Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2016, 08:12   #5026
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am not sure if this is right thread to post this query, please pardon if not so.

I am looking for a water purifier which is table top in nature, it must be RO UV enabled. Are there such products ?
I don't have option to drill wall to mount them hence this requirement.

Please advise.
I have bought Dr Aquaguard by Eureka Forbes.It is RO-UV enabled and has both wall mounting and table top options. I have mounted on wall.
Inlet is fed from OH tank(Borewell water).Service engineer has fitted a two way valve to connect unit to Tap water also,in case Borewell fails..
Two way valve is free of cost
Old 11th October 2016, 14:54   #5027
Team-BHP Support

What's the safest way to make payments on AliExpress? The amount is less than US $10.
Old 11th October 2016, 15:00   #5028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
What's the safest way to make payments on AliExpress? The amount is less than US $10.
I paid several times with credit card on Alipay. no problem.
Old 11th October 2016, 15:19   #5029
BHPian

Amazon courier service is painfully slow these days.

It has been like this for long time now.
Ordered a mobile phone from Amazon on 2nd Oct, morning. The delivery estimate shown was 13th Oct.

The item was in stock and shipped on 4th Oct. Now item reached the destination city on 9th. Still no signs of delivery notification till 10th 12:00 PM. I had given my official address and 11th and 12th being holidays, I wanted to receive it on 10th itself.

Contacted Amazon customer care at 12:00 PM on 10th. They informed estimated date is 13th . Requested them to deliver as the shipment has already reached and deliver at most by 6:00 PM being office.

They obliged. Waited, waited, and waited till 6:30 PM but no one turned up. Called at least 15 times on courier guy mobile number but he didn't pick up the phone(No issues being hard job). Finally got a call at 7:45 PM from courier guy, i had already left. Now it will be delivered on schedule(13th).

To cut long story short, if the shipment comes from other couriers from same destination (Bangalore) on Amazon or from flipkart, it reaches the 3rd or max 4th day. Amazon courier is too slow and takes usually twice the time. I am a regular amazon shopper and their return policies, customer care is best among business, so have to stick to it but courier service is horrible these days.

I hope they provide option to choose courier service also in cities where they ship through multiple couriers.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 11th October 2016 at 15:20.
Old 11th October 2016, 17:47   #5030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Credit card payment for any amount goes to ALIPAY. Then the ALIEXPRESS Seller ships the item and you receive in 20 to 60 days.

Once you receive by post and confirm GOODS received ALIPAY releases the payment to ALIEXPRESS Seller.

Till then your money is safe with ALIPAY and will be refunded in case of dispute or not getting the product.

I have always received what I ordered. Waiting period may stretch to upto 2 months or more.
Old 11th October 2016, 19:07   #5031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I paid several times with credit card on Alipay. no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Credit card payment for any amount goes to ALIPAY. Then the ALIEXPRESS Seller ships the item and you receive in 20 to 60 days.

Once you receive by post and confirm GOODS received ALIPAY releases the payment to ALIEXPRESS Seller.

Till then your money is safe with ALIPAY and will be refunded in case of dispute or not getting the product.

I have always received what I ordered. Waiting period may stretch to upto 2 months or more.
Thanks for the responses

It's a proactive purchase so shipping times won't be an issue.
Old 11th October 2016, 23:59   #5032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Amazon courier service is painfully slow these days.
I ordered 8 items on 5 October. Three of them came within 48 hours. The others are yet to be dispatched. Hope they don't cancel anything else I will lose 20% of the discount that I am expected via cashback.

There is some problem in their logistics it seems.
Old 12th October 2016, 01:40   #5033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I ordered 8 items on 5 October. Three of them came within 48 hours. The others are yet to be dispatched. Hope they don't cancel anything else I will lose 20% of the discount that I am expected via cashback.

There is some problem in their logistics it seems.
Same for me. Ordered around 20 items. 2 yet to get, rest got. Only difference, I will lose 30% if they cancel
Old 12th October 2016, 08:10   #5034
Senior - BHPian

You think Amazon is slower, then do a rethink when it comes to Snapdeal. Should be aptly called Snaildeal. It is taking ages for them to deliver the ordered items. The logistics courier co is showing the material in my city on 7th Oct and is yet to be delivered. When I called up the Logistics guy, he says he is from pickup and not delivery.
I had returned one item (wrongly ordered by wife, but cant say it) from Snapdeal, again taking them more than 4 days to pick up the item. The SMS which they sent with courier persons contact does not work.

Will be taking up with their customer care no today.
Old 12th October 2016, 08:30   #5035
BHPian

The so called 'sale days' are not necessarily the time when some items are priced the lowest. I had ordered a 3M car shampoo on Amazon as part of their Diwali sale and it was priced at Rs. 310 after discounts for a 500 ml bottle. This was part of what Amazon calls a lighting deal.
For some reason the delivery was scheduled for around October 20th despite I being an Amazon Prime member.

Soon after the Diwali sale ended, the price was reduced to Rs. 289!!!. On looking at the details, the seller (Cloudtail) had bumped up the MRP on the product and showed a big discount percentage during the sale period. Subsequently the MRP was reduced significantly and despite a lower discount percentage, the item was cheaper.

While the different was not much at Rs. 21, I felt cheated and decided to cancel the item. There was no option to cancel online and ended up calling customer care.
Old 12th October 2016, 12:10   #5036
Senior - BHPian

I'm waiting for an item from Snapdeal that has arrived at my city on 7th. 5 days and not yet out for delivery , maybe due to the pujas in Kolkata.

Estimated delivery was from Oct 9-13 , and if I don't get the item by tomorrow ( i.e. 13th ) , I'm going to cancel the item.

How long does the refund usually take from Snapdeal , is it smooth or does it require follow-ups ? Any experiences ?

IMHO , Flipkart still remains the king when it comes to deliveries. We had ordered for a washing machine and it was delivered in less than 3 days.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th October 2016 at 12:17.
Old 12th October 2016, 13:00   #5037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Ordered a mobile phone from Amazon on 2nd Oct, morning. The delivery estimate shown was 13th Oct.
[...]
I wanted to receive it on 10th itself.
[...]
Contacted Amazon customer care at 12:00 PM on 10th. Requested them to deliver as the shipment has already reached and deliver at most by 6:00 PM being office.

They obliged. [...] Finally got a call at 7:45 PM from courier guy, i had already left. Now it will be delivered on schedule(13th).
Let me get this straight. You ordered something that was scheduled to be delivered on 13/10. It was well on its way to be delivered on 13/10. Around noon of 10/10, you figured you wanted early delivery. You called up Amazon and they bent over backwards to accommodate you. And when they did attempt to deliver on your chosen early delivery date, you had already called it a day and had left office.

What exactly is Amazon's, or the courier service's, fault here?
Old 12th October 2016, 19:37   #5038
BHPian

Paytm is running excellent cash back offers on iPhone. I have a question. Can the cash back amount be transferred to my bank account later?
Old 12th October 2016, 19:55   #5039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Paytm is running excellent cash back offers on iPhone. I have a question. Can the cash back amount be transferred to my bank account later?
Hello Sairamboko!

Yes, Paytm cashback is transferable to your bank account. You just have to complete the KYC formalities and you are done. I would suggest you to first download the Paytm app on your smartphone as it would make it feasible for you to manage your orders.

A week earlier I bought a laptop from them and the cashback reflected in my Paytm wallet as soon as the product was shipped.

If you don't complete the KYC formalities, in that case you can spend the cashback on further purchases, recharges etc.

Best regards
Aakarsh
Old 12th October 2016, 19:56   #5040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Let me get this straight. You ordered something that was scheduled to be delivered on 13/10. It was well on its way to be delivered on 13/10. Around noon of 10/10, you figured you wanted early delivery. You called up Amazon and they bent over backwards to accommodate you. And when they did attempt to deliver on your chosen early delivery date, you had already called it a day and had left office.

What exactly is Amazon's, or the courier service's, fault here?
You have this habit of always giving benefit of doubt to Amazon. Hope you don't work for them. 13/10 is the outer extreme given by the vendor, that does not mean they cannot deliver ahead of that. When an item reached your city on 9th, what is stopping them from delivering on 10th. In my case for two days the status is shown "Out for Delivery". There is no trace of the courier guy. Now you are deliberately misread and out of blue when you are not at the designated address the delivery guy will call up, mind you they don't deliver at doorstep anymore in places like EPIP. You have to personally go to their vehicle to pick up.

Most Viewed