Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 15:29   #4681
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Did you finally receive what you ordered for ?
Hey, I did receive it and no customs duty was charged.

Look here, I have posted a DIY Installation and Review of the MINI 0806 dashcam.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...sh-camera.html

Do go through and pour in your valuable comments.
Old 18th April 2016, 20:14   #4682
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Seems like a good deal: AutoCop PP-9500 Parkpro Reverse Parking Sensor System

http://www.industrybuying.com/car-re...dium=affiliate
Old 20th April 2016, 18:04   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Huawei Honor 13000mAh Power Bank purchased at Flipkart, delivered on 20th Oct '15.
6m warranty.

2 days short of 6 months after delivery, the Honor Powerbank gives up.

At the service center I'm told they consider the order date as the start day for warranty!

Not the delivery date, not even the Invoice date, but the order date!

No consideration under goodwill. (Considering the timing.). I'm told, "It's just paperweight now."

Btw, their official website first directed me to a service center (in Indiranagar-Bangalore) that'd closed 2 yrs back!

ASC is Only 1 place - Jayanagar 4th Block. Dodgy location with a 2' passage with a staircase leading to a shanty like place on the First Floor.

Manning the booth are 2, prolly SSLC fail fellows who aren't just unhelpful, but uncooperative & impudent.

Another customer there was angry for not being informed whats the issue was with his phone even after 10days of giving it in. Many other unhappy faces.

This in contrast to my experience today for my MiPad warranty claim at Xiaomi service center in Indiranagar ASC branch, nice place, air conditioned, well designed interiors, manned by 2 (although slow, but) good & co-operative professionals.

I used to feel Huawei was a decent brand, believing it's considered superior to Xiaomi in China.

Just thought I'd give a heads up for those planning to buy anything from Huawei. IMO NOT dependable if/when things go south.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 20th April 2016 at 18:29.
Old 20th April 2016, 23:29   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
So after quite a while, I ordered a product from Flipkart. Order was placed on 9th April.
But why the item is travelling through their different sort facilities? First chennai then Bangalore then Bilaspur?
Update: I got the product delivered exactly on the 10th day i.e on 19th April. Item was shipped on 12th April from Chennai.
I was concerned about the packaging and the condition of the item inside because it was in transit for 8 days but fortunately the packaging was good and it arrived in one piece.
Old 20th April 2016, 23:49   #4685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Huawei Honor 13000mAh Power Bank ..

Open it up, check what type of batteries are in there. Get those type of batteries & bring it up again ..
Old 21st April 2016, 00:44   #4686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ASC is Only 1 place - Jayanagar 4th Block. Dodgy location with a 2' passage with a staircase leading to a shanty like place on the First Floor.

Manning the booth are 2, prolly SSLC fail fellows who aren't just unhelpful, but uncooperative & impudent.
Why are most service centers this way? Seagate, Belhin, Samsung, Philips all are the same in some shady location. I often wonder how women manage? Only Dell seems to have a proper service center in their IRR office but then again, you never have to visit them cause they do onsite service.

A moron manning the seagate service center threatened me for complaining that he had entered wrong name and contact details in my receipt. Had other employees not intervened, it would have ended in a fist fight.
Old 21st April 2016, 00:57   #4687
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Huawei Honor 13000mAh Power Bank purchased at Flipkart, delivered on 20th Oct '15.
6m warranty.

At the service center I'm told they consider the order date as the start day for warranty!
If you are looking for a replacement, then I'd suggest Pisen, which is one of China's best brands.

http://www.amazon.in/PISEN-LCD-POWER.../dp/B00WZKRFCE

http://www.amazon.in/PISEN-LCD-POWER...a-e0cc91c0f8c6

Interestingly, the 7500maH version has a better LCD display and can also charge the other devices while it is charging.
In the 15000maH version, your device will charge while the powerbank is put on charging, but the amount of the charge present in the power bank stays at the same level.
Old 22nd April 2016, 23:36   #4688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Open it up, check what type of batteries are in there. Get those type of batteries & bring it up again ..
I tried, I guess its somehow sealed. Will try again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
If you are looking for a replacement, then I'd suggest Pisen, which is one of China's best brands.
In the 15000maH version, your device will charge while the powerbank is put on charging, but the amount of the charge present in the power bank stays at the same level.
Thanks! this pass-through charging is very useful coz powerbanks take a while to charge & don't come with separate charging cables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Why are most service centers this way? Seagate, Belhin, Samsung, Philips all are the same in some shady location. I often wonder how women manage? Only Dell seems to have a proper service center in their IRR office but then again, you never have to visit them cause they do onsite service.

A moron manning the seagate service center threatened me for complaining that he had entered wrong name and contact details in my receipt. Had other employees not intervened, it would have ended in a fist fight.
100% true!

In my case I'm sure if it wasn't the invoice date reasoning, it'd have surely been some other excuse like pointing to a small dent in the side & citing physical damage.

Can't explain how disgusted I felt. Especially when he said "its paperweight now".
Old 23rd April 2016, 00:06   #4689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Quote:
...Can't explain how disgusted I felt. Especially when he said "its paperweight now".
Over time I've realised this is true for ALOT of the branded stuff we buy, especially online. So I don't think the below will be OT here.

I have a theory for such practices by multi-national companies.

IMO they purposely employ the muck of the world from the same locality/city as post-sale consumer touch points, to dissuade claimants who wouldn't have the tenacity to reason out (about a product that they understand little about) as well as those who wouldn't bother arguing.

The ones who insist, are helped only to the extent that the ASC is in the mood to co-operate, else left helpless.

A few don't bother escalating further & decide to live with it or get it repaired outside, as it isn't worth their time to escalate.

Many customers manage to gather proof and E-mail the company. They'd get the some response disclaiming responsibility, citing some absurd subjective reasoning & unreasonable rules. Help would probably be under goodwill.

The remaining handful who complain across social media with proof etc, would be contacted the next day (when we've forgotten the disgusting feeling & moved on). This is when they possibly offer to do what was to be originally done.

Being glad that atleast something was being initiated for them and thinking in good faith that it was the local persons fault, & not the companies'. Eventually most people are thankful with whatever they get.

Thus the company deliberately positions itself as the appellate authority & stays in the good books of the customer, who is under the impression that the brand is dedicated & will probably improve slowly.

This is the way many large businesses get away providing deficient services/cheating. The one-off case where the consumer takes it up legally, it'll drag for months/years, after which they'd make some junior as the fall-guy / bakra.

They don't really bother resolving issues unless the brand is genuinely affected & the demographic whom they're targeting advertisements at, notices complaints.

Its an old strategy actually, & this is the also way Empire works. Policy makers wouldn't be physically present in front of you to protest. Escalation channels would be made challenging with intimidating formalities & tiring processes. (Ex. The recent protests against PF rules. Or, previous Anna Hazare protests against corruption.)

Betterstill, simplest example is our own History. The British Empire had kept indians as all lower-most employees, through whom they'd carry out their agenda. If a citizen had to complain, it'd be to a Britisher. Hence the complainant would be under the impression that the Britisher (who's deliberately positioned himself only as the appellate authority) is the one resolving issues & governing the country, without realising that the system was created to give such an impression.

A few companies don't follow this strategy (Ex. Toyota {IMO} ). The product & service would genuinely be good at almost all times & after the brand has built they charge a premium & prefer to earn upfront, rather than fleece customers after making them go through the above.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 23rd April 2016 at 00:08.
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:57   #4690
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not the delivery date, not even the Invoice date, but the order date!
No consideration under goodwill. (Considering the timing.). I'm told, "It's just paperweight now."
This in contrast to my experience today for my MiPad warranty claim at Xiaomi service center in Indiranagar ASC branch, nice place, air conditioned, well designed interiors, manned by 2 (although slow, but) good & co-operative professionals.
NOT dependable if/when things go south.
My experience with Strontium is damn good. Bought a 64GB UHS I micro sd car with reader from amazon about a year ago. last month it stopped working and showing as Zero space in PC.
checked strontium website found out the service center near SP road. called them, they said they replace it.
Went there, they did not even ask for bill, neither checked the card, simply gave me another sealed new 64Gb card.
Old 23rd April 2016, 18:06   #4691
BHPian

Had a new experience with Amazon. I ordered a 1 TB external HDD on Thursday, payment via COD. The seller was Cloudtail. I ordered it on Thursday and Friday morning it was out for delivery. I was like
The twist in the story came at 5 pm. I get a message from amazon stating "Your order has been cancelled as you rejected the item at the delivery address "
I immediately called up amazon helpdesk and they said they'll investigate into the matter. Not sure what or how this happened.
Old 23rd April 2016, 20:51   #4692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Had a new experience with Amazon. I..."Your order has been cancelled as you rejected the item at the delivery address "
This is very common and it is due to the logistics company not being able to deliver as per their SLA. By blaming the customer they get a day or two extra..
Old 24th April 2016, 12:14   #4693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
This is very common and it is due to the logistics company not being able to deliver as per their SLA. By blaming the customer they get a day or two extra..
+1 to the above.

Few weeks ago, a frustrating experience started. Many a times, i get an SMS that the package is out for delivery. The package doesn't arrive even after 9 pm and then i get another SMS that the delivery time is rescheduled because "the customer wasn't available". I made it a point to send an email to Amazon every time it happened and mentioned how they are being taken for a ride by the logistics guys

Now, if the package is marked as out for delivery, it is delivered the same day
Old 24th April 2016, 18:32   #4694
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Or else the fools say - door locked.
In my case it is hardly possible as there is someone at home all day, every day.
Seriously, these courier chaps take any possible shortcut that comes, just to avoid doing their job.
But even so, there are a huge number of diligent and decent blokes on the courier run too.
My experience with FK and AMZ India have been mixed. No problems at all with the International AMZ - UK and US or even Superskoda.com and similar sites.
Old 29th April 2016, 09:04   #4695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried, I guess its somehow sealed. Will try again!
Opened the Honor Powerbank, couldn't find any brand / specs on the batteries. Wonder if it's a fake!

Anyway, bought off another power bank from a company called Ambrane, comes with 1 yr warranty.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20160429_074216.jpg

10,000mAh - charges my OnePlus One phone ~2.5 times.

3 output ports. Does NOT support pass thru charging.

Has 4 small but bright LED lights - quite useful.

Costs Rs.640/-.

I also managed to bag a 20,000mAh Xiaomi Powerbank on yesterday's sale, but it got timed out.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 29th April 2016 at 09:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks