Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2017, 15:16   #5776
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Am planning to buy LG 32 inch LED for my parents from Amazon

They are offering 1+1 year warranty at 17499 and another 3 years extended for 5000/-

Do you reckon it is a good deal, knowing that my mom likes to spend her day watching TV!

Micromax and BPL are selling same size sets at much lesser price... let me know what you guys feel and any delivery / quality pangs faced that I should be vary of?

Most important - any discount coupons out there with anyone for Amazon? Do forward the details.

Merry Christmas to all.

Last edited by saildrive : 25th December 2017 at 15:18. Reason: Didn't type the website
Old 25th December 2017, 15:47   #5777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
I would like to share a bad experience of buying stuff from China. Had ordered a product worth $30 on 15th Nov and received the product just now. The shipping duration was good and I was excited to un-box my purchase. But to my utter horror, I opened the box to find nothing inside! Nada! The packaging seems fine but the product has been pilfered (whether from seller end, in transit or India post... who knows?) I am sure others have faced similar issues before. This is the biggest problem with buying things off Aliexpress, Banggood, Gearbest, etc. You are helpless. And since delivery happens through India Post, nothing can be done on that front as well. Especially in the pits of UP.

How do you all deal will problems like this? I am just thankful that i have never ordered any really expensive stuff from such sites. Cheers.
Have an update on this. After receiving my tampered package, I had raised a complaint with Banggood.com. Their support team was quite helpful and quickly offered me a choice between refund or shipment of another unit. I had chosen the latter. They then reconfirmed my address over mail and reshipped a fresh unit. It took 20 days, but i have finally received the reshipped unit.

Thanks to the prompt support of Banggood.com, some of my faith on shopping from abroad has been restored. Cheers.
Old 25th December 2017, 23:42   #5778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Am planning to buy LG 32 inch LED for my parents from Amazon

They are offering 1+1 year warranty at 17499 and another 3 years extended for 5000/-

Do you reckon it is a good deal, knowing that my mom likes to spend her day watching TV!
Personally... No. Look at the percentage of the price.

It may well be that profits on the TV are small, and the extended warranty is where they profit. This was a long-time story in UK. Is it India's turn?
Old 26th December 2017, 14:54   #5779
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazon sends me an email, include an offer that I find tempting. But what is it with these people?

Amazon e-mail....

Name:  Amznemail.png
Views: 1633
Size:  25.5 KB

Links to...

Name:  Amznlink.png
Views: 1676
Size:  16.8 KB

And See other offers doesn't make sense...

Name:  Amznoffers.png
Views: 1697
Size:  25.5 KB

Old 26th December 2017, 16:31   #5780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Amazon sends me an email, include an offer that I find tempting. But what is it with these people?
Yep. It is very frustrating and it happens very often

And on that topic, is there any way i can disable listing of amazon USA items? It would show an attractive price but i click on it and bam, add shipping and it goes ballistic
Old 27th December 2017, 19:27   #5781
BHPian

All, please be aware-

http://www.news18.com/news/india/nea...e-1615763.html

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 27th December 2017, 23:59   #5782
BHPian

Placed an order on Amazon India for Hunter Mosquito Killer Swatter on 22nd Dec.

https://www.amazon.in/Hunter-Mosquito-Killer-Swatter-Zapper/dp/B01CCR8C9O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1514398835&sr=8-5&keywords=hunter+mosquito+killer+machine

Along with this item, ordered a few more items.
Proceed to confirm order.
At the address book page, whatever address I would choose from my address book - with addresses all over India - an error message kept popping, saying that the order could not be fulfilled.

Made a phone and email complaint to Amazon.
They called up and asked for time to resolve this issue.
They called up today again and asked me to remove the Hunter Mosquito killer and proceed with the order.
Seems there is an issue with the supplier and product and Amazon plans to scrub this product from their page.
Issue has been resolved since I was able to order the other items after removing the Hunter Mosquito killer.

Now to find another efficient Mosquito killing racket.
Old 28th December 2017, 06:00   #5783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
All, please be aware-

http://www.news18.com/news/india/nea...e-1615763.html

Best,
Enigmatic
Mountain of a molehill. Everyone knows this, Not every ball sold in India with a brand name written on it is original. Most of the shoppers who pay a hundred or two hundred bucks are not even worried about such things. I can understand if someone is buying any product whose MRP is substantial then we do look for sellers and ratings.

Shopclues is known to sell mostly fake stuff, I haven't even bothered with that website. My purchases are almost strictly on Amazon and that too are Amazon fulfilled (and/or Prime) sellers. If you have a problem, they will pick it up, no questions asked.
Old 28th December 2017, 07:55   #5784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Now to find another efficient Mosquito killing racket.
You could try ordering it again; sometimes re-ordering works. This issue has happened to me in the past too.

Otherwise try ordering from one of the alternate sellers. Click on the "5 offers" link and pick another seller who is acceptable to you.
Old 28th December 2017, 08:38   #5785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You could try ordering it again; sometimes re-ordering works. This issue has happened to me in the past too.

Otherwise try ordering from one of the alternate sellers. Click on the "5 offers" link and pick another seller who is acceptable to you.
Yes Sir, that is what I shall do today. Go to an alternate seller and get that mosquito killer.
Very happy with the way Amazon representative resolved my issue.

Now waiting for Amazon to start selling medicines online as they have been given requisite permissions. Then I do not have to deal with Netmeds, Pharmeasy and Practo. Have had bad experiences with Pharmeasy and Practo. Netmeds so far has been very good.

Raised an order for diabetes meds for my father with Practo and paid entire amount online. The local pharmacy who was to supply the medicines calls up last evening to say that MRP has changed and I have to pay a difference of Rs. 400. Checked the prices and found no change on the Practo website. Told the supplier I was not accepting this difference. It was too late to call the call center as it closes at 1900 hours. Today I hope to resolve this issue.
Practo cannot help how their local supplier behaves, but for me it is the local supplier who is the face of Practo. Similar problem with Pharmeasy.
Old 28th December 2017, 18:20   #5786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Mountain of a molehill. Everyone knows this, Not every ball sold in India with a brand name written on it is original. Most of the shoppers who pay a hundred or two hundred bucks are not even worried about such things. I can understand if someone is buying any product whose MRP is substantial then we do look for sellers and ratings.

Shopclues is known to sell mostly fake stuff, I haven't even bothered with that website. My purchases are almost strictly on Amazon and that too are Amazon fulfilled (and/or Prime) sellers. If you have a problem, they will pick it up, no questions asked.
Counterfeiting, intellectual property infringement and fraud are punishable offences irrespective of the amount of the counterfeit product or whether the consumer knows about the authenticity of the products being sold.

You being an informed customer may be aware of the product being purchased, however millions of other customers might not and that is where the problem lies.

I sincierly hope that the authorities track down such counterfeit products irrespective of the value of the product.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 29th December 2017, 00:50   #5787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Now waiting for Amazon to start selling medicines online as they have been given requisite permissions. Then I do not have to deal with Netmeds, Pharmeasy and Practo. Have had bad experiences with Pharmeasy and Practo. Netmeds so far has been very good.
Update. Practo Issue resolved.

I called up the Practo call center at 0900 hrs as that is when it opens and made a formal complaint about the supplier wanting me to pay him an additional Rs 400 over and above the online payment I had made for medicines ordered.
The lady who took my call told me that I should not pay anything and that she will escalate this matter to the requisite department and that I should call back in an hour.
After a few hours I called up the call center and was informed that the issue has been resolved.
The supplier has been told to deliver the order as is and not ask for extra cash.
At 1800 hours, the delivery guy delivered the entire order. So for now, the issue is resolved.
Will raise another order next month and I hope there are no surprises next time.

Off topic, my brother raised another order for delivery at Seawoods, Nerul and again the delivery chap wanted an extra Rs 200 which my brother refused to give.
That order too was delivered without any extra charges.

I think that the local supplier is taking a chance and generating an inflated bill demanding extra money.
Maybe he hopes that the customer will not raise a complaint for a few hundred rupees.
This is unfair to the consumer who goes by the MRP and discounts listed on the site.

I am seriously hoping Amazon India starts delivering medicines so I do not have to deal with these unscrupulous dealers.
Till then I think I will stick to NetMeds or maybe try Practo one more time.

Practo call center only operates between 0900 to 1900.
Old 8th January 2018, 15:08   #5788
BHPian

Cross posting:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...ml#post4335202

Shell Helix Ultra 550041109 5W-40 (4 L) available as a lightning deal today on Amazon for 2899 Rs
Old 9th January 2018, 11:43   #5789
BHPian

Any experiences ordering from latestOne (www.latestone.com) - saw one Bluetooth EarPods from PTron torpedo - seemed cheap at 799 and saw some decent YouTube reviews
Once they deliver I will post a feedback
Old 10th January 2018, 17:44   #5790
Senior - BHPian

Got hit by the duty bug on an aliexpress shipment this week. Dashcam for 100 dollars. Invoice value at 10 dollars. Got asked to pay duty of 1300 bucks. Ouch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks