Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2016, 01:42   #4666
BHPian

Has anyone purchased from netmeds alternate medicines that get listed when searching for the ones prescribed? For eg Glycomet 850mg SR is approx 30rs for sheet of 10 and an alternate starts at 15rs from another manufacturer. Any thoughts?
Old 15th April 2016, 09:11   #4667
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Paytm Wallet Funds Transfer to Bank.

Did anyone transfer funds from Paytm Wallet to Bank account recently ?

Have used this options many times on the web, but it appears that they have removed this facility from the web page. And now we have to use the wallet app from Paytm to transfer funds.

Have tried transfer through wallet app, but the transfer charges are very high. For 5K, I need to shell out approximately 120INR, which I felt is very high.

Did anyone notice this change ? If this is going to be the case in future, will not keep any funds in paytm

Quote from FAQ :

How can I transfer money from paytm wallet to bank account?

Quote:
This facility is available on Paytm Wallet app only. Please install the wallet app from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....paytm.paywith.
After logging in the app, you just have to select “Bank account” option in the Send Money tab, enter requisite details and click on Send money. The money will be transferred. We charge a meagre convenience/processing fee of 4% for transferring money to bank account

Last edited by lambuhere1 : 15th April 2016 at 09:14.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:55   #4668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Has anyone purchased from netmeds alternate medicines that get listed when searching for the ones prescribed? For eg Glycomet 850mg SR is approx 30rs for sheet of 10 and an alternate starts at 15rs from another manufacturer. Any thoughts?
Check out http://www.medguideindia.com/

It's a public service initiative by a family. The site lists alternatives by drug name or brand name. I used it a few years ago and substituted the most costly brand prescribed by doctors to a cheaper version also made by an MNC or a strong Indian company (Lupin / Cipla / Sun, etc.), This site is not always correct; prices are sometimes outdated, and some meds on their site or not available in the market. I prefer to buy medications at the shop rather than online. But this site will let you buy your stuff cheaper by substituting expensive brands for cheaper ones of equally good quality.
Old 16th April 2016, 17:03   #4669
BHPian

So after quite a while, I ordered a product from Flipkart. Order was placed on 9th April.
What I fail to understand if why my item is roaming around in their different sort facilities.
More so since they are shipping with E-cart logistics, shouldn't the product be directly sent to my city from the sorting facility where it was initially shipped from. See the screenshot.

10 days time to deliver the product to the end consumer is extremely slow. I thought it must be their maximum time and should reach within 2 days from the date of shipment.
I can understand in this case the seller is not WS Retail, but still it's been shipped through E-cart logistics which belongs to Flipkart only.
But why the item is travelling through their different sort facilities? First chennai then Bangalore then Bilaspur?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20160416165124_com.flipkart.android.png  

Old 16th April 2016, 17:14   #4670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
So after quite a while, I ordered a product from Flipkart. Order was placed on 9th April.
What I fail to understand if why my item is roaming around in their different sort facilities.
More so since they are shipping with E-cart logistics, shouldn't the product be directly sent to my city from the sorting facility where it was initially shipped from. See the screenshot.

10 days time to deliver the product to the end consumer is extremely slow. I thought it must be their maximum time and should reach within 2 days from the date of shipment.
I can understand in this case the seller is not WS Retail, but still it's been shipped through E-cart logistics which belongs to Flipkart only.
But why the item is travelling through their different sort facilities? First chennai then Bangalore then Bilaspur?
This is typical of all ecommerce companies these days.
If you opt for free shipping and the delivery is promised in 7-10 days. They will ensure that your product will reach you only on 10th day even if the product is shipped to your nearest logistics hub. This is a ploy to make buyers pay additional money just for shipping.
Old 16th April 2016, 17:25   #4671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
If you opt for free shipping and the delivery is promised in 7-10 days. They will ensure that your product will reach you only on 10th day even if the product is shipped to your nearest logistics hub. This is a ploy to make buyers pay additional money just for shipping.
That's the catch- only standard delivery option was applicable on this product.
And if they are deliberately delaying the delivery then it's really very pathetic on their part.
Two thumbs down to Flipkart.
Old 16th April 2016, 18:55   #4672
BHPian

Quote:
That's definitely not true for Amazon though. I have routinely received my stuff in under 48 hours (many times within 24 hours) even though the estimated shipping was in the range of 7-10 days.

Flipkart definitely does what you said. Snapdeal is the worst of the lot, consistently overshoots even the most pessimistic delivery estimates by weeks.
Old 16th April 2016, 18:58   #4673
BHPian

Quote:
Not always! I bought the Lenovo Vibe X3 a couple of weeks ago on Amazon. Free delivery if the expected delivery date was 4 days away and 50 RS for 2 days delivery. I opted for free delivery but the phone was delivered the next day, within 20 hours of ordering!
Old 16th April 2016, 19:04   #4674
BHPian

Quote:
don't think this is true wrt Amazon, especially in my case... i shop a lot from Amazon and they have never delayed the delivery beyond their scheduled date and in fact, most of the cases, they have delivered it much before that date...my first preference is always Amazon and then Flipkart and Snapdeal in that order. Snapdeal does have disappointed me couple of times by either cancelling the order after 4-5 days and few times delaying the delivery by a day or two.
Old 16th April 2016, 19:08   #4675
BHPian

It is not by design that item gets mis-routed, instead let me explain why this could happen:

All packages have a packaging slip with awbill number under the barcode. This awbill is from a list of awbills shared by logistics partners with market-place.

When confirmed order hits market-place website it gets assigned a awbill, this number now has all customer delivery details. This data is sent via API (soft data feed) to logistics partners.

If there is a mismatch between api data and information on packaging slip then order gets mis-routed. When market-place realizes what has happened they push correct data to courier provider and this gets sorted at times.

There are many more reasons but by far this is the common most.

Last edited by heydj : 16th April 2016 at 19:09.
Old 16th April 2016, 19:16   #4676
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
What I fail to understand if why my item is roaming around in their different sort facilities..
But why the item is travelling through their different sort facilities?
Thats how it might be routed to Jaipur. Since you haven't taken expedited delivery, they will send it with the lowest priority. And this could also be the surface route than air. When the deadline is far away, your parcel will see more places and hubs.

Quote:
Agree. The most annoying part with flipkart. They literally hoard the parcel until the last date though it would have been shipped from my city itself. In case of expedited shipping, the parcel skips many such hubs and reaches your hub directly in most instances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
don't think this is true wrt Amazon, especially in my case... i shop a lot from Amazon and they have never delayed the delivery beyond their scheduled date and in fact, most of the cases, they have delivered it much before that date...my first preference is always Amazon and then Flipkart and Snapdeal in that order. Snapdeal does have disappointed me couple of times by either cancelling the order after 4-5 days and few times delaying the delivery by a day or two.
Amazon is far better when it comes to standard delivery. Only sometimes the standard delivery is routed through partners. But I haven't faced an issue of slow delivery till date.
Old 16th April 2016, 22:41   #4677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
It is not by design that item gets mis-routed, instead let me explain why this could happen:
Thanks for the explanation!
But seeing other customer's experience from Flipkart lately, I suppose this is how they work these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thats how it might be routed to Jaipur. Since you haven't taken expedited delivery, they will send it with the lowest priority. And this could also be the surface route than air. When the deadline is far away, your parcel will see more places and hubs.
They had only standard delivery on this particular item that I had ordered to my pin code.
But yeah, when they mention 10 days delivery time seems that they'll treat as low priority. Must be the surface route as you mentioned.

And guys even I'm spoiled by Amazon India's services. Always received my products within 2 to 4 days on standard delivery. They truly are the best!
Old 18th April 2016, 02:25   #4678
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a set of tubeless tire air valves from "changemytyre.com" about a week+ ago.
No signs of delivery yet, neither any mail acknowledging the order etc.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:59   #4679
Distinguished - BHPian

On advice received for the question where can I buy CMOS button battery that is not fake, I ordered from RS. I also ordered some cable clips.

The delivery process (coming from UK warehouse) seems to be pretty casual: sometime-maybe-oneday! It seems that the batteries don't get sent by courier, but I don't have any notification of how and when they will be sent.

It's ok... I can be patient on this, but if I were full of enthusiasm to get some electronic project on the go then I would not be feeling the same!
Old 18th April 2016, 15:27   #4680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Customs cleared and on the way to destination station - Hyderabad.

Attachment 1494559

Hopefully should have it at home by this weekend or early next week.
Did you finally receive what you ordered for ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks