Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 16:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

Never shop on Future Bazaar India: Online Shopping Site Partnered By Big Bazaar India, Buy Mobiles, Apparel, Cameras, Jewellery in India, a site promoted by Big Bazaar. They are cheats and are worse then many of the sellers on ebay.

I bought a product worthRs.1000/- on March 12th. Today is April 12th and I am yet to receive the product. Once i got a call that my door was locked. Come on, even my purchases from International shopping sites were left in my letter box when the door is locked. I gave then my office address but still the product was not delivered.

Even today they ask me to wait another 24 hrs to give me the exact status of the order. I just requested for the refund and i am never going to shop with these guys again.

Their customer service is equally bad. They lack professionalism and don’t know how to respond to a customer.

I believe these guys missed to identify the difference between a brick and mortar shop and an online shop.
Old 12th April 2007, 18:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

satish, good that you have reported this here. They have a lot of A&M happening here in bangy about this store.

I shop quite a bit from ebay and mostly from sellers in Europe. Never had any bad experiences and some sellers have been kind enough to ship the item to me at their cost. Well I could just be the lucky one.

Most of my shopping has to do with electronics like USB hard drives, mp3 players etc... Have even purchased a Nikon D50 for my friend using my paypal account on ebay.Really havent had a bad experience shopping on ebay.
Old 19th April 2007, 08:52   #48

Maaaaany years back, I ordered a black t-shirt on Rediff and they delivered a white one. I asked them "why white" and they replied that black was out of stock. I asked back "why didn't you confirm with me if I was interested in a white and they said sorry. That was my first and last online-shopping experience in India. Online train ticket reservation, credit card payments, mobile bill payments, ofcourse, are not included in this.

USA is a different experience altogether. Have baught plenty of stuff from there and there is not a single bad experience.
Old 19th April 2007, 10:20   #49
BHPian

I ordered a K700i Housing from seller amnshop located out of chennai Through E-bay..! The seller displayed picture of a genuine K 700i replacement housings and what was delivered to me was a Rs 50 worth Chinese housing..! E-bay team did nothing, even after I complained and the seller, I called him and told him to replace it-Started off by saying he has sold what he has displayed..! Real Crap site..!

I did subsequently purchase a book from Indiamart and Ordered a new housing through cellularnation..! They all were good..!

I usually use Online service for IRTC Reservations,Rather buy a product from a trusted source or a Brick Mortar shop.
Old 19th April 2007, 10:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

I have bought 2 mp3 players (ipod and mobiblu) ,Hible cable ,some other stuff and a couple of books online from e bay ...always had great service
Old 19th April 2007, 18:35   #51
BHPian

I have had a mixed bag of experiences with online shopping. I have seen a lot of good deals on books and music online. I have had good experiences on fabmall.com until recently. I purchased tickets to a concert. The shipping price for EACH ticket is 25 bucks....How can shipping price increase by 25 bucks for a piece of paper??? That was sheer looting. The only reason I went through with that order was because I couldnt find them elsewhere (may be thats the reason for the charge!!)

But the highlight was when I bought MANGOES online. They were supposedly alphonso mangoes for some ridiculous price ( I dont remember... i think it was 50 bucks..the site doesnt even exist now...used to be Web search or something like that...). What I got was mangoes, the size of lion dates It was sweet though!!!

On a serious note, I would like to know the stores which ship internationally. That would give more room for price comparison and since people have first hand experiences.

I know of Tower Records / Tower.com: Online shopping for music, movies, videos, books, digital downloads and more I have purchased DVDs here and sometimes they have very good prices. But one needs to keep looking.

I am planning to buy some audio spares from Parts Express Home - Subwoofers, Speaker Building, Car Audio, Home Audio / Video, Pro Sound (which ship internationally for $50 or more)

lets add to this list.

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (depends)
Tower Records / Tower.com: Online shopping for music, movies, videos, books, digital downloads and more
Parts Express Home - Subwoofers, Speaker Building, Car Audio, Home Audio / Video, Pro Sound
Old 27th November 2008, 00:34   #52
BHPian

Anyone shop online?

InfiBeam: Gifts to India | Online Shopping India | Apparel, Books, Cameras, Watches, Mobiles

I am looking to get a G-Shock from these guys. Normally, I would have bought one at a brick and motar store, but can't find the particular model in the Delhi area.

Has anyone dealt with this company? Seems that they are based out of Delhi and Ahmedabad. Any reviews on them or any shady behavior.

Sorry if I am being paranoid, but I do not feel like getting my credit card info phished or scammed but I have not heard of these guys.

Any feedback on them would be most appreciated!

Thanks
vcash
Old 27th November 2008, 00:57   #53
Team-BHP Support

I have never heard of them. But if you are at all keen to buy from them use a Netsafe card from HDFC if you have an HDFC bank account. I find that very handy for these cases.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:48   #54
BHPian

Recently bought some stuff from Indiatimes Shopping, its been close to 4 weeks since i placed the order and still waiting for the delivery of the product!

I strongly vote against Indiatimes Shopping, their customer reps say that it will take max 13 days to deliver the product from the date of order and once you make the payment, it becomes "13 working days from the date of realization of payment and the product will be dispatched, will take another 3-4 days on top of that for receipt."
Old 27th May 2010, 18:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

I recently shopped for shoes at bigshoebazaar.com. It was a wonderful experience.

details of which are written here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...thread-15.html
Old 27th May 2010, 20:34   #56
J.Ravi

An old thread got revived.

I voted for the top-most option 'Yes'.

In fact, I started buying online after I bought my Fiat Linea, which was not online, of course. For this purpose, I got myself a credit card [my debit cards were not accepted by PayPal] so that I can buy things online from ebay sites, worldwide. I bought many accessories online for my Fiat Linea, starting from Team-BHP stickers, MMI Lx130 navigator, Fiat Blue&Me iPod adaptor, Fiat Linea diecast scale model, Fiat tyre valve caps, etc. Many more things are in the pipeline!

Old 27th May 2010, 21:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

I have bought (and sold) thousands of dollars worth of item in USA online.
Favourite sites include buy.com, newegg, bhphotovideo, adorama and amazon.
Also have bought clothing and apparel from online stores.
The car does not technically qualify as an online buy - but I got the ad online @ craigslist.
However 20North of India did not offer a very pleasant experience.
I think I shall try flipkart once I go back to India for gettings books. heard they are a good lot.
Old 1st June 2010, 01:26   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I have bought (and sold) thousands of dollars worth of item in USA online.
Favourite sites include buy.com, newegg, bhphotovideo, adorama and amazon.
Also have bought clothing and apparel from online stores.
The car does not technically qualify as an online buy - but I got the ad online @ craigslist.
However 20North of India did not offer a very pleasant experience.
I think I shall try flipkart once I go back to India for gettings books. heard they are a good lot.
Even i bought lots of stuff from Amazon and e-bay while i was in US, its just the lack of professionalism when it comes to most of the online sellers in Indian market.
Old 16th July 2010, 21:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

My online purchases are maximum of air and train tickets. Apart from that a couple of time dining and a mobile. It is better to use for the essentials rather than for all purchases.
Old 17th July 2010, 14:37   #60
BHPian

yes i would and do buy online.
indian experience is improving day by day and most of my gizmos and comuter related products are online...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks