Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2016, 11:35   #4651
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Cut story short. Here is a proof of the efficiency of Hong Kong Post.

Aliexpress

Ordered: 30 March
Shipped: 1 April
Received: 8 April

Shipping by Hong Kong Post Air Mail.
Shipping option: Free Shipping

Rest of stuff being shipped by China Post Registered Mail ordered on same day are still taking the long route home. Not keeping fingers crossed.
Old 8th April 2016, 17:21   #4652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Anyone here buying from Amazon in their 2 days grocery coupon back offer on the 1st and 2nd of each month? I purchased their organic lineup of rice, atta and dals this time and they sent it by Indian post. Am in a meeting at work and the postman calls me and says the 20kg package is too big that I should come collect it from the post office! Frustrating and have decided not to purchase such stuff from Amazon anymore.
I also had a poor experience with Amazon during the grocery week.
The packages were delivered in a very poor condition, all torn & spilt, though the courier was Delhivery, where all my previous experience has been good.

For grocery stick to the local kirana-wala. The eCommerce sites have a long way to go.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20160407_190900.jpg  

Old 8th April 2016, 19:26   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
I also had a poor experience with Amazon during the grocery week.
Wow, that looks nasty, luckily no liquids. Looks in better shape than my microwave from PayTM . I had an issue with shampoo from Healthkart btw, who refunded me the whole amount.
For me the items from amazon have been delivered fine, just the irritation that one order resulted in 4 separate packages and one large package with India Post asked me to pick it up.
Old 11th April 2016, 11:01   #4654
Distinguished - BHPian

The offer on 3M microfiber cloth is back - 10 pieces for 860 bucks.
http://www.amazon.in/3M-Scotch-Brite...ilpage_o00_s00
Old 12th April 2016, 14:22   #4655
Distinguished - BHPian

Horrible experience with Gati and PayTM:

Had ordered a set of four tyres from PayTM since the price including cash back was 6k lesser than the lowest quote I had got from brick and mortar shops. The order was made on 3rd april and the tyres were shipped on 4th April through Gati surface. The consignment left Delhi and reached bangalore on 8th of April as expected. However, though the assured delivery date was 9th, they arent delivered. Even though I have repeatedly called Gati Customer care, they gave vague replies stating that the product will be delivered by evening everyday. Nothing else has happened apart from false promises. PayTM customer care are also careless about this issue and they havent responded in any way though their delivery date is also missed.

I have already paid by credit card and now I am not sure how to teach these guys a hard lesson. Any tips to what I can do? I have a trip to do this weekend so cant wait any longer for the tyres. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will raising a CC dispute do any good? The customer care staff of Gati are just horrible. If I tell them that I would not accept the parcel, they replied saying its your wish. This really angered me. These are the days when E-Commerce deliveries happen ahead of the delivery schedule and this is the first time ever that such an incident is happening with me. Moreover, its due to their careless attitude that I want to teach them a hard lesson. Not sure how to.

The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg

Last edited by audioholic : 12th April 2016 at 14:26.
Old 12th April 2016, 14:40   #4656
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Horrible experience with Gati and PayTM:

Had ordered a set of four tyres from PayTM since the price including cash back was 6k lesser than the lowest quote I had got from brick and mortar shops. The order was made on 3rd april and the tyres were shipped on 4th April through Gati surface. The consignment left Delhi and reached bangalore on 8th of April as expected. However, though the assured delivery date was 9th, they arent delivered. Even though I have repeatedly called Gati Customer care, they gave vague replies stating that the product will be delivered by evening everyday. Nothing else has happened apart from false promises. PayTM customer care are also careless about this issue and they havent responded in any way though their delivery date is also missed.

I have already paid by credit card and now I am not sure how to teach these guys a hard lesson. Any tips to what I can do? I have a trip to do this weekend so cant wait any longer for the tyres. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will raising a CC dispute do any good? The customer care staff of Gati are just horrible. If I tell them that I would not accept the parcel, they replied saying its your wish. This really angered me. These are the days when E-Commerce deliveries happen ahead of the delivery schedule and this is the first time ever that such an incident is happening with me. Moreover, its due to their careless attitude that I want to teach them a hard lesson. Not sure how to.

Attachment 1496012
Looks like your consignment is detained by Commercial taxes department. May be the courier guys were not carrying the invoice while trying to deliver the shipment. Call the customer care again and inquire about "Detention" in the tracking page.
Old 12th April 2016, 14:43   #4657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Looks like your consignment is detained by Commercial taxes department. May be the courier guys were not carrying the invoice while trying to deliver the shipment. Call the customer care again and inquire about "Detention" in the tracking page.
I contacted them immediately after seeing the status on saturday. However, the guy there assured me that there is nothing such as detained and the consignment is still in transit. From saturday, I am being told that it will reach me by evening. I will definitely raise a dispute with the credit card today and will no longer wait for these people to pull up their socks
Old 12th April 2016, 14:46   #4658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The offer on 3M microfiber cloth is back - 10 pieces for 860 bucks.
http://www.amazon.in/3M-Scotch-Brite...ilpage_o00_s00
Are these plush type or waffle weave type.

I am looking for waffle weave. Mainly to be used on glass. Can you post a few close up pics if possible?
Old 12th April 2016, 14:49   #4659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Are these plush type or waffle weave type.

I am looking for waffle weave. Mainly to be used on glass. Can you post a few close up pics if possible?
Plush. Not waffle weave. I use waffle weave only for drying. IMO this one should do good for glass.
Old 12th April 2016, 14:57   #4660
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
I contacted them immediately after seeing the status on saturday. However, the guy there assured me that there is nothing such as detained and the consignment is still in transit. From saturday, I am being told that it will reach me by evening. I will definitely raise a dispute with the credit card today and will no longer wait for these people to pull up their socks
A dispute can be raised only if the transaction is unauthorized.

Try to call the local Gati office (take the number from Customer care) and speak to the Manager there. The local office guys are the ones who deliver the shipment and they should know the exact status.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me narrate my own experience here :

I had ordered a LED TV from Amazon (Amazon Fulfilled seller). It turned out to be a showroom display piece and I decided to return. The return was routed through FedEx. The pick-up had to happen before 5:00PM. But nobody turned up. Had to follow-up numerous times with Amazon and FedEX. Finally the pick-up happened at 6:30PM.

The service industry in India has gone to dogs.

Have decided that I will not do any online shopping henceforth.
Old 12th April 2016, 15:04   #4661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Try to call the local Gati office (take the number from Customer care) and speak to the Manager there. The local office guys are the ones who deliver the shipment and they should know the exact status.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
They arent willing to share the contact details of the local Gati office. Thats the worst part. Really stuck here and I dont want to leave these people in peace.
Old 12th April 2016, 16:36   #4662
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
They arent willing to share the contact details of the local Gati office. Thats the worst part. Really stuck here and I dont want to leave these people in peace.
The only option now is to raise a cancellation request with PayTM citing "delay in delivery / no delivery " as the reason. If no resolution , please ask the Customer care executive to transfer the call to the top most person in the Call center and ask for instant resolution.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:06   #4663
Distinguished - BHPian

@Audioholic, who was the actual seller, and what was the size of the tyres that you ordered ?
Old 12th April 2016, 21:07   #4664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Audioholic, who was the actual seller, and what was the size of the tyres that you ordered ?
Seller was Online tyres something. Size was stock for SX4 - 205/60/16. But I dont think I should blame the seller. He was never in the loop.

Quote:
The only option now is to raise a cancellation request with PayTM citing "delay in delivery / no delivery " as the reason. If no resolution , please ask the Customer care executive to transfer the call to the top most person in the Call center and ask for instant resolution.
Good news is that I fetched the tyre and its already running in the car.

Long story cut short, I broke the barrier between customer service and the local guys handling logistics. Every time I contacted CC, they would in turn contact a person X who would give a false assurance that he would deliver the product by EOD. I learnt this trick and made eight CC people bombard this person X with the same query. Finally Mr. X gave up and passed his contact number, blasted them in a conference call with the whole hierarchy where the bottom most guy (driver) told he cant deliver it today or tomorrow since there were a lot of stuff pending to ve delivered. So told them to pass on the current location of the tyres which was luckily on my way back from home.

Reached the godown, took the tyres from there and blasted off home after giving them some lessons. Got the tyres fitted nearby since i didnt have the time or the mood to contact AXA for their fitment service. Anyways I don't prefer them for wheel alignment or balancing. I just wanted the tires on the rim.

I think i must pat my back for what I did but trust me, it was a pathetic experience and I felt helpless since both Paytm and Gati customer service is horrible. All I got was false promises and standard replies. Had thought of buying WagonR tyres from them, but nope, this was an experiment just to change my mind. I went the online method since the price difference was too huge, the cost of getting an additional tyre. For smaller tyres, I don't think the saving is worth such hassles.

Last edited by audioholic : 12th April 2016 at 21:08.
Old 12th April 2016, 23:21   #4665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Long story cut short, I broke the barrier between customer service and the local guys handling logistics. ... ... ...
Congratulations, audioholic. Well done!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks