Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2017, 13:29   #5716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amazon Disappoints Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I put a review of the product I received and they did not publish it, ...
Amazon has not published my recent negative review either. Yes, selectiveness looks to be the practice.
Old 4th December 2017, 14:44   #5717
BHPian

I bought two sets of Dusk to Dawn LED bulbs from Ali Express from 11.11 sale and the first packet through Gati arrived within 10 days. The second packet is stuck at Kolkata customs, as per tracking. Wonder why it takes such a long time. My first experience with Kolkata. Earlier items came through Mumbai and Chennai without any hassle.
Old 4th December 2017, 15:36   #5718
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

According to tracking, my Aliexpress 1/11 package was sitting in a Hong Kong PO just a day or two ago, and I resigned myself to however long it takes. It turned up today at my door! . No customs.

Neewer diving case and lens for the camera.
Old 4th December 2017, 17:08   #5719
BHPian

Re: Amazon Disappoints Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If they are selling it as brand new then it should be brand new in sealed box. Not some repacked item. I have asked for full refund, i don't want a replacement which would be another used item (as mentioned in the reviews so Im not taking another chance).
Very Reason I don't trust online mobile purchase and always buy my phones at retail outlets particularly when they are higher end, even though they may cost extra.

These incidents of cheating are too high in mobile segment and the wait and the pain inflicted by these dishonest companies in replacing/refund is not worth the purchase.
Old 4th December 2017, 18:59   #5720
BHPian

I've ordered a pair of LED bulbs worth US$ 35 from AliExpress.com.

As per the order tracking page, they were shipped out of China, 5days ago..

The Online Shopping Thread-aliexpress.jpg

No information since.

Do i need to pay any customs duty on these? When can i expect them? What do i do next?
Old 5th December 2017, 01:55   #5721
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Can someone let me know what does "Retained by customs for unspecified reason" mean? I had ordered the dash cam from AE.
Old 5th December 2017, 07:16   #5722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I've ordered a pair of LED bulbs worth US$ 35 from AliExpress.com.

As per the order tracking page, they were shipped out of China, 5days ago..

Attachment 1702644

No information since.

Do i need to pay any customs duty on these? When can i expect them? What do i do next?
Unless you have changed the shipping method, don't expect the parcel to arrive anytime before 30 days. 30-60 days is the a standard delivery time for AliExpress orders.
Old 5th December 2017, 08:58   #5723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Can someone let me know what does "Retained by customs for unspecified reason" mean? I had ordered the dash cam from AE.
Customs will examine the consignment and release. So mentally be prepared to pay the Customs Duty, if levied. Recently, another TBHP'ian paid Customs duty of Rs.1600; Another around Rs.500, I paid Rs.2500 about 4 months back, all cleared by Chennai Customs. So I think, Chennai Customs have a flair for imposing duty on Dashcams!
Old 5th December 2017, 09:18   #5724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Customs will examine the consignment and release. So mentally be prepared to pay the Customs Duty, if levied. Recently, another TBHP'ian paid Customs duty of Rs.1600; Another around Rs.500, I paid Rs.2500 about 4 months back, all cleared by Chennai Customs. So I think, Chennai Customs have a flair for imposing duty on Dashcams!

Thank you batman. The actual cost of the gadget is only around 1800/-(11.11 sale). Would I still have to pay the duty? Is there any slab - as in above 5k attracts duty?
Old 5th December 2017, 10:31   #5725
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you batman. The actual cost of the gadget is only around 1800/-(11.11 sale). Would I still have to pay the duty? Is there any slab - as in above 5k attracts duty?
Petrolhead_chn, please don't come to the conclusion that you will be levied 'customs duty'; just be prepared. I do not have any idea, how an item will be evaluated by customs.

The below article gives you a broad idea about Customs Duty.

https://thetechportal.com/2017/04/20...bal-purchases/

As per this, any imported item can be imposed duty from 14.7% for items valued upto Rs 2000 and 41.5% for the ones valued over Rs. 2000.
Old 5th December 2017, 10:57   #5726
BHPian

Update: Out of 8 orders from 11.11 through AliExpress, 6 have reached and the remaining 2 are still in transit due to China Post.

Even though cheaper and long deliveries, the quality of products are commendable. Especially the wireless charger and SSD caddy for MBP. Absolute lovely.

Now in the hunt for a SD Card Reader and Quick Charger travel adapter
Old 5th December 2017, 11:11   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK the slab is 2k, above which it attracts 40% duty. At least the Bangalore Foreign post office responds to email asking to present the details like invoice, evidence of payment (credit card statement), etc. if one wants to challenge the duty calculation.
Old 5th December 2017, 11:57   #5728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Petrolhead_chn, please don't come to the conclusion that you will be levied 'customs duty'; just be prepared..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
AFAIK the slab is 2k, above which it attracts 40% duty. At least the Bangalore Foreign post office responds to email asking to present the details like invoice, evidence of payment (credit card statement), etc. if one wants to challenge the duty calculation.

Thank you batman and bejoy. Appreciate the responses and I'll keep my fingers crossed until any progress.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:48   #5729
BHPian

Quote:
Going by the trend of known people(4-5) ordering DASHCAMS from AE, no one has paid any duty. If it is through CHINA POST, it is routed through Kolkata. This remark is a new one though and you should probably hang on for a week or so to see if any change occurs.
Are you checking on http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswe...Web_submit.htm ?

If any clarification is required, they will intimate you through a postal letter.

Edit: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4316238
A mention of duty being levied for AE purchased dashcam.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 5th December 2017 at 13:06.
Old 5th December 2017, 14:07   #5730
BHPian

Hi, I have been sent(via TNT courier) some scooter accessories(valued ~£150) from the UK. Now then, i) would I need to pay duty, ii) if yes, how much.

Can anyone help?

Last edited by gendarmee : 5th December 2017 at 14:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks