Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 10:12   #5161
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I ordered a Fujitsu lifebook laptop from PayTM on November 4 for Rs.24,899. This was my first buy from PayTM.
A bit shocked to hear this happen in this day and age. I never shop from Paytm, first of all the whole app seems weird to shop, next why would you look for an expensive item on Paytm? Amazon (fulfilled) items are literally 100% peace of mind, just stick to that.

And Amazon's CS is top notch. I have used FK previously but more and more I find new items which have scratches (I replaced both phones bought with them) and even the Chromecast - unfortunately these were items that were only on FK, hence I had no choice. But they are still better and trustworthy than those websites springing up everywhere.

I would specially be wary if I purchase any high value item from any other website.
Old 29th December 2016, 10:59   #5162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
We couldnt cancel the credit card transaction since it was past the 48hr window and its a fraud case so the bank cannot help directly.
If you paid for something via credit card and you did not receive the goods/service within promised time, you can initiate a chargeback. Tell your card issuing bank that you want to do that. Usually they have a form that you need to submit, and take about 4-6 weeks to investigate.
Old 29th December 2016, 14:45   #5163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Hey, I was at the receiving end of a seller by the same name....Watch out for this M/s Khushi Enterprises.
Law == eunuch. That's why fraudsters like them thrive. The only way to tackle this kind of "sellers" is, we spread the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Amazon (fulfilled) items are literally 100% peace of mind, just stick to that.
I would specially be wary if I purchase any high value item from any other website.
Buddy, lesson learnt and I passed with a A+. In this case, my first choice was indeed Amazon and nowhere else. But it had turned out that Amazon will not ship such a high value shipment to my location, which is a good 50kms away from Trivandrum. Amazon will not ship products valued greater than 10K to addresses that fall outside 30kms of city limits, apparently. Maybe I'm wrong here.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 29th December 2016 at 14:49.
Old 29th December 2016, 19:21   #5164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Not sure on what you should do now, as I never do "online" shopping of any kind. Do talk to a lawyer at the earliest, preferably one with knowledge of cyber-thingy laws of such nature. Then hope and pray that the money comes back. Scary how virtual thugs spend such time and effort to perpetuate a hoax, no pride in ethics anymore?

Here's what you should do to bring new sofas to your home, though.. DON'T look for them online. Go to a decent furniture maker near your home and have it customised to your taste or get one of the ready models after checking for comfort and space.

I've sat in a online-thingy furniture at a colleague's house.. most uncomfortable sofa I've sat in thus far and it costed 3x more than what I'd paid for the ones at home. The under-thigh support was not there and the cushion had an arch which was firm and the "leather" was slippery to say the least. In comparison we customized the set to have low-density foam overall and 3 inch deep fibre-filling over the arm-rest portions and chose the rexine leather of best quality (very pliable, grippy and soft, hard to tear/crack). The price for 3+1+1? A shocking 24k total, 3 years ago, though. There are far too many factors for sofa buying which an online buying process simply cannot satisfy in my view, maybe a few have gotten lucky but I wouldn't go that route.
Actually I wouldnt buy a sofa without trying, especially online. Our previous one is 30 odd years now so just wanted a change. We had tried out and liked the sofa at the pepperfry studio and found it very comfortable which is the only reason we were comfortable buying it online. But since it kept going out of stock before we could order, a Google search of the brand and model led me to inkgrid which was next in the list after pepperfry so I placed the order.

As such the bank is saying it holds of payment for only 48hrs and then sends to the seller so I lost out on that window and apparently since it is a fraud case they cannot reverse it as they could if it was a wrong payment or stolen card
Old 29th December 2016, 20:30   #5165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
So I had my first bad online shopping experience in 10 years......
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If you paid for something via credit card .....
I was in the same situation. I had paid using a ICICI debit card. What @binand said worked for me. I wrote to the bank. They asked me to fill a form and thats it. The only issue is that it takes 4-8 weeks to sort it out.
Old 29th December 2016, 20:51   #5166
BHPian

Online shopping is definitely not PayTm's forte. Heard too many disaster stories. Stick to e-Wallet with PayTm.
Old 29th December 2016, 23:39   #5167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Online shopping is definitely not PayTm's forte. Heard too many disaster stories. Stick to e-Wallet with PayTm.
There are certain things you can buy through PatyTM. I recently bought international air tickets and got 10% cashback making the effective price much lower than other travel sites.

For electronics and other high price items, I would stick to Amazon only though.
Old 30th December 2016, 07:37   #5168
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quite weird. Yours might be a slightly isolated experience.

I ve bought quite a few times on Paytm since March 2016. High value items too. Like Tyres and other things. In fact on Tyres alone in this calendar year, for both my vehicles, I have spent in excess of 50K on Paytm.

No regrets because I ve used Paytm mostly on account of the "cash backs" and even when comparing to Amazon or Snapdeal or Flipkart, the deals have really been very very good indeed.

And I ve been served well so far. On time. Good product which is not some old product being dumped on me.

Cashbacks have been credited immediately too.

Pretty happy with them so I recently did my KYC too with them, so that the transaction limit per month is increased appreciably, as a measure of convenience for myself.

Also, what I ve been observing of late is the price of iPhone 7 - it seems least expensive on Paytm. Because of the guaranteed cash back.

Worth considering in my book.

Note: I don't work for any of these e com companies. Im just a customer who is enjoying the discounts and cash backs that these e com blokes are doling out.

Considering that we pay such usurious taxes to our Dastardly Government, I feel I am saving and retrieving something at least by taking advantage of these discounts and cash backs from the e com companies!

For me, in order of Priority, I like Amazon best because I regularly use their India, US and UK sites and have been doing so for ages. Indeed the US site right from year 2000 or so and the UK site from 2004. (Mostly for books and DVDs).

I like Paytm next because of its cash backs and deals for the specific products Im interested in (very tactical involvement here.)

I like buying shoes and such (sports stuff) on Myntra for sure.

I used to love Flipkart but nowadays they seem very "cheap and low end" somehow and on account of their focus on merchandise that is of no interest to me, I no longer patronise them at all.

I somehow don't really like SnapDeal and never really have done - I don't know why.

I dont like Jabong because anyway nothing on that site fits me!

I don't like eBay India either because the stuff available on it seems very low end and rubbishy to me.

I don't like ShopClues and Naaptol etc - these are oddball sites - probably they are targeting a different type of consumer.
Old 31st December 2016, 12:17   #5169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quite weird. Yours might be a slightly isolated experience.

I ve bought quite a few times on Paytm since March 2016. High value items too. Like Tyres and other things. In fact on Tyres alone in this calendar year, for both my vehicles, I have spent in excess of 50K on Paytm.
Good to know this side of PayTm. Maybe i got to hear only the bad side. Will try some shopping then.
Old 2nd January 2017, 21:13   #5170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Amazon (fulfilled) items are literally 100% peace of mind, just stick to that.
Amen. Ordered the same laptop from Amazon and it was delivered today, one day ahead of schedule to an address in Trivandrum. Collected it, opened it, powered it up and brought it home an hour back.

Everything was excellent, the Prime delivery operation, the packaging and the product (so far), which was factory-fresh. Just perfect..! Not wasting TBHP server space and bandwidth with photos.

I think Fiat should wind up their dealer network and tie up with Amazon for delivering cars and spares. Just kidding.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screen-shot-20170102-9.28.42-pm.png  

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd January 2017 at 21:30.
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:24   #5171
Senior - BHPian

What's up with Quikr. Their doorstep delivery system looks god send for people like me who don't get frequent choices here in Goa but I paid six times full amount to six different sellers from different cities, all backed out when the time for handing over of the product to Quikr came. So while actually the seller was at fault but the image of Quikr has taken a beating in the process.
Old 2nd January 2017, 23:32   #5172
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows a good online retailer to buy 4.5 inch speakers?

I am trying to repair an old Philips sterio and below is the speaker I need. Philips customer care said they dont have these speakers available.

Tried with car speakers, but they wont work due to higher power rating.

Last resort is to travel to SP road in Bangalore and search.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170101_184312623.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170101_184304055.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2017, 13:26   #5173
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
On the receiving end of Amazon.in for the first time.

Sister orders a Moto G4 plus yesterday with exchange of her old phone. Order is processed and shipped as well. This morning she receives a message saying order is cancelled. Multiple calls to customer care, they advice to re-order with COD as bank didn't transfer the money to Amazon.

Unfortunately now our location doesn't have the option of exchange!! Customer care cannot help as well.
A late update - got the phone on the original mentioned delivery date (31-Dec). Even though we had received e-mail and sms stating order cancelled and confirmed from customer care as well, but the order tracking page was regularly updating the status of transit!!

I had even tweeted Jeff Bezos and linked my above post . Happy that the order came through with the exchange offer.
Old 3rd January 2017, 13:29   #5174
BHPian

Can someone suggest a good quality car mobile holder? Price no bar.
Best I could find was this. Any experiences?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-image.png  

Old 3rd January 2017, 13:56   #5175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Can someone suggest a good quality car mobile holder? Price no bar.
Best I could find was this. Any experiences?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
Since you said price no bar, I think you should look at iottie. In the past 4 years, I have used two mobile holders from iottie and none of the 6-7 holders I have used prior to that do not come anywhere close to these.

I'm currently using the below product from iottie. Do note that this is from the global store and would take over a week for delivery.

http://www.amazon.in/iOttie-Touch-Mo...eywords=iottie

The below one is being sold by Cloudtail.
http://www.amazon.in/iOttie-HLCRIO12...eywords=iottie

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks