Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 09:10   #6121
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Another one here:
The Marantz amp PM5005, which is priced officially at Rs. 34K as far as I know...there are 2 listings for the same on Amazon.

In the first listing which takes the cake, the MRP is stated to be north of Rs 1,22,000!!
Hi Fi Equipment that too not fulfilled by Amazon is really pointless to check online.

These are best bought from direct retailers who deal with that brand. Don't even look at stores that are not representing the brand.

I was looking at a sound bar and ended up buying the Polk Magnifi Mini from Amazon cause it was sold by Appario and with all cashbacks was cheaper than what Pro-FX was selling it for.

The box has imported by Pro-FX written on it.
Old 14th October 2018, 09:39   #6122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I request everyone to keep a tab on the price changes before you make a purchase.
I usually list my wishlist in a app called StalkOwl which keeps track of price changes and keeps me updated on surge and drop. These sales gala are not really the point at which product prices drop significantly.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20181014093850.png  

Old 14th October 2018, 10:23   #6123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I usually list my wishlist in a app called StalkOwl which keeps track of price changes and keeps me updated on surge and drop. These sales gala are not really the point at which product prices drop significantly.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I wish there was an iOS app for this too. For Amazon US, CamelCamelCamel does an excellent job to get the historical prices of Amazon as well as 3rd party sellers.
Old 14th October 2018, 13:34   #6124
Senior - BHPian

Some of the sellers on Amazon are a treat to deal with :(

Ordered a few books for my daughter from three different sellers. Seller 1 send it promptly and i receive it as expected.

Seller 2 and 3 update status as shipped and send the courier number both of which turn out to be incorrect.

Got amazon to intervene and they send a mail to both sellers to clarify. Both sellers send me the same incorrect tracking numbers again!

I keep persisting when finally after the 4th mail, both of them admit they have not yet shipped it and ask me to wait for a few days or to cancel the order.

I would have been ok with the delay if they had been upfront about it...now, not so much!
Old 22nd October 2018, 22:06   #6125
BHPian

Guys, Iam using Dell XPS L502X. Off late, the JBL speakers have got faulty. Spares are not available in local shops or in Dell authorized service centre. In Trivandrum. Can someone please recommend any reliable online store to buy the speakers?
Old 23rd October 2018, 02:48   #6126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Guys, Iam using Dell XPS L502X. Off late, the JBL speakers have got faulty. Spares are not available in local shops or in Dell authorized service centre. In Trivandrum. Can someone please recommend any reliable online store to buy the speakers?
Below is a reliable online store to buy JBL speakers. www.in.jbl.com
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:44   #6127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
Below is a reliable online store to buy JBL speakers. www.in.jbl.com
Sorry that i didnt explain it well before. This is internal speakers in laptop Dell xps L520x and the ome is JBL. JBL or Dell is not selling speakers as such in their online or offline stores. Hence looking outside for any reliable seller.
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:59   #6128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry that i didnt explain it well before. This is internal speakers in laptop Dell xps L520x and the ome is JBL. JBL or Dell is not selling speakers as such in their online or offline stores. Hence looking outside for any reliable seller.
Get the Dell part number for the speakers (you can find this at the Dell support site by entering your service tag, and listing out the configuration of your laptop). Then search for that part number on Amazon (.com and .in) and Ebay.com to find speakers from JBL, as well as alternative compatible speakers. This is the typical way of finding spares if Dell support/service are unable to help. You will easily find spares in the US (and on US sites).

This page seems to indicate that the part number for the left/right speakers is TF8VD and that of the subwoofer is PN57G.

Amazon.com has it.

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd October 2018 at 13:08.
Old 25th October 2018, 20:17   #6129
Senior - BHPian

Amazon Prime Membership - One month @ ₹129/-
My Experience

After an initial free trial at the time of its launch, I returned to Amazon Prime membership this month, primarily to avail some benefits of the Great Indian Festival sales. Although the actual objective turned out to be not so lucrative, I have found some extra benefits in the form of minor cash backs, free shipping etc. But more importantly, the many titles available for free in the Kindle app have made sure that I have actually got back every penny I paid towards the Prime membership. Add to it the deemed cost of two movies already seen and a few more that are in queue, I am quite satisfied, to say the least. But for the drawback of being in a small town where same day/next day delivery is often not possible/feasible, I would have opted for a long term membership.

One instance was of particular interest to me: I had ordered an item costing a couple of hundred bucks and was in no hurry to receive it. Amazon gave me a No Rush Delivery option wherein instead of 2 days the product would reach me in four and as compensation ₹xx/- would be added to my Amazon Pay balance. I opted for it.

Little things like these are what differentiate a good shopping experience from a mediocre one.
Old 26th October 2018, 00:12   #6130
Senior - BHPian

I got 1 year free membership to Amazon Prime through a BSNL offer. Apparently you are eligible for it if your plan is over Rs.799/- per month.
Old 26th October 2018, 06:47   #6131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I got 1 year free membership to Amazon Prime through a BSNL offer. Apparently you are eligible for it if your plan is over Rs.799/- per month.
That's neat!

For me however, with an annual call-net outlay not exceeding even double the amount of your monthly plan, Prime will, for long, remain a paid privilege .
Old 26th October 2018, 07:12   #6132
Senior - BHPian

I get prime free on Airtel for the 499 plan. Just got added a couple of months ago,haven't used it as yet as my paid Prime subscription expires at the end of the month.
Old 26th October 2018, 12:09   #6133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I get prime free on Airtel for the 499 plan. Just got added a couple of months ago,haven't used it as yet as my paid Prime subscription expires at the end of the month.
Got the same on my 999 plan. Activated it this month as my paid one ended. Quite convenient and of course being free is a bonus
Old 27th October 2018, 11:59   #6134
Senior - BHPian

Got my order like this today from Amazon. I am used to of getting stuff properly packed so this was a surprise. Many other people on different forums have also received their orders without proper outside packaging. Upon checking further came across this article -

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/ne...-boxes-1937276

Personally I would still prefer my orders to be properly packed.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20181027_090813.jpg  

Old 27th October 2018, 13:01   #6135
Senior - BHPian

This is a common issue with amazon now a days. I ordered 2 leather hand bags last month, both arrived without proper packaging (just polythene bag), and bags were damaged. I returned and placed another order and it came without any packaging. Luckily there was no damage second time.

I am an airtel broadband customer, but I do not see amazon prime offer on airtel tv app.

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th October 2018 at 13:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks