Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 21:33   #4996
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

They deliver flat packed and they will also organise carpenters if you call their call center once the goods are delivered

So far I have bought two beds and some assorted small wooden cabinets from them - all securely packed.
Old 2nd October 2016, 00:04   #4997
BANNED

Had anyone registered for Amazon Prime membership by posting the amount of ₹499?

I just got this email:

Name:  ForumRunner_20161002_000406.png
Views: 1354
Size:  124.3 KB

Worth it?
Old 2nd October 2016, 00:34   #4998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Had anyone registered for Amazon Prime membership by posting the amount of ₹499?
I've registered for it yesterday. I tend to use one-day and two-day shipping quite often, so the 500 rupees definitely pays itself back quite quickly.

Once the introductory offer goes away, I'd consider paying 1000 only based on how compelling Prime Video is (when launched).

If someone doesn't use the quicker shipping options (and if they don't suffer from the "must-have-it-NOW!" syndrome that I have), then the other benefits currently available are not really compelling.
Old 2nd October 2016, 07:48   #4999
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
If someone doesn't use the quicker shipping options (and if they don't suffer from the "must-have-it-NOW!" syndrome that I have).
Registered for the Prime subscription too yesterday night. Thanks.

I have face this syndrome too and a lot of it.
Old 2nd October 2016, 13:23   #5000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
... ... ... If someone doesn't use the quicker shipping options (and if they don't suffer from the "must-have-it-NOW!" syndrome that I have), then the other benefits currently available are not really compelling.
I had thought it not worth it, but for Rs.500 I suppose I might give it a try.

My problem is that I suffer from want-it-now combined with procrastination, which tends to result in should-have-ordered-this-last-week!

(And when it's something that my wife wanted-it-now, last week, and I've procrastinated... then I'm in trouble! )
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:19   #5001
BHPian

Going by the posts in this thread, looks like the craze for those "big sales" is not much there this time.

I for one got online shopping fatigue. Looking at those ecommerce site screens with screaming sales makes me puke.
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:29   #5002
BHPian

I am not sure if this is right thread to post this query, please pardon if not so.

I am looking for a water purifier which is table top in nature, it must be RO UV enabled. Are there such products ?
I don't have option to drill wall to mount them hence this requirement.

Please advise.
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:34   #5003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My problem is that I suffer from want-it-now combined with procrastination, which tends to result in [i]should-have-ordered-this-last-week!
Shopping at the click of a button, but you just can't click that button, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Going by the posts in this thread, looks like the craze for those "big sales" is not much there this time.
The other thing is these sales are more in name, than any actually compelling offers. I only look to these sales to see if they offer a deal on something in my "long term" wishlist (i.e. stuff that I generally want to get, but not within any timeframe, so waiting for a good price).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am looking for a water purifier which is table top in nature, it must be RO UV enabled. Are there such products ?
I don't have option to drill wall to mount them hence this requirement.
Check this thread if it has a recommendation for your needs, else you're better off posting there: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rifier-37.html
Old 3rd October 2016, 01:26   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I just got this email:
Worth it?
I choose not to as in my experience:
  • On and average, Prime products take 4 days to reach.
  • Prime products are priced higher than non-prime ones. Can rather pay for 1 day shipping but..
  • Paid 1 Day shipping was not available on any products even ones shipped by Amazon.
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:37   #5005
BHPian

I had ordered an action cam(SJ5000x Elite) off Banggood during their anniversary sale and it was shipped through Singapore Post.
The current status mentions the item being received at 'BANGALORE SUB FGN POST' with a remark as "Retention reason : Call Customs 080 22869992 OR Email cuspadbg01@gmail.com".
The camera cost less than 10K, Am I liable to pay any customs/duties on this?
I had ordered this in view of the recent revision in custom duties which enabled anyone to purchase goods of upto 50000INR without any custom duties/taxes. Do correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

Last edited by Roomy : 3rd October 2016 at 07:44.
Old 3rd October 2016, 08:54   #5006
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I had ordered an action cam(SJ5000x Elite) off Banggood during their anniversary sale and it was shipped through Singapore Post.
The current status mentions the item being received at 'BANGALORE SUB FGN POST' with a remark as "Retention reason : Call Customs 080 22869992 OR Email cuspadbg01@gmail.com".
The camera cost less than 10K, Am I liable to pay any customs/duties on this?
I had ordered this in view of the recent revision in custom duties which enabled anyone to purchase goods of upto 50000INR without any custom duties/taxes. Do correct me if my interpretation is wrong.
Even I had thought so. But I was recently charged 325(294+30) as customs duty for a DRL kit I got from Malaysia. I am not sure how they calculated that, but my item was not retained.

The above two contact details are pathetic. My item was not indicated as retained but it was there for nearly 20 days and this phone number as well as the email ID is as good as dead. No response from either. I then raised a grievance through pgportal.gov.in and got my item within two days. Though the invoice price of the article was listed as 12$, they did their own calculations and charged me 294 as customs and 30 as processing fee.

Seeing the status, I think they are asking you for an invoice so that they can value your item since action cameras can come in all prices. Hence, either get in touch with them, or visit Bangalore GPO, or raise a grievance. If you go by the third option, they might wrongly value the product as per their wish and will and charge you on any basis. Instead, just send them a pricing info and get the assessment done on that basis.
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:21   #5007
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
The current status mentions the item being received at 'BANGALORE SUB FGN POST' ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
.... visit Bangalore GPO,
Rather than GPO, the customs duty related postal work may be at the Post Office on Museum Road.
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:02   #5008
Senior - BHPian

Guys I had placed an order with Aliexpress for a dash camera and had cancelled it on the same day as I found a better product on Gearbest. I had made the payment through a HDFC Netsafe virtual credit card and am getting below message on Aliexpress order status.

The Online Shopping Thread-order.jpg

Any idea how long will the process take? Will the seller wait for the mentioned eight days so the order is auto cancelled. Also will the Netsafe amount be credited back (I hope) soon or it takes time.

Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:34   #5009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Any idea how long will the process take? Will the seller wait for the mentioned eight days so the order is auto cancelled. Also will the Netsafe amount be credited back (I hope) soon or it takes time.
Refunds do take time on aliexpress and my experience is limited to dispute refunds by the seller. It has taken 10-15 days but the funny thing is once it gets into your account it will always show a past date, which is usually the date at which the dispute was resolved (or order cancelled). this could be due to delay in credit due to a forex transaction, am not sure but refunds with aliexpress are pretty straightforward.
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:14   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Instead, just send them a pricing info and get the assessment done on that basis.
I have mailed them the invoice I had clearly stating this is intended for personal use alone. I called up the number and the guy directed me to call the FPO(Same number as the one quoted initially, with last digit replaced by 9) and that number was, as expected, non responsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Rather than GPO, the customs duty related postal work may be at the Post Office on Museum Road.
I plan to wait for a couple of days and then visit the PO to see if I can sort it out.

Most Viewed