Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2018, 16:26   #6106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Be wary of calling FK customer service unless you would like to join a certain political party
Thank god that the call didn't go through. Now I'm sure that I can certainly do without the coins.
Old 3rd October 2018, 16:46   #6107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Flipkart customer service is a joke!
Even, technically, their website is a joke. There are things I can complain about with Amazon's site, but the increasing number of times when I just got an error message, instead of a product page, from Flipkart, has meant I don't often even bother to look there any longer.

These major e-retailers are supposed to be tech companies, right? So, even after a decade or more, can't they get their basic techie stuff right?
Old 3rd October 2018, 16:55   #6108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

These major e-retailers are supposed to be tech companies, right? So, even after a decade or more, can't they get their basic techie stuff right?
Yes, they are 100% tech savvy. So, you can imagine?

In olden days, the person at helpline keeps the phone engaged, just by keeping the receiver aside. Now times have changed. As per my knowledge Reliance CDMA started all these techniques, as to how to avoid the Customer getting into conversation with the Company. Because, If you get in touch they have to oblige or else the problem is solved on its own.

Flipkart avoids communication or delays it, If they find themselves at fault. Amazon straight away rejects. It all depends on how the Customer follows up.

Last edited by jaaz : 3rd October 2018 at 16:58.
Old 3rd October 2018, 20:43   #6109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Flipkart avoids communication or delays it, If they find themselves at fault. Amazon straight away rejects...
I've never been very keen on telephones, and have got less so since I got deafer, and had to deal with many more regional accents spoken against a background noise. I tend to initiate complaints by email.

I can say that Amazon hope to deter this with an onslaught of FAQs and stuff, apparently hoping that it answered my question. One has to dig a little deeper for the actual email address that gets one's specific complaint dealt with by a human. I don't have to read too much of this thread to know that this is not always satisfactory, but I can say that I personally have always received appropriate answers and actions. so a vote for Amazon from me on this one. None the less, I believe I have had reason, in the past, to comment that customers of Amazon dot com or dot UK get better service than customers of Amazon dot IN.
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:02   #6110
Senior - BHPian

I have figured out how China is ahead of India in economic terms. Simply put, they are 3-4 days ahead of us.

How do I know?

An e-shopping parcel arriving through China Post has the following tracking details displayed TODAY (03/10/2018) .

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20181003_2053291026x1167974x1108.jpg
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:12   #6111
Distinguished - BHPian

With you in this. I have had much better experiences with Amazon. Though they do not actually encourage you speaking or even communicating with a human, but they have online written chats on which they have successfully and satisfactorily solved my issues. Agreed that all these options are not displayed in a very upfront manner. But they are much better than FK and seem eager to resolve your problem.

And yes, Flipkart many times throws an error that 'something went wrong' or on these lines when you are in the middle of browsing for products. Encounter that error a bit too frequently.
Old 5th October 2018, 14:01   #6112
Distinguished - BHPian

Its the time of the year when the online retailers are beginning their so called blockbuster offers. However, I see the scams already getting cooked. They have slowly jacked up prices lately. If thats not enough, the MRP of iPhone 7 plus 128 GB in Amazon is listed as 63k odd rupees whereas in Apple India website, it is 59000. After the discount by Amazon, its coming to 59000. This they might reduce slightly during the sale and call it a blockbuster deal.

Though this is nothing new, I request everyone to keep a tab on the price changes before you make a purchase, especially if you want to invest on something expensive like a phone.
Old 5th October 2018, 14:23   #6113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I request everyone to keep a tab on the price changes before you make a purchase...
This has started almost a fortnight back. A few items I was interested in picking up during the festival, after applying the 10% card discount, have their prices already marked up by 5-15%. It makes perfect sense to purchase them now instead of waiting and getting disappointed with shipping delays during the shopping fest.
Old 11th October 2018, 16:31   #6114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I request everyone to keep a tab on the price changes before you make a purchase
So true.

The Online Shopping Thread-img20181011wa0005.jpg

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B015ZLXHG2/..._AqYVBbX8AE8EC
Old 11th October 2018, 16:42   #6115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Ok, so if that great offer were not there, I could have still had this wonderful plastic chair, single piece, for Rs. 25,000! Now available for as less as 1200!

Another one here:
The Marantz amp PM5005, which is priced officially at Rs. 34K as far as I know...there are 2 listings for the same on Amazon.

In the first listing which takes the cake, the MRP is stated to be north of Rs 1,22,000!!

The Online Shopping Thread-marantz.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-marantz-2.png

Disclaimer: I love Amazon anyway

Last edited by saket77 : 11th October 2018 at 16:43.
Old 11th October 2018, 16:43   #6116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
So true.
That is just insane. Wonder who prices these items

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I have figured out how China is ahead of India in economic terms. Simply put, they are 3-4 days ahead of us.
Well, though it sounds funny, it isnt wrong. The update is future dated since your parcel has been booked on that flight for transit. It has been booked on two flights, Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur and from KUL to Delhi. Hence the system gets updated automatically. Also, like I told elsewhere, there is an error in interpretation between the actual postal website and the tracking websites. Hence such funny cases arise.
Old 11th October 2018, 17:52   #6117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is just insane. Wonder who prices these items
I asked the same question to amazon this morning and I was promptly told that pricing is the sole prerogative of the seller concerned and that the site itself has nothing to do with it because it is just a marketplace.

I had picked up an item on 9th, the offer day for prime customers, at ₹X. Today, the same is being offered at ₹X-1000 by the same seller. This no doubt left me angry and I queried them as to how I - a privileged () customer had to pay more than a non prime purchaser. Four parrots (that or chat bots at Customer care, both are simar anyhow) and a couple of copy pasted replies later, a supervisor apologized saying he could understand my sense of loss but couldn't so anything as there is no solution for such problems.

I left it at that.
Quote:
Hence such funny cases
Regarding that parcel, glad to inform that it has reached my place. Hopefully, it will be delivered tomorrow. Your reply was of great help in tracking the same.

While on the topic, do consider posting a comprehensive guide on how exactly to track and interpret foreign origin parcels coming to India. We all can benefit from it.

Last edited by dailydriver : 11th October 2018 at 17:58.
Old 11th October 2018, 22:04   #6118
BHPian

Quote:
I had picked up an item on 9th, the offer day for prime customers, at ₹X. Today, the same is being offered at ₹X-1000 by the same seller. This no doubt left me angry
Happened with me once. I immediately ordered the cheaper one first (to be sure it's not out of stock or some other funny business), then cancelled my costlier purchase and went on with my daily routine.
Old 11th October 2018, 22:33   #6119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Happened with me once. I immediately ordered the cheaper one first then cancelled my costlier purchase and went on with my daily routine.
I couldn't, for a variety of reasons. The discounts, cash backs and the EMI would all need to be first cancelled and then reapplied - a time consuming task. Plus, the item had already been delivered at the intended address. Too many variables to consider and hence a larger headache than losing out on a thousand bucks. On the obverse side, two other items i helped my colleagues purchase at a mouthwatering price had significantly higher prices by yesterday evening (13,xxx vs 16,xxx). We have a saying in Kannada "Sikkidavanige Seerunde" that goes well with the situation.
Old 12th October 2018, 14:08   #6120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding that parcel, glad to inform that it has reached my place. Hopefully, it will be delivered tomorrow
The parcel was delivered today, at the very beginning of the promised 12-16 October window. No customs charged, no id proof asked or produced. All in all, if I discount the minor ghost period in the middle, this was a pleasant shopping experience. The item was shipped on 28/09 from Shenzhen and reached me on 12/10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks