Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:23   #6076
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I have got two OBD diagnostic tools for my friend's garage valued at 13k and 16k respectively, through SG post and not a paisa of customs duty was paid. It depends upon your luck, or rather the mood of the customs officials. These two were sent without any gift marking but were declared at a value of 30$.
Thanks.Yes of course mood of the custom officials is one aspect.As in your case Aliexpress declared a very low value and customs have accepted.I think one has to take a chance and be ready for charges...I prefer to buy low value items less than $20.Should be ok
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:46   #6077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Should come thru, mostly without additional charges. Waiting customs clearance.
You were right, Now the consignment has reached BLR RMS post office. Let me see if they deliver it without asking for custom duty!
Old 4th September 2018, 10:16   #6078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You were right, Now the consignment has reached BLR RMS post office. Let me see if they deliver it without asking for custom duty!
The item reached me yesterday afternoon without any customs duty.

This was shipped through Aliexpress standard shipping which ships via Singapore Post and reached me in 20 days! Much better than the slow China Post Registered airmail that gets stuck in Kolkata for weeks together!
Old 4th September 2018, 10:35   #6079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
..Much better than the slow China Post Registered airmail that gets stuck in Kolkata for weeks together!
It's Kolkata. One package of mine came soaked wet after a good delay @ Kolkata. It was an Aukey charger - I had to ask for a refund.

Another package I ordered with faster shipping. It reached Kolkata faster than normal, but is now sitting there. Hope this one also does not suffer the same fate.
Old 4th September 2018, 11:30   #6080
BHPian

I am yet to try Aliexpress standard shipping but both my recent parcels with China Post Registered Airmail were delivered in under 2 weeks.
Old 7th September 2018, 07:50   #6081
Senior - BHPian

I want to order a (large-ish) set of kitchen knives from Amazon US. Shop & Ship doesn't accept them:

https://www.shopandship.com/content/...ms-listing.pdf

Amazon is willing to deliver to Bangalore, but I'm concerned that customs could impound/confiscate the set. Does anyone have any experience in this matter? I'd rather buy an (possibly inferior) Indian set than lose a few hundred dollars worth of merchandise.
Old 7th September 2018, 09:00   #6082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I want to order a (large-ish) set of kitchen knives from Amazon US. Shop & Ship doesn't accept them:

https://www.shopandship.com/content/...ms-listing.pdf

Amazon is willing to deliver to Bangalore, but I'm concerned that customs could impound/confiscate the set. Does anyone have any experience in this matter? I'd rather buy an (possibly inferior) Indian set than lose a few hundred dollars worth of merchandise.
Getting anything from Amazon US through Amazon US is safest. If you don't get it for ANY reason, you get refund.

If custom charges more than calculated (charged at the time of purchase) by Amazon, Amazon will pay for that.

If custom charges less (or zero) than calculated by Amazon, Amazon will refund you.

* This is for Amazon fulfilled items.
Old 7th September 2018, 10:32   #6083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Getting anything from Amazon US through Amazon US is safest. If you don't get it for ANY reason, you get refund.
That wasn't my worry. My question was whether there is any chance that Customs will confiscate my knife set.

(I prefer Shop & Ship over Amazon's own shipping; for one it has end-to-end tracking and the cost is more or less the same).

Edit: Was informed of Indian Arms Rule 1962, Schedule 1. Issue arises only if the knife has a blade longer than 9 inches or wider than 2 inches. I think I'm good. Let me order and see.

Last edited by binand : 7th September 2018 at 10:39.
Old 8th September 2018, 20:05   #6084
Distinguished - BHPian

20% off till 10 September at www.superskoda.com
Old 10th September 2018, 20:55   #6085
BHPian

Bookmyshow has greyed/removed movies running at Inox from it's website. As per the guy at the Inox ticket counter, they've discontinued working with Bookmyshow and want patrons to purchase from Inox website henceforth.

What have you heard ?
Old 11th September 2018, 17:45   #6086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
As per the guy at the Inox ticket counter, they've discontinued working with Bookmyshow and want patrons to purchase from Inox website henceforth.

I faced the same issue last Sunday while booking. I didnot check at Inox, but your post confirms that it must be true.

Made my booking over Paytm and got a 100 Rs cashback too for an Inox booking.
Old 18th September 2018, 09:10   #6087
Senior - BHPian

I know this question would have been asked several times earlier. I had ordered a Xiaomi DVR for my car from Aliexpress. The DVR price along with 64GB Memory card was around INR 4900

Currently the tracking info shows Held by Customs. When I go to details, I see Import clearance failure.

What is the next step for me? Should I contact some one ? OR will I be contacted by some one? How to pay the duty? Or is there a way to claim that since the cost is very less, duty is not applicable? Please guide
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-customs.jpg  

Old 18th September 2018, 09:23   #6088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I know this question would have been asked several times earlier. I had ordered a Xiaomi DVR for my car from Aliexpress. The DVR price along with 64GB Memory card was around INR 4900

Currently the tracking info shows Held by Customs. When I go to details, I see Import clearance failure.

What is the next step for me? Should I contact some one ? OR will I be contacted by some one? How to pay the duty? Or is there a way to claim that since the cost is very less, duty is not applicable? Please guide
For detailed tracking use 17 Track app or website.The AliExpress tracking is not very accurate. https://m.17track.net/en

Now coming to your question, don't worry about it, it'll be released in few days and will be shipped to your place.
If there is a custom duty applicable, it'll be collected by the post man who delivers the product.
I am sharing a screenshot of one of my recent orders.
It will help you understand the different process through which the shipment goes.
You can see even my order was held by customs for two days, but they released it later.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20180918092024.jpg  

Old 18th September 2018, 09:58   #6089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
For detailed tracking use 17 Track app or website.The AliExpress tracking is not very accurate. https://m.17track.net/en
Now coming to your question, don't worry about it, it'll be released in few days and will be shipped to your place.
Thanks a lot Francis. I am really missing Thanks button in this thread
Old 18th September 2018, 12:22   #6090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

I saw the same message for my DVR couple of weeks back, but was delivered in a couple of days. No duty was asked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks