Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2016, 20:16   #4891
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Was able to add to cart and then login. No change - see pic.
This was for the space grey iphone 64 gb. The problem isnt present in my home network and was showing up in office network on both days. Guess the issue is to do with the IP gateway since devices in my office network identify themselves to be in Germany to the outside web. Now in my house this doesnt exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
That item might not be eligible for shipping to your location.
I had entered the pin beforehand to check for delivery time. After adding to cart and logging in, it would show out of stock. Not facing this issue at home. Guess there is a mysterious online shopping blocker in office
Old 17th August 2016, 08:46   #4892
BHPian

Good news for shoppers. bad news for Indian E-commerce companies?

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cur...k_7288321.html
Old 19th August 2016, 12:27   #4893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
After shopping for years online, I got conned by www.naturebreed.com
.........Now what are the legal options in this case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Of you paid by credit card or a payment wallet you can request a reversal. .........
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
(a) move on, after learning the lesson,
(b) file for a chargeback from your credit card issuing bank, or
(c) get cyber police involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
In addition to what @binand has suggested, you also have the option of contacting their payment gateway. .............
Thank you all. Fabiaous for bringing this up, as I was in the same boat and others for the helpful replies.

The website in my case - wheyproteins.in

I intentionally chose a product of low value - Rs. 697, as I was concerned about their genuinity. They do not do COD on orders less than Rs. 1000. My concerns turned out to be true when they did not ship the product and never responded to the email provided on the website for a whole month. When I called them, the excuse was that the manufacturer (really??) is responsible for shipping and they are looking into it.

Just to be absolutely sure, I placed another order of Rs. 3500 but this time it was COD. I get a call the next day informing me that the flavour I ordered is out of stock and I should order another one and also to make the payment by card this time as the courier company does not do COD at my address. This was the final straw, as I live in one of the most accessible areas of Delhi.

I called the National Consumer Helpline, who were not really much of a help, even though the lady seemed genuine and tried her best.

Also, I spoke to a lawyer acquaintence who advised against any action, as it would turn out to be a waste of time and money.

Thankfully, you guys brought it up and I took the same action. I wrote to EBS, who advised me to get in touch with ICICI (card issuer) and voila 5 days later I get the product delivered. Also, I received a phone call from them trying to 'apologise'. Instead of a genuine apology, it was a conversation made of more excuses and blatant lies.

I have asked EBS and ICICI to take the strictest possible action against these frauds as I am sure they will have pretty good leverage compared to us petty customers.

Thank you guys again.
Old 20th August 2016, 16:46   #4894
BHPian

Guys, I had ordered something from AliExpress and it arrived today. I've posted my comments here for your info.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4038824
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:16   #4895
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great news guys!

Quote:
Now, No Custom Duties on Consumer Electronics, Including Mobiles of Up To Rs. 50,000
Source + Full Article
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:12   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sounds good and hope it is true. This means the TV flow at airports will start again. Not clear which price will prevail for calculating customs duty, is it the price of purchase or price prevailing in India or the Customs valuation handbook when brought in person.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:26   #4897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Sounds good and hope it is true. This means the TV flow at airports will start again. Not clear which price will prevail for calculating customs duty, is it the price of purchase or price prevailing in India or the Customs valuation handbook when brought in person.
Valuation handbook prevails. So when buying abroad do check the rates in India along with discounts as offered by Flipkart, Amazon etc.
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:37   #4898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great news guys!

Source + Full Article
Its little bit wrong information they have provided in the article.

You still need to pay duty irrespective of product value but lesser. Just that they have increased the limit for people who doesn't have IEC code.

Edit : They have updated their article too.
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:00   #4899
BHPian

Quote:
This is applicable only for postal imports and not for carry on baggage.

But definitely the import cost for mobile phones and the likes will become cheaper.
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:43   #4900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
This is applicable only for postal imports and not for carry on baggage.

But definitely the import cost for mobile phones and the likes will become cheaper.
Again wrong.
The new directive clearly use the words - ' Import via Post or otherwise'
And how will import cost for mobile phone become cheaper. The customs duty is still the same at 18%.
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:58   #4901
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting. Is this application only to electronics? What about a helmet? Will that be hit by duty if i do a postal import? Or FedEx it in?
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:20   #4902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
But blaming customers for their logistics problems is not acceptable. I am talking here about a delivery hot spot like EPIP area. In short the online shopping craze is waning, and you can see the shopping crowd back in brick and mortar stores. I could notice this when I got my Galaxy S7 from nearby store not wanting to take any risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Exactly my problem. For this reason, I have stopped shopping from Amazon completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Push them (a lot) on the customer service call. You can get some vouchers in exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The past couple of days ordering on Amazon has been a hair raising and tearing experience. Payments was one headache, now delivery receipt will be another. Fingers crossed that items ordered will be delivered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am facing this cheating by Flipkart. I see iPhone 6s 64GB at 56999 being sold by WSRetail along with a bunch of offers and exchange. However, once I login and refresh, the item is shown out of stock.
The term snake-oil salesman is a 1800's usage to refer to a person selling a product which promises the sky and delivers zilch. Today the new term should be "online salesman". Never have I witnessed such a rampant, almost explosive growth of a business about nothing. Everything I learnt in business school about great practices I'm watching it being shred to tatters by these 2 "kewlest" companies in India.
Old 24th August 2016, 10:07   #4903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds good and hope it is true. This means the TV flow at airports will start again.
diyguy, have not been able to access the notification itself but I would be surprised if large-screen TVs are also included in this blanket exemption.

Reason is that the GoI inserted a special clause sometime back to stop the importing of <32" TVs (I think) because it was deeply impacting sales of the identical Made-in-India ones.
Old 25th August 2016, 09:52   #4904
BHPian

I have given up on Amazon completely. I had to return the last three goods purchased from them. Yes, they promptly pick up the return, but in one of the case I had to chase them to get my money refunded.

Now the most annoying part is how much they manipulate the rating and reviews. I posted 2 reviews yesterday. One was for a product I purchased 1 year back and I gave a 4 rating. They happily posted in on their website.
Another was for a product I purchase last month. It was panting that they were selling for over rs.5000. I rated it 1 and gave a poor review. Amazon refused to post this review and rating on their site claiming obscene or do not follow review guideline. Now I am wondering what guideline. Rate at least 4 and use words like fantastic, awesome, excellent only!

I was so shocked when I saw the quality of painting. Take anything, print quality or workmanship on canvas wrapping on frame or evenness of frame, I could complain about every bit of it.
It was supposed to be an elegant canvas printed painting and the description had wordings that claimed it would look as good as canvas painting. I do not want to write the product review here, but it simple words it was so crappy and I can't imagine paying even rs.200 for it.

In another instance I got a faulty computer PSU in tampered box and delayed delivery even after paying for expedited delivery. Returned it very next day and purchased another from Flipkart.

All these in less than 3 months.

I am back to shopping from stores even if I have to pay extra. In worst case, the only online retailer I trust now is Flipkart. Never had a bad experience with them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screen-shot-20160825-9.27.57-am.png  

Old 25th August 2016, 10:23   #4905
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Now I am wondering what guideline. Rate at least 4 and use words like fantastic, awesome, excellent only!
can you try submitting the review again without the word "crappy". I am pretty sure it will get posted. I have seen many very poor ratings and the system was put in place to help other shoppers. Your review will definitely help others. I am not supporting Amazon (and don't work for them) but I have been shopping with them since 2001 and till date am yet to be disappointed with their customer service. I have received complete refunds when I have emailed them that I have not received a package. They do not even bother to ask me any further questions. Of course the value of the returns have been small, maybe up to 40$ max. On the India site I have shopped a lot as well and have not faced any issue with their customer service. Products have been delivered damaged at times and shipping has been flaky due to India post but customer service have always addressed my complaints with the best possible outcome, always.

Most Viewed