Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 00:11   #5536
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 466
Thanked: 430 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you want Kayani Bakery Pune's Shrewsbury Biscuits or Pachranga Pickle direct from the original makers in Haryana, they're your go to portal.
been using this site for some time now. Noticed they charge about 10-18% above the normal price and sometimes above the mrp too. Some sellers do not have a mrp on their products but the pickle etc did have it. They are definitely improving in the way they package the nankatais, papdis etc now than a year back!
diyguy is offline  
Old 12th September 2017, 01:44   #5537
Senior - BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,245
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

My aunt who's living in Rajkot (GJ) has fractured her shoulder (thanks to the public traffic sense there) & mum wants lunch to be delivered to her on a regular basis.

Mum used to use FoodPanda to send Ice Cream, Pizza etc. on occasions, but FoodPanda doesn't have regular food restaurants listed.

I found a website called rajkotian that is a local restaurant aggregator, but they don't have an online payment option (it's only COD viz not preferred as it takes away from the "effect").

Any clue what I can try ? Need a stable alternative for regular use.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. : Btw, mum's preferred hotel is "The Thakar" who serve a rather famous thali. Present plan is to call the place & ask if I can pay by PayTm.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 12th September 2017 at 01:47.
GrammarNazi is online now  
Old 12th September 2017, 06:26   #5538
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,256
Thanked: 5,074 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Present plan is to call the place & ask if I can pay by PayTm.
Don't forget IMPS instant payment either. It truly is instant and possibly more 'palatable' as it directly credits the destination bank account instead of an intermediate account like Paytm.
itwasntme is offline  
Old 12th September 2017, 07:33   #5539
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 6,257
Thanked: 19,871 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Any clue what I can try ? Need a stable alternative for regular use.
You know Rajkot and you also know how things work here - Talk to the restaurant owner, explain the situation and like itwasntme says, see if you can make them agree for PayTM or IMPS - Notifications are instant.

Or else, let me know and I can make my folks there talk to the restaurant owners, after all, its the famous Thakar restaurant and its little I can do from here thinking about the spread and good cause .
paragsachania is offline  
Old 12th September 2017, 19:28   #5540
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 1,091 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Horrible packaging from amazon.

Ordered for 2 LED bulbs from amazon ( Cloudtail ) and received this enclosed inside a loose plastic covering - no bubble wrap and the packet torn on one side. When I received it from the delivery guy , the bulbs had come out of the cardboard packet and I could feel them through the plastic covering. It's a wonder the bulbs didn't break ! The bulbs look used , but they do work.


The Online Shopping Thread-bulb.jpg

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th September 2017 at 19:42.
sdp1975 is offline  
Old 12th September 2017, 20:59   #5541
Senior - BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,245
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Don't forget IMPS instant payment either. It truly is instant and possibly more 'palatable' as it directly credits the destination bank account instead of an intermediate account like Paytm.
Yes, they preferred IMPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You know Rajkot and you also know how things work here - Talk to the restaurant owner, explain the situation and like itwasntme says, see if you can make them agree for PayTM or IMPS - Notifications are instant.

Or else, let me know and I can make my folks there talk to the restaurant owners, after all, its the famous Thakar restaurant and its little I can do from here thinking about the spread and good cause .
Thanks Parag bhai, very kind of you!
Spoke with them & things worked out nicely!

Thanks again!
GrammarNazi is online now  
Old 13th September 2017, 06:41   #5542
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,924
Thanked: 6,545 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
been using this site for some time now. Noticed they charge about 10-18% above the normal price and sometimes above the mrp too. Some sellers do not have a mrp on their products but the pickle etc did have it. They are definitely improving in the way they package the nankatais, papdis etc now than a year back!
They do have additional distribution and other costs and need to make a profitl

In any case the premium that is paid is far less than it would cost me to get a train or air ticket to go to the actual shop and buy from there. Well worth it.
hserus is offline  
Old 13th September 2017, 09:21   #5543
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MADRAS
Posts: 632
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Horrible packaging from amazon. The bulbs look used , but they do work.
Did you ask for a replacement/refund? Was the order Amazon fulfilled? Is the seller cloudtail?
dre@ms is offline  
Old 13th September 2017, 09:40   #5544
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 1,091 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Did you ask for a replacement/refund? Was the order Amazon fulfilled? Is the seller cloudtail?
I didn't ask for a replacement/refund. The seller was Cloudtail and it was fulfilled by amazon. Got the pair for 499/- . The bulbs were in working condition and they have a 2 yr warranty. I can't be sure if they were used or not , but I do see some spot marks on the bulb.

Here's the item : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by sdp1975 : 13th September 2017 at 09:53.
sdp1975 is offline  
Old 14th September 2017, 15:14   #5545
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 650
Thanked: 987 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Should one be concerned about the validity of manufacturer warranty on Dell/Lenovo etc Laptops sold on Amazon/Flipkart? Especially on Amazon, 'Manufacturer warranty of one year from date of purchase" is mentioned under many of the laptops. Despite this, does anybody know if there could be an issue with the manufacturer honoring the warranty, especially if bought as part of their Great Indian/Big billion sales on double digit discounts?

Manufacturer warranty had become an issue a couple of years back, not sure what the situation is now. I spoke to a cutomer care rep at Dell who mentioned that if the particular item is from an older batch, then warranty could be an issue if the online retailer does not update the product details with the manufacturer while selling it, to ensure warranty for the customer from the date of purchase.

Last edited by hothatchaway : 14th September 2017 at 15:16.
hothatchaway is offline  
Old 14th September 2017, 16:25   #5546
Team-BHP Support
 
Chetan_Rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,424
Thanked: 11,031 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
....I spoke to a cutomer care rep at Dell who mentioned that if the particular item is from an older batch, then warranty could be an issue if the online retailer does not update the product details with the manufacturer while selling it, to ensure warranty for the customer from the date of purchase.
I faced something similar during a recent Macbook purchase.

Warranty check showed a start date two months old (presumably when the re-seller would've bought the batch). Apple Support asked me to upload a proof of retail purchase on the support portal and adjusted my warranty coverage within 24 hours.

You could probably ask the support guys if they can do similar if the situation arises, given most online sellers (except manufacturers' direct sales channels) are technically re-sellers and there will usually be some gap between the two sales (manufacturer > re-seller > end customer).
Chetan_Rao is offline  
Old 18th September 2017, 14:01   #5547
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 782
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Should one be concerned about the validity of manufacturer warranty on Dell/Lenovo etc Laptops sold on Amazon/Flipkart? Especially on Amazon, 'Manufacturer warranty of one year from date of purchase" is mentioned under many of the laptops. Despite this, does anybody know if there could be an issue with the manufacturer honoring the warranty, especially if bought as part of their Great Indian/Big billion sales on double digit discounts?
Warranty can be big issue. I would recommend you to call the manufacturer and confirm if you can buy from Amazon or flipkart and then only buy.

I did the mistake of not checking with manufacturer and trusting the seller while buying Yamaha Sound Bar. Even though he had provided me retail invoice, but Yamaha told me there will be an Indian Warranty card in their dealer sold products which would not be available for imported or non-dealer seller. Luckily the damage was limited. But i wont repeat the mistake of buying any costly items without verifying with manufacturer.

My review of the Yamaha soundbar.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R3CAHYZHPRHJTL/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B073YC5PVB

I checked with manufacturer like Carrier and Daikin for AC, they had no problem in warranty as long as 1st installation is done by their service center. They told you can buy from anywhere.
shamanth is offline  
Old 19th September 2017, 12:48   #5548
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,138
Thanked: 687 Times
Default

Has anyone got any idea about the return or order cancellation policy of Decathlon. I ordered a few things which I don't think will reach before Saturday which is when I am leaving for the Mt. Everest base camp. Delivery after which will render the items useless.
Pancham is offline  
Old 20th September 2017, 11:57   #5549
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 641
Thanked: 1,293 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Hi all
I am looking for battery change for my mapmyIndia Car Pad (7" GPS)

Any one has any idea on where to get it? I searched internet and could not find anywhere except this

But, the battery picture shown in 2nd image is not the right battery.

I tried calling Mapmy India customer care but did not get good help.

So, please advise

Also, please suggest if I can go with maxbhi.com and purchase ? and Return if this is wrong product?

Last edited by gkveda : 20th September 2017 at 11:58.
gkveda is offline  
Old 21st September 2017, 09:09   #5550
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 235
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

What kind of deal is this?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-amazonop5.png  

kavensri is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks