Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 20:19   #5236

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Has anyone used www.luxehues.com? Some of the prices are very tempting.

Considering the amount and variety of products listed on it, I really doubt if they are genuine.
Old 19th February 2017, 14:15   #5237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
They had a showroom in Bangalore's Jeevan Bhima Nagar main road; but it was shuttered about a year back.
That's where we got our sofa set from. Their website says the Bengaluru store is in HSR Layout near BDA complex. Guess they moved.
Old 19th February 2017, 19:23   #5238
BHPian

I saw that all my recent purchases at Amazon have only 10-12 days window for returns. Any idea from when this started?

In any case, this is a really bad move by Amazon, especially for implementing it without any prior notice. Due to the removal of advantages like this, online shopping is slowly losing its sheen as the prices are cheaper offline in many cases and many offline stores have slowly started allowing returns/exchanges.
Old 20th February 2017, 21:22   #5239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
2016-12-03 14:28 India, KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO, Transfer from office of exchange (Inb), Air, CED BANGALORE
2016-12-03 09:59 India, KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO, Receive item at office of exchange (Inb), Air, KOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
2016-11-29 14:30 Taiwan (Province of China), TAIPEI INT AMF, Insert item into bag (Otb), Air
2016-11-28 16:11 Taiwan (Province of China), 400067, Receive item from customer (Otb), Air

The package is stuck at customs Bangalore for more than a month now. Any idea whom should I contact to get it released?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Visit pgportal.gov.in and file a complaint under department of posts.
As suggested, I had raised a grievance on the portal against the Department of Posts. Looks like it was forwarded to Kolkata customs instead of Bangalore! They have conveniently washed off their hands saying I need to check with Karnataka circle. The grievance should have been forward to Bangalore customs in the first place. Any idea how to get in touch with them? Below is the reply:

Date of Receipt : 30 Jan 2017
Received by : Department of Posts
Forwarded to : West Bengal Postal Circle
Contact Address : Office of the Ch.PMG, West Bengal Circle Yogayog Bhawan Kolkata-700012
Contact Number : 03322120500

Grievance Description: I am supposed to receive a parcel that was shipped from Taiwan on 28 November 2016. Parcel has reached Bangalore on 03 December 2016. It is more than two months since then and there is no information on when it will be delivered. Please do the needful. Tracking Number RR118393495TW Origin Carrier Taiwan CN Chunghwa Post Destination Carrier India Post

Current Status : CASE CLOSED
Date of Action : 17 Feb 2017

Details : SSRM, Kolkata RMS Dn reported that the RL No.RR118393495TW was received by KAF/1 dated 03.12.16 and the same was included in the RP for CED Bangalore Import dated 03.12.16 (Wt 14.7 Kg, bag No. RBW0005581805 ) w/e/at/Sl No. 8/55. That bag was consigned to MA Kol APTMO dated 03.12.16. Total bags in the Mail list were 27. Finally the same was despatched by KAF Sub Set dated 03.12.16 under entry in the Mail list 24/27 through Schedule No.-10. SSRM, Kolkata AP Stg Dn reported that the RP bag i/q was received and included in the waybill for M/A Bangalore AP TMO sl no. 9/17 wt 14.7/145 by Kol AP TMO/2 dt 31/12/2016. Finally the same waybill was e/a sl no. 1 in the waybill for M/A Bangalore AP TMO prepared by Kol AP TMO/3A dtd 03/12/2016 in C/w BD-201. Further disposal of the article is available with Bangalore AP TMO. Case may kindly be taken up with Karnataka Circle for further disposal of the article.
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:55   #5240
BHPian

Hello! Any of the members ever purchased a paper shredder online?

I saw some on Amazon and Flipkart but unable to finalize.

Budget is 5000/-

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:12   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

The biggest plus point is Gearbest offers four different shipping options out of which the priority line is the best one. It costs hardly anything($1 or so) however, the item is shipped through GATI instead of EMS and products usually arrive within 5-10 days. Now no more waiting and forgetting what we have ordered compared to what used to happen earlier with the China Post registered parcels. Would highly recommend this.
Based on your recommendation placed one order on gerabest on 18-feb, and indeed it got delivered on 23-feb. Chose priority line. I wish aliexpress had such shipping option, I am fade up with aliexpress with > 30 days delays. But we can't deny that aliexpress have better product portfolio than gearbest.
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:20   #5242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
Any idea how to get in touch with them?
Simple. Raise another grievance but do not mention anything about Kolkata and only complain about CED Bangalore and check if that works. Else its very difficult to get in touch with these people directly. I have tried various phone numbers and email addresses but did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Based on your recommendation placed one order on gerabest on 18-feb, and indeed it got delivered on 23-feb. Chose priority line. I wish aliexpress had such shipping option, I am fade up with aliexpress with > 30 days delays. But we can't deny that aliexpress have better product portfolio than gearbest.
True. But that is due to the operating model. In case of GB, they stock all the products instead of the marketplace model of Aliexpress. Hence, the products are limited and shipping and handling is quite consistent.
Old 25th February 2017, 12:04   #5243
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, is it painless to get stuff from amazon. Com shipped to india with them deducting and paying customs? Anything i should be wary of?

Do you also recommend i ship to borderlinx or equivalent and then further ship to india? Would i have cheaper shipping fees and possibly lower duties?

Item is a single motorcyle chain and sprocket kit costing 115 usd.
Old 25th February 2017, 13:31   #5244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Guys, is it painless to get stuff from amazon. Com shipped to india with them deducting and paying customs? Anything i should be wary of?
I've placed multiple orders on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk for electronics, tools and books, and have never been disappointed by them.

For me, the part I like is that they take care of the end-to-end delivery, including the shipping and customs. I've never looked around much for other options due to the hassle-free nature of Amazon, and given the added cost was reasonable to me (bear in mind that if you choose faster shipping options, the shipping rates increase dramatically).

Nothing to be wary of. Just ensure you have some KYC documentation soft-copies available, since the company doing the shipping (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL) might ask for it (this request comes after the order is placed and items dispatched, and prior to customs clearance). You might have to email it to them, or upload it onto a specific portal. Nothing time consuming here either.

Many other people on TBHP prefer Ali Express due to the somewhat better prices there - the only challenge is that the delivery time taken varies significantly based on which shipping method is used (few weeks to few months is not unheard of).
Old 25th February 2017, 13:45   #5245
Senior - BHPian

Now baby formulas like Aptamil and Enfamil are available in Amazon and few other sites since these brands have launched officially in India. The quality of Nestle baby formula brands in India are not really positive as per me.
Old 27th February 2017, 08:44   #5246
Senior - BHPian

Anyone with experience of shopping from www.keyboardshop.in? There is a particular computer part that I have found only there so far (the original vendor's service centre's been sitting on it for 2 months now); it costs about 6.5K so would like an opinion before actually placing the order.
Old 27th February 2017, 10:12   #5247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Anyone with experience of shopping from www.keyboardshop.in? There is a particular computer part that I have found only there so far (the original vendor's service centre's been sitting on it for 2 months now); it costs about 6.5K so would like an opinion before actually placing the order.
What I discovered is that many firms are not interested in any service to units out of AMC. My son has a Lenovo where his son managed to get some Cola into the keyboard. He was getting the run around from the local ASS in Gurugram. I finally contacted a friend in the business in Kanpur and he arranged to get the keyboard replaced within a week. During discussions it transpired that the vendor is least bothered about service / spares for units not under AMC.
Old 27th February 2017, 10:21   #5248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My son has a Lenovo where his son managed to get some Cola into the keyboard. He was getting the run around from the local ASS in Gurugram.
Funny you should mention Lenovo, because they're the ones I'm having trouble with too. :-)
Old 27th February 2017, 10:22   #5249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I saw that all my recent purchases at Amazon have only 10-12 days window for returns. Any idea from when this started?

In any case, this is a really bad move by Amazon, especially for implementing it without any prior notice. Due to the removal of advantages like this, online shopping is slowly losing its sheen as the prices are cheaper offline in many cases and many offline stores have slowly started allowing returns/exchanges.
That's the norm these days. FK,Amazon all seem to have silently withdrawn their 30-days return policy. What's worse with Amazon is they expect you to get a DOA certificate from the company's service center if you get a defective product! Happened with a colleague and he finally sold the device on olx for a loss. I have altogether stopped buying anything more than a few hundred bucks online. It just isn't worth the risk anymore.
Old 27th February 2017, 12:19   #5250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
FK,Amazon all seem to have silently withdrawn their 30-days return policy. What's worse with Amazon is they expect you to get a DOA certificate from the company's service center if you get a defective product!
I agree - very very sneaky and restrictive change. I advise everyone to very carefully study the following page before spending thousands on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custome...deId=201149900

Most Viewed