saves you the hassle of searching different shops and saves you time and lot of effort. I have been a regular shopper at flipkart, for most of the electronic stuff and i must say their service has always been reliable.
Old 7th March 2013, 11:52   #459
Senior - BHPian

Looks like flipkart has quietly raised its free shipment minimum limit again.

This is what it says on a listing (book) that I am interested in :

Quote:
Free Shipping if total order amount is Rs. 500 or above.
Add Rs. 50 otherwise.
Not cool flipkart. I ordered something from crossword.in the other day, and it came in just as quickly as flipkart, and was cheaper too.
Old 12th March 2013, 11:24   #460
Senior - BHPian

eBay India's W T F (Way Too Fab) sale !!!

eBay India is celebrating it's 8th anniversary by having a W T F (Way Too Fab) sale from 12th Mar to 19th Mar 2013.

I saw some really good deals on electronics. Thought of sharing it here.

http://deals.ebay.in/deals/index.html

The Online Shopping Thread-ebayinwtfsale12mar2013.jpg

Old 13th March 2013, 22:46   #461
BHPian

Flipkart does it again - after 7-8 days, and after reconfirming that the item will be available by tomorrow (when checked last night) in their email today morning, they call up and say, sorry the item is no longer available and cannot be sourced. We will refund your amount which should reach your account within 10 working days.

I think they never bothered to act on it, since the "Ship by" duration was 8 business days. Upon my reminder today morning, they woke up after a false commitment that it will be delivered by tomorrow, and checked to revert back with this answer.

Sad part is, the product is still shown as available for other amicable buyers. Let me wait and see till tomorrow evening if their supply chain is strong enough to update the item as "out of stock". If it continues to be available, will leave a strong message as feedback.

Tip for people here: Avoid items which have longer lead times for delivery. Anything which shows >3 days for delivery, can be avoided. This is the 2nd bitter experience (last time 4 business days, this time 8 business days). I ignored the first time thinking it was a one off case.
Old 14th March 2013, 00:54   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

I suspect that longer lead times mean that they do not hold stock, but order it themselves when they receive an order. It shouldn't happen, but I suppose that, sometimes, their suppliers let them down.
Old 14th March 2013, 09:32   #463
Senior - BHPian

Regarding octroi

I was getting a good deal on ebay on a tablet. As I was reading the terms and conditions, I read something about octroi being applicable in some cities, which would be payable by the customer.

Item location was Haryana and my location is Bangalore. What is this octroi and how much is it ?

I have never heard about octroi charges in flipkart ? Does flipkart pay the octroi directly and includes it in the item price ?

Rohan
Old 14th March 2013, 10:00   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I was getting a good deal on ebay on a tablet. As I was reading the terms and conditions, I read something about octroi being applicable in some cities, which would be payable by the customer.

Item location was Haryana and my location is Bangalore. What is this octroi and how much is it ?

I have never heard about octroi charges in flipkart ? Does flipkart pay the octroi directly and includes it in the item price ?

Rohan
Octroi would only be applicable in MH - Mumbai in particular. Members from MH can explain further. Not sure what Flipkart does though for shipments to Mumbai/MH.
Old 14th March 2013, 11:22   #465
Senior - BHPian

Re: Regarding octroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Octroi is a municipal levy. In India, as far as I know:

- PMC of Pune levies it.
- Some of the various municipal corporations that make up Mumbai levies it. In particular, the biggest - BMC levies it at 4.75% and TMC, at 4.25%. NMMC does not levy it. [1]
- Probably some other municipal corporations in MH do, too.
- Several municipal corporations in GJ levy octroi. [Edit: abolished in 2007]

Octroi is payable on goods "imported" into the city. I think the underlying assumption is the intent to sell the product within the limits of the city. I expect Flipkart and others argue that the actual sale happened in Bangalore and hence the shipping into Mumbai is the buyer shifting his property from Bangalore to Mumbai (shifting personal effects do not attract octroi).

[1] This is one of the reasons you see a lot of MH-43 cars in MH-01 and MH-02 zones. People (those who cannot afford the hassle of DD or DN registration to skimp a lot more than just octroi) buy cars in Navi Mumbai where it is cheaper by the octroi value.

Last edited by binand : 14th March 2013 at 11:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks