Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 23:01   #541
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I have had a bad experience with Ebay once and only once. But the amount got refunded promptly. I would recommend Ebay only catch is to know what you are buying.

Example: A 'Belkin' car charger being sold for 175 odd bucks does not look right, so dont buy it. I did and it killed my phone, but it was my mistake.

However I have ordered batteries, home tools, bags, car duster and quite a few items and I am more or less satisfied with Ebay. I do feel they ship faster than Flipkart as well.
Old 19th June 2013, 11:04   #542
BHPian

Recently, I have been getting a number of emails and sms from from myntra.com. They are offering 20% off to so called 'regular' customers. But when I attempted to check what's on offer, I was disappointed to find nothing interesting. There are fewer products in the categories I checked. And there has been no introduction of a new category either.
It appears that myntra is falling on hard times (facing the heat from flipkart/jabong perhaps)
Old 20th June 2013, 08:51   #543
BHPian

Has any one tried pepperfry.com ? How good/bad are they ?

The company profile looks good and they have very different collection compared to some other similar companies.
Old 20th June 2013, 12:25   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Has any one tried pepperfry.com ? How good/bad are they ?

The company profile looks good and they have very different collection compared to some other similar companies.
Peeperfry is very good site and good service. I purchased no of items from them. Return service is also good. Last time when i returned one item they offered me some pepperfry points as goodwill gesture
Old 20th June 2013, 12:48   #545
Senior - BHPian

Has flipkart removed the TV/Audio category throughout India? I thought it was only done for UP state.

I'm sitting in my Noida office so not sure whether my location has anything to do with it.
Old 20th June 2013, 12:53   #546
BHPian

I tried dx.com for a nokia battery charger and a car clock. I ordered on the 14th May. I have yet to see any signs of it reaching me. On contacting CC they informed it takes 3-5 weeks for a product to get to India. In case you want faster shipping you need to pay extra.

Not sure if anyone else faced the same issue but I am staying away for dx.com
Old 20th June 2013, 12:55   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Has flipkart removed the TV/Audio category throughout India? I thought it was only done for UP state.

I'm sitting in my Noida office so not sure whether my location has anything to do with it.
Yup no more COD orders for more than 10k in UP. It seems people were ordering for fun and then returning things at the doorstep.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:14   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Yup no more COD orders for more than 10k in UP. It seems people were ordering for fun and then returning things at the doorstep.
I'm aware of this. Just wanted to check whether me not being able to see the TV category is due to the fact that I'm in Noida or is it not available to other folks outside of UP as well.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:49   #549
Oxy
BHPian

How good is tradus.com. Anyone has experience dealing with them?

I am planning to buy an IPad Mini from there (16 GB, Wifi only model). The price quoted is Rs.17,999 which I think is too good to be true.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:59   #550
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I'm aware of this. Just wanted to check whether me not being able to see the TV category is due to the fact that I'm in Noida or is it not available to other folks outside of UP as well.
Yep, items like TV, Refrigerator, AC etc have been removed from flipkart for all cities in india.
Old 20th June 2013, 14:30   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I tried dx.com for a nokia battery charger and a car clock. I ordered on the 14th May. I have yet to see any signs of it reaching me. On contacting CC they informed it takes 3-5 weeks for a product to get to India. In case you want faster shipping you need to pay extra.

Not sure if anyone else faced the same issue but I am staying away for dx.com
Well, that's standard times for dx. You could have opted for tracking, as the maximum time it's taken by customs. at least you'd have known where the shipment was.
I've bought more than a few things ranging from a couple of bucks to hundreds, never a problem.
You just can't beat the prices.
The record stands at 3months for delivery.
Old 20th June 2013, 15:16   #552
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a prank item from dx last or last to last year and that was my first experience with them. I was asked to wait and after waiting for about ~2 months, I was shipped another item as I never received the first one. I think the total delivery time was ~3-4 months for me.

After that I've ordered at least 5-6 times however, never has a product reached me before 40-45 days.

Also, I've never received the item in hand. I've always found it thrown on the front porch so not sure what kind of shipping service they use in India.
Old 20th June 2013, 15:44   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Well, that's standard times for dx. You just can't beat the prices.
The record stands at 3months for delivery.
Quote:
I think the total delivery time was ~3-4 months for me.

After that I've ordered at least 5-6 times however, never has a product reached me before 40-45 days.

Also, I've never received the item in hand. I've always found it thrown on the front porch so not sure what kind of shipping service they use in India.
What? 3-4 Months?

Prices? This is the first time I am purchasing - but aren't all the products Made in China? I am not sure about the reliability of such products, so had to make sure the first order was more of a tester.

With the comments above, I am not sure if I would ever buy for them again. They 'dont' sell any earth shattering products - that was my first opinion. The prices are okay - its cheaper than ebay by about 20-25%, but atleast and ebay shipment reaches mostly with 4-5 days. Even the imported items reach in 2 weeks!

Another question: say If I dont get the item by next week (officially 6 weeks over) how easy it is to claim a refund?

Last edited by pratyush6 : 20th June 2013 at 15:46.
Old 20th June 2013, 15:46   #554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I ordered a prank item from dx last or last to last year and that was my first experience with them. I was asked to wait and after waiting for about ~2 months, I was shipped another item as I never received the first one. I think the total delivery time was ~3-4 months for me.

When you buy something paying 3-4$, do you expect the seller to give you EMS or DHL kind of shipping which costs 20$+?
Why blame the e-commerce site.
dx.com, and kaidomain, or whatever, give you a choice.
You can choose
1. Free shipping - Item may reach within 3 months if you are lucky. Most of the times it will get lost
2. Free shipping with tracking number - 20 days. 95%+ chance of shipping. Sellers charge 3-4$ extra for this option
3. EMS - 20$ or so. Within a week you should have the item at your customs office
4. DHL - within 3 days item will be at customs office cost 50$
Old 20th June 2013, 15:49   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
!

Another question: say If I dont get the item by next week (officially 6 weeks over) how easy it is to claim a refund?
You can raise a ticket. They are quite customer friendly in that regards.they'll either arrange for a re ship, or refund,your choice.
on the price front, last item I ordered was a pair of replacement ballasts. 24 bucks for both.
The same one, same packaging was available on eBay for 1300 of rupees for one.

Last edited by mayankk : 20th June 2013 at 15:51.

Most Viewed