Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 15:20   #5086
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
My concern is my internet speed which is usually 1-2 MBPS at best. Will this be enough to stream SD content. I'm not interested in HD content.
Take a look at Netflix India's recommendation since that will have a lot of parallels with Amazon Prime Video too:
Quote:
  • 0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
  • 1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
  • 3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
  • 5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
  • 25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality
Your connection falls slightly short of that needed for SD video, although you can probably adjust the video quality to compensate for this.

PS - I'm assuming your speed is 1-2 Megabits / second which is conventionally written as Mbps (with a small B).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
and the warranty/bill on top of box was missing. I asked about the bill and he said it's inside, So I have the heat pad with no bill (it was not inside the box also). What to do?
Do you really need a paper invoice? If so, open the order details in the Amazon website, and you have a link on the top-left of the order details page that's titled 'Invoice' and clicking it gives you an option to print the invoice. This is the same thing provided in the plastic sleeve.
The Online Shopping Thread-20161021.gif

Bear in mind that India's postal/courier regulations state that an invoice must be present outside the packaging, and not inside. So next time this happens, refuse to take delivery of the package stating the reason for the same.
Old 21st October 2016, 15:25   #5087
BHPian

@benjiross if you can have a wired broadband, look for airtel v fiber - 50gb of data at upto 100mbps speeds for rs999 rental. If you want to have wireless Internet, get a Jio 4g SIM even though speeds are low currently but it is free. Even local cable operators provide value for money 16mbps connections for broadband.

@naveenroy @thad e ginathom apologies if this is off topic and do not want to create a debate, however the key reason Amazon can work on good faith in other markets and not here is largely to do with the consumer.

I know of orders for laptops at Rs230 odd, iPhone at 5999.00 (instead of 59990), monitors at Rs500ish which were price errors and fulfilled by Amazon in their early days. People would (and still do) run servers with price sorting scripts on them (wonder why Amazon does not offer price sorting option while others do, this is why), and buy such products in bulk. No other eretailer honoured such deals but Amazon did perhaps to follow its uniform international standards.

People have bought iPhones, opened the box and claimed that they received an empty box and sent it back to get refunds. This went on for years before it became too frequent and led to exchanges/refunds being blocked for electronics category. Genuine consumers are suffering as several people friendly policies are revoked due to a few opportunistic people indulging in malpractice.

We look to game the system, so the customer experience suffers. Trust works both ways.

This is in no way an excuse for the shipping issues they have. Amazon transport services is pathetic. This was just to clarify why they cannot be as consumer centric here (free replacement etc) as in the UK etc.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 21st October 2016 at 15:38.
Old 21st October 2016, 16:45   #5088
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried TataCliq.com, yet another online retail store (Multibrand). I tried it on 3 different occasions and never got the product delivered from them. Two were headphones and one Glucometer. It is unfortunate to see how large enterprises like Tatas can't be as efficient and nimble as flipkart. Their customer service believes these are one off cases and it is total BS.

Sadly I see another Tata enterprise going to dogs.
Old 21st October 2016, 17:02   #5089
Distinguished - BHPian

My lost Amaazon.UK order: so far so good...
Quote:
I've upgraded your replacement delivery method to make sure you receive it as soon as possible, at no extra charge to you, due to the inconvenience caused
Despatched from Germany on 19th, arrived Chennai, via Dubai and Mumbai, on 21st. Less than 24 hours!

The big test is how long it takes to cover the last few km. Supposed to arrive Monday.
Old 21st October 2016, 18:17   #5090
BHPian

KARCHER HIGH PRESSURE WASHER K2 COMPACT (55% Discount)

Seems to be a good deal, do not know about the delivery reputation though.

I already bought a Bosch 37 13 from Amazon during the last sale, had always wanted a Karcher though.

http://www.industrybuying.com/home-c...CL.HO.1434665/

Model No. : K2 Compact
Rs. Rs.5,778 -

MRP - Rs. 12,999

COD available
Old 21st October 2016, 18:40   #5091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
I already bought a Bosch 37 13 from Amazon during the last sale, had always wanted a Karcher though.
i purchased a Karcher 550 model for about 13k about 2-3 years back and got only about 30-40 uses from it before it started leaking. the head needed to be replaced. The head costs about 4K. Not at all worth the money and consider yourself lucky. I feel my purchase was money thrown away and am yet to get the head replaced. There are others on this forum with similar issues. My piece was made in Romania...
Old 22nd October 2016, 09:09   #5092
Senior - BHPian

Bosch has a blue line of pressure washers that are supposed to hold up better for daily pressure washing than its DIY range of green pressure washers which are supposed to be used infrequently once a week kinda jobs.

Karcher quality has fallen but it too has a professional line which starts at 70k. Another professional line is Kranzle which starts at 30k for a basic professional pressure washer. Makita, black & decker, hitachi, skil are not prfessional grade pressure washers in India and skimp on component quality which gives away under pressure
Old 22nd October 2016, 14:29   #5093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Bosch has a blue line of pressure washers ...

Karcher quality has fallen but it too has a professional line which starts at 70k. Another professional line is Kranzle which starts at 30k ...
Thank you, lurker, for that overview.

Looks like the "professional" washers are outside the reach of most of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
... Despatched from Germany on 19th, arrived Chennai, via Dubai and Mumbai, on 21st. Less than 24 hours! The big test is how long it takes to cover the last few km. Supposed to arrive Monday.
Ha ha... it hasn't got any closer yet!
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:55   #5094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I'm considering getting Amazon Prime......concern is my internet speed which is usually 1-2 MBPS at best.
Would be best to just try and see if it works in your specific situation. Don't know if prime still has free trial or not, but even at cost of 1 month's service it is not too expensive to try.
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:27   #5095
Senior - BHPian

No refund from Snapdeal after cancellation

I placed an order for an iphone on Oct 3 from Snapdeal. Estimated delivery was Oct 9-13. The shipment got stuck in the Bluedart Kolkata warehouse on Oct 7. I finally called Bluedart on Oct 12 and they promised to make the delivery on Oct 13.

No delivery came on Oct 13 and I cancelled the order. Refund was estimated on Oct 19. Around that date I received an SMS saying the refund would be delayed because Snapdeal needs to get the shipment back to their warehouse before initiating a refund. Why the heck should the customer suffer because of their logistic problems , just because Bluedart screwed up ?

I made a complaint on their FB page, and while I've received 2 calls from them , I still haven't got my refund. My 16,499/- is stuck and I don't know when I'll get it back.

The fundamental problem is that they won't initiate the refund unless they get it back in their warehouse.

There's no way they'll reach the league of Amazon or Flipkart unless they sort out such basic anti-customer measures. I'm going to confine my purchases from Snapdeal to low ticket items < 5K in the future.

Order details :

The Online Shopping Thread-snapdeal.jpg

Bluedart courier tracking - stuck at Kolkata Airport Bluedart warehouse since Oct 7 !

The Online Shopping Thread-bluedart.jpg

Last edited by sdp1975 : 23rd October 2016 at 12:41.
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:35   #5096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Would be best to just try and see if it works in your specific situation. Don't know if prime still has free trial or not, but even at cost of 1 month's service it is not too expensive to try.
Thabks for all your inputs. I'm signing up for the Netflix free trial and seeing if SD streaming is good. Of it works out, I will sign up for Prime. At 499 it's not a big gamble even if it flops.
Old 25th October 2016, 09:45   #5097
BHPian

Any inputs would be appreciated regarding tracking of items to be delivered by China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus. The tracking number is 038284XXXXX. Aliexpress site is showing tracking within China only.
Old 25th October 2016, 09:57   #5098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Any inputs would be appreciated regarding tracking of items to be delivered by China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus. The tracking number is 038284XXXXX. Aliexpress site is showing tracking within China only.
These small packets cannot be tracked after they are shipped out of china. Even i had asked the seller for some of my items and this is the message that i got from them "If you choose shipping method "China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus", it CANNOT be monitored after parcel leaves China."
Hope this helps.
Old 25th October 2016, 09:57   #5099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Used to refer this site for that:
https://www.17track.net/en

Been some time since i bought anything from aliexpress so not sure how good the tracking site still is.
Old 25th October 2016, 09:59   #5100
BANNED

Quote:
No tracking really works for these Ordinary post items. Just wait and watch for your parcel to arrive if you are lucky. Sometimes 17Track gives out information.

I have 8 such small parcels on the way from 22 days. No sign of them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks